Tyrone Culver - 6th Round Gold? or another TT bust?

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
you havent heard of his leadership?

thats all i seemed to hear about him when i was asking "who is he?" when we got him.

he wont be THE leader of the defense, but hes a leader, and that helps. You cant have 1 leader, and 10 other shmucks or tools. you gotta have a number of guys who will hold people accountable (Barnett,Harris, Manuel, Hawk eventually)

Good...I hope he is. I wasn't ripping him. I just hadn't heard about his leadership in Seattle. To be honest, I don't know a whole lot about him.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh i know. i didnt either. I just know he has an interception in the NFC championship game last year, hes a good run defender, and hes a good leader with good personality.

Reaction score
Culver29 said:
Thanks for the welcome, and of course I don't take it personally...after all, I am a bit bias :)

All your points make perfect sense, and I agree completely. Veteran leadership is important, and no doubt Manuel will be a huge help to Culver. Naturally I'd want Culver to start, and we'll see in the next two games if Manuel can perform just as good or beter. I've always been a big advocate for sacrificing a little for the better of the future, and if Culver was playing the better game throw him to the dogs and let him learn.

It's often said that unlearning something is a lot more difficult than learning from scratch...so I wonder how much of an issue this will be with Manuel unlearning the Seahawks scheme/terminology. If it takes Manuel a year to learn a new sheme perhaps that year would be better spent developing Culver. Then you'd have a product made in-house.

some good points there. I think the fact that TT hasn't brought in any safety due to the loss of Underwood speaks volumes about what the staff think of Culver. A great pick, by the looks of things so far! :D

Members online

Latest posts