Tyni's 2020 Mocks

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did one earlier full mock...however today amended it to include trade options as a means of changing things.

This mock is also with the assumption we trade out of the #30 spot back. Two other assumptions so everyone knows; we resign Bulaga and sign a ILB starter (whether that is Littleton, Schobert, Kwiatkoski...)

First Round #30 - Pick is traded with the Indianapolis Colts for their #34th pick, and a swapping of the 3rd round picks (IND #75 & GB #94) and perhaps like a 7th or so.

Second Round #34 (acquired from Colts) - I predict the trade I did, because I feel at this point Queen and Murray are gone, and given the deep WR pool he builds pick equity. I'll predict we go a run stuffer and say we get Marlon Davidson (Auburn) OR bigger guy in Leki Fotu. For the sake of the mock, I'll go Marlon Davidson here.

Second Round #62 - I think there are going to be some solid options we can go here...do we dip into the WR pool or OL...both I feel some first year contributors if needed are present. I will say we resign Bulaga OR Veldheer and the future RT is a bigger concern than immediate RT and say we draft the Chase Claypool. His size truly makes him a flex TE/WR option...but somehow he got that frame to nearly dip below 4.4 in the 40. Dude is legit, and he and Kmet are both options here, but I prefer the Claypool diverse offerings. Other options here I suspect might be Hamler, Gandy-Golden, Pittman and Johnson amongst others.

Third Round #75 (acquired from Colts) - Matt Peart, Uconn I'm predicting here we will be forced to pick between that Tier 2 ILBs (possibles including Dye, Phillips, Jennings, Davis-Gaither) and top OLs out there. Peart's arm length, size and upside is too immense to pass up as the possible heir to the future at RT.

Fourth Round #133 - I'm sticking to a pick I've predicted a few times at this slot. Troy Pride Jr. out of Notre Dame. To me you could be drafting that #3-5 CB solid guy long term, with the chance he becomes more. Either way if all I ever get is my Nickle corner or my #4 out him I'm fine with that 100%.

Fifth Round #TBD (trade predicted...we send 2 of our 3 6th rounders and a 7th rounder for a mid-5th round option) - With this pick we target another WR or ILB in the groupings respect bottom Tier2/Top Tier3 prospects. I'll predict Isaiah Hodgins from Oregon State as we dip our toes back into the WR pool. His height and 4.61 speed is enough to make me intrigued. I strongly feel an OL is possible here as well. I've predicted Terrence Steele, OT from Texas Tech in the 5th before, and could see that still if he is here or similar.

Fifth Round #175 - D.J. Wonnum DE/OLB - While DE/OLB arguably isn't a huge need, his technique and speed is something at this point I don't pass. Upside swing player that could grow into something special. He slides into that #4 depth position left with Fackrell departing.

Sixth Round #209 - Gonna stick with another pick of mine at this spot: Jack Driscoll OL out of Auburn. While he started at Right Tackle for Auburn I foresee an interior Guard at the NFL level. Typically converted Tackles are what Green Bay likes at guard so this could project into something.

Seventh Round #242 - LeVonta Taylor DB from FSU. Underachieved for the latter part of his College career. However, his foot speed and potential is vastly too much to go undrafted, albeit I suspect it will be last round or two he goes.

Overview condensed:

#34 - Marlon Davidson, Auburn DL
#62 - Chase Claypool, Notre Dame WR/Hyrbid
#75 - Matt Peart, Uconn OT
#133 - Troy Pride Jr., Notre Dame CB
#150-170 TBD - Isaiah Hodgins, Oregon State WR
#175 - D.J. Wonnum, South Carolina DE/OLB
#209 - Jack Driscoll, Auburn OL
#242 - LeVonta Taylor, FSU DB

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love it. All picks are good value (and plausible)

Claypool is tough to gage on where he goes, but there will be a very good WR available at that spot. Not sure he would be my pick, but he has a ton of potential.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love it. All picks are good value (and plausible)

Claypool is tough to gage on where he goes, but there will be a very good WR available at that spot. Not sure he would be my pick, but he has a ton of potential.

Yeah Claypool honestly is the type of guy I could see leaping into end of the First or SHOCKING folks dropping to beginning of third. That is bound to happen with a few WR prospects given the depth in the position.

I tried to really hard not to make any reaches of guys I hope would fall to a spot and just assumed they'd be gone...Reagor as example...or Jordan Phillips falling past the 4th...or Dye being their in the 4th...all things I'd LOVE to say will happen but aren't likely.

Peart is the gem of this mock, as I really like how he projects.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I did one earlier full mock...however today amended it to include trade options as a means of changing things.

This mock is also with the assumption we trade out of the #30 spot back. Two other assumptions so everyone knows; we resign Bulaga and sign a ILB starter (whether that is Littleton, Schobert, Kwiatkoski...)

First Round #30 - Pick is traded with the Indianapolis Colts for their #34th pick, and a swapping of the 3rd round picks (IND #75 & GB #94) and perhaps like a 7th or so.

Second Round #34 (acquired from Colts) - I predict the trade I did, because I feel at this point Queen and Murray are gone, and given the deep WR pool he builds pick equity. I'll predict we go a run stuffer and say we get Marlon Davidson (Auburn) OR bigger guy in Leki Fotu. For the sake of the mock, I'll go Marlon Davidson here.

Second Round #62 - I think there are going to be some solid options we can go here...do we dip into the WR pool or OL...both I feel some first year contributors if needed are present. I will say we resign Bulaga OR Veldheer and the future RT is a bigger concern than immediate RT and say we draft the Chase Claypool. His size truly makes him a flex TE/WR option...but somehow he got that frame to nearly dip below 4.4 in the 40. Dude is legit, and he and Kmet are both options here, but I prefer the Claypool diverse offerings. Other options here I suspect might be Hamler, Gandy-Golden, Pittman and Johnson amongst others.

Third Round #75 (acquired from Colts) - Matt Peart, Uconn I'm predicting here we will be forced to pick between that Tier 2 ILBs (possibles including Dye, Phillips, Jennings, Davis-Gaither) and top OLs out there. Peart's arm length, size and upside is too immense to pass up as the possible heir to the future at RT.

Fourth Round #133 - I'm sticking to a pick I've predicted a few times at this slot. Troy Pride Jr. out of Notre Dame. To me you could be drafting that #3-5 CB solid guy long term, with the chance he becomes more. Either way if all I ever get is my Nickle corner or my #4 out him I'm fine with that 100%.

Fifth Round #TBD (trade predicted...we send 2 of our 3 6th rounders and a 7th rounder for a mid-5th round option) - With this pick we target another WR or ILB in the groupings respect bottom Tier2/Top Tier3 prospects. I'll predict Isaiah Hodgins from Oregon State as we dip our toes back into the WR pool. His height and 4.61 speed is enough to make me intrigued. I strongly feel an OL is possible here as well. I've predicted Terrence Steele, OT from Texas Tech in the 5th before, and could see that still if he is here or similar.

Fifth Round #175 - D.J. Wonnum DE/OLB - While DE/OLB arguably isn't a huge need, his technique and speed is something at this point I don't pass. Upside swing player that could grow into something special. He slides into that #4 depth position left with Fackrell departing.

Sixth Round #209 - Gonna stick with another pick of mine at this spot: Jack Driscoll OL out of Auburn. While he started at Right Tackle for Auburn I foresee an interior Guard at the NFL level. Typically converted Tackles are what Green Bay likes at guard so this could project into something.

Seventh Round #242 - LeVonta Taylor DB from FSU. Underachieved for the latter part of his College career. However, his foot speed and potential is vastly too much to go undrafted, albeit I suspect it will be last round or two he goes.

Overview condensed:

#34 - Marlon Davidson, Auburn DL
#62 - Chase Claypool, Notre Dame WR/Hyrbid
#75 - Matt Peart, Uconn OT
#133 - Troy Pride Jr., Notre Dame CB
#150-170 TBD - Isaiah Hodgins, Oregon State WR
#175 - D.J. Wonnum, South Carolina DE/OLB
#209 - Jack Driscoll, Auburn OL
#242 - LeVonta Taylor, FSU DB

I like your thought process and the players you chose.

One minor quibble-- while doubling up on WR would make a lot of sense, I would hope for complementary skill sets rather than two guys who have a very similar role to play in any offense. Hodgins, in my opinion, is kind of a poor man's version of Claypool.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I've seen the idea floated a few times that we would swap 3 or even 4 late picks for one middle round pick. Are there any examples of this happening? I'm not aware of that being common practice.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like your thought process and the players you chose.

One minor quibble-- while doubling up on WR would make a lot of sense, I would hope for complementary skill sets rather than two guys who have a very similar role to play in any offense. Hodgins, in my opinion, is kind of a poor man's version of Claypool.

Don't necessarily disagree except this guy is a pure WR...where Claypool literally can line up touching the Tackle and block if needed as well as Graham LOL.

I do remember debating a lot about the kid from Tennessee here and another that is escaping my memory atm. Valid rebuttal of that pick.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've seen the idea floated a few times that we would swap 3 or even 4 late picks for one middle round pick. Are there any examples of this happening? I'm not aware of that being common practice.

If desiring a case by case example of years and teams it occurred I cannot off hand. I know I've seen it occur more than one may remember.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If desiring a case by case example of years and teams it occurred I cannot off hand. I know I've seen it occur more than one may remember.

I'm not saying it's never happened, I just don't recall it happening. Not a huge deal... we're just talking about the later rounds of a mock draft. I'm just curious.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Don't necessarily disagree except this guy is a pure WR...where Claypool literally can line up touching the Tackle and block if needed as well as Graham LOL.

I do remember debating a lot about the kid from Tennessee here and another that is escaping my memory atm. Valid rebuttal of that pick.

I think both guys win primarily with size and physicality, while the Packers have a dire need of playmakers who can make things happen after the catch.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think both guys win primarily with size and physicality, while the Packers have a dire need of playmakers who can make things happen after the catch.

Which is why Hamler was the serious debate leader for me given what he provides.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Just 2019 trades:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-draft-trade-tracker-details-of-all-the-moves

You'll notice a decent number of trades in 4th, 5th, 6th and even 7th surprisingly.

Maybe I wasn't clear.

I'm not doubting that trades happen all the time in the middle and later rounds. I'm just saying that I can't recall seeing the specific types of trades where one team gives up one pick to gain 3-4 late rounders. If you'll notice, there were no examples like that.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe I wasn't clear.

I'm not doubting that trades happen all the time in the middle and later rounds. I'm just saying that I can't recall seeing the specific types of trades where one team gives up one pick to gain 3-4 late rounders. If you'll notice, there were no examples like that.

Every pick after round 4 (okay, probably round 5), is early UDFA.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where he lands vs. where Hakeem Butler landed last year will be interesting.
Or Metcalf and AJ Brown. Both went much later than I thought (although i wasnt a Metcalf fan).

There will be some guys in the 3rd round that are sometimes bantered about as first round possibilities.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or Metcalf and AJ Brown. Both went much later than I thought (although i wasnt a Metcalf fan).

There will be some guys in the 3rd round that are sometimes bantered about as first round possibilities.

I remember people talking about EQSB in the 2nd or 3rd round. Ended up being just a bit off.

Just goes to show we know nothing. Well, I know nothing.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember people talking about EQSB in the 2nd or 3rd round. Ended up being just a bit off.

Claypool is egregiously more gifted and skilled in all areas but WR intelligence. I was high on EQ but never thought he'd go above 4th really at the highest. Claypool has been high on many folks ratings and honestly I'd take him over Jefferson at this point any day which many think I'm nuts for....but he truly is that WR that no one would argue with a team drafting in the 2nd necessarily, but also not be shocked if he slipped and someone STOLE him end of the 3rd.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

There are components to the equation that we do not know.

Coachability
Attitude
Medical
Work ethic
Father who encourages alternative stretching/warmup regimens

Guys can get by in college just off their athletic skills. When it comes to the NFL, that advantage is gone and they need to be hitting on all the cylinders.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Coachability
Attitude
Work ethic

Being minutes from South Bend and familiar with Notre Dame, even couple past folks connected to the football program...it is these reasons that I still remain high on EQ despite his injuries last year. When it comes to those three things plus intelligence he is second to none.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like F>R in boredom I decided to give a simulated mock and for the first time in a while I did feel like just an insane amount of odd player droppings occurred. That said while I do sense Tee Higgins is the WR not getting much attention I would be shocked if he fell as deep as us in the 2nd...but I think him falling into the 2nd may actually occur. That said here is my most recent simulated mock (first one was not a simulated one):

#30 - Ross Blacklock iDL out of TCU...INSTANT assistance with Clark.
#62 - Tee Higgins WR out of Clemson (I think realistically this could be Claypool or similar)...however if here this is a no brainer.
#94 - Matthew Peart OT out of UConn <----I'm high on this guy.
#136 - Logan Wilson LB out of Wyoming...this simulation went as I expected and ILB just didn't seem the value pick until now...
#175 - Terence Steele OT out of Texas Tech...one of my favorite mid-round Tackles out there, and yet this is realistic and not a reach.
#192 - A.J. Green CB out of OSU...he has the height, needs some technique and while aggressive needs touch more strength.
#208 - Tanner Muse S out of Clemson...I know not a big need, but this spot and this player just seems like a steal. I'm openly a Muse fan though so...
#209 - Sewo Olonilua RB out of TCU...dude literally is a FREAK. 700lb squats....My day 3 darkhorse we all will know in the RBs in a year or two no matter what team gets him.
#236 - Charlie Taumoepeau TE out of Portland St...I believe I introduced him to many on the boards...but check out his combine numbers compared to history prospects.
#242 - James Proche WR out of SMU...I was shocked he was still there as I don't believe he will be...but no brainer if so.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Blaylock Wilson Steele Muse and Proche. About Steele...I've seen him 7th/UDFA territory why would we use a 5th round pick on him. I think the others that I like fit in right where you have them though.

Problems I see: Drafting ANOTHER CB? We're full up!

Question: Where did Thaddeus Moss go in the draft you did and did you consider drafting him? He shows up well in the CFBP, that shows me he has big game skills.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With most likely signings in Free Agency now relegated to veteran bring ins or "injury" flagged options...I'm ready for an official 2.0 in depth mock draft, and yes we have a trade again. This time however it is a trade UP not BACK.

We trade our 2021 2nd Round Pick, 2020 4th Round Pick, 2020 6th Round Pick for Kansas City's 2020 2nd Round Pick. KC is going to be facing some serious turnover soon, and having an extra 2nd next year to re-load and add a 4th & 6th to their limited number of picks this year I bet they take. The trade value chart puts their pick at 276 vs our 3 picks sent at 324.6

With Kirksey signing I don't feel as cornered to grab an ILB and my gut tells me Gute shares that thought which is why he went out and got him. To a lesser degree Wagner did this as well for OT. Neither of those statements mean ignore or don't need...but we came away from the corner we were previously in.

#30 - ROSS BLACKLOCK iDL (TCU) - Lately it seems at 30 I'm attempting to choose between Gallimore and Blacklock at iDL...an OT that may or may not slip to us and of course a slew of WR options. While sometimes I convince myself Gallimore is the safer player between the two, Blacklock just seems to have a much higher ceiling albeit with a few more questions and the obstacle of competition he has seen being lesser than Gallimore. He is a big body but is agile and quicker than he honestly should be. He instantly helps fortify our interior and give Clark much needed true assistance.

#62 - BRANDON AIYUK WR (ARIZONA ST.) - I am not sure I believe the buzz that Brandon is looking more and more like he will be a 2nd rounder...I put him here ONLY because if he is here HE IS THE NO BRAINER CHOICE. However, realistically I believe this choice will be between the likes of Chase Claypool/Van Jefferson/KJ Hill all of which I'm 100% fine with selecting here. If given the choice between those 3 I'm actually bucking my Claypool fanboy status and saying Van Jefferson. His route tree and ability to get open with precision is INCREDIBLE. That is a trait that transfers to any level quicker than any other IMO.

#63 - Cole Kmet TE (ND) - Yup, this trade is to add another tool to Aaron Rodgers tool chest after ignoring it for years. Adding Kmet to a TE room that has Lewis, Jace and Tonyan to me is amazing. Kmet is big, tall and gets off the line quick. He is a willing and very capable blocker...if tasked with one on one assignments he rarely loses IF his hand placement is right. That is where shadowing Lewis could turn Kmet into a two way TE beast, as his offensive side of things is there.

#94 - Troy Dye LB (Oregon) - Kirksey is a willing tackler, I expect we add a veteran or cheap thumper at some point...give me Dye that has range for days, a frame which can add a touch more without losing that capability and let's see what happens.

#136 - Traded away to KC

#175 - Terence Steele OT (Texas Tech) - One of my mid-round tackles that I feel projects well to the NFL. In every automated mock I do he goes 4th-5th rounds and if here I think we should jump on him, especially given my scenario where it took this long to finally dip into the OL part of the draft. @Favre>Rodgers259 you and I both love this guy if memory serves.

#192 - A.J. Green CB (Oklahoma St) - Many have been yelling for an AJ Green signing...so here you go LOL. He has the size, speed and capabilities that could translate into an NFL role. Strength is his most glaring issue.

#208 - Traded away to KC

#209 - Scott Frantz OT (Kansas State) - A three year starter at RT for K-State with immense upper body strength. If he gets his hand punch to the defender he isn't losing...however that greatest strength is where his weakness lies as well. He is susceptible to quick counters or being shed IF he misses with his punch. If he can polish that off, he is a STEAL and could be a starter in the league....if he doesn't he never sees 3 years in the league.

#236 - Levonta Taylor CB (FSU) - A shorter defensive back than most like, and is not the highlight reel all hoped he would be after his 2018 back injury slowed him. He switched to safety last year and could get the nod as a sub-packaged safety or nickle DB. The dude has grit is the best way I can put it...and often times its the attitude that pushes the late rounders through roster cuts...while his skillset may cut him, this cat will never be called lazy or low effort.

#242 - Charlie Taumoepeau TE (Portland State) - I truly hope he doesn't last this late. Everyone on the board has seen me rave about this as my late round gem in the TE class that isn't very deep...and that lack of depth is why I suspect he goes in the 5th or 6th...but time and time again I read he will most likely go near end if not undrafted. This project gem TE is not big enough to be a three down TE in the league...but split out or off the ball package player he could eventually excel at. High football IQ...from a small school....I dream of the day "TAUMOEPEAUUUUUUUUUU WITH THE TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!" at Lambeau.

There you have it my official 2.0 MOCK OF 2020...

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts