Tynimiller 2021 Mock Draft Thread

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welp....way too early, relying way too much on other folks rankings and notes...but fine let's go:

Round 1 - Pick 29:
Nick Bolton - LB Mizzou

Both Rondale Moore (WR-Purdue) and Eichenberg (OT - ND) made me hesitate quite hard here. But Bolton has that mixture of everything you want in a LB, some would argue just slightly under sized, but I foresee 10lbs added easily and no loss of play or speed at the next level. The middle of our defense is our most glaring need on that side of the ball and I'd argue iDL/ILB is arguably the biggest place needing shored up heading into 2021 IMO. So Bolton comes off the board to us. Tufele (iDL - USC) is a guy I'm curious on if USC's down here will possibly put him down at this pick...many pundits had him arguably pushing to be top 20....now I'm seeing him creep down towards the end of round 1....but honestly this is not a dominant iDL class IMO. They're sweetspot collectively will be in rounds 2/3 IMO.

Round 2 - Pick 61:
Kadarius Toney - WR Florida

Perhaps my nephew being a massive Florida fan is causing an influence on me...but this guy caught my eye while I fell in love with Jefferson's route running scouting WRs last year. His hands are not his strong suit...but LORDY watch out when the ball is in them. A returner and instant replacement IMO as a jet sweep motion option that is much better than Ervin. He is unlike any of our other WRs presently, but is also parts of all of them in one. All in all...this is a serious toy for Aaron and MLF to have some fun with right out the gate as a rookie.

Round 3 - Pick 92:
Alim McNeill - iDL NC State

I love some of the flashes Alim shows in his ability to create inside penetration. Lane responsibility and eating up doubles is something he has shown capable of, but with some technique work (watching one of the best in Clark work won't hurt too)...I think he could QUICKLY be our #2 without a doubt. 310+lbs that is quicker than it should be is always a nice thing to have upfront.

Round 4 - Pick 130
Keith Taylor - CB Washington

It just so happens that as we watch King leave...we welcome to Green Bay a new Washington defensive back in this mock of Taylor. CB is a position I think we have to grab before the end of Round 4 and honestly if I wasn't so hot and cold on Asante Samuel Jr from FSU, I may have picked one in the first round. That said Taylor has immense size, and with it is surprising smooth. He can and does play all over the field, nickle, outside and even LB at times in Washington's sub packages. Jack of all trades, master of none type player he intrigues me to no end and his potential and versatility at this pick is too much to pass up and we need to rebuild the CB room after King leaving. At 6'3" and just shy of 200lbs, he is a BIG athletic CB - if he grows in the NFL could be a special player.

Round 4 - Pick 137
Alaric Jackson - OT Iowa

Yes, this may be too early coming off a year where our OL excelled...but with the departure of Linsley...possible fiscal cuttings of Turner or Wagner on the table and personally being of the mindset it is always worth adding potential to the OL we pick Jackons out of Iowa here. He is a college tackle but could be most suited inside at the NFL level - and I LOVE guys like this (ala Runyon 2020). He is country strong and rarely will lose to a second move if he connects first...his short reach though is what makes me think the move inside could be perfect fit for him. If he excels like I feel he may, this could provide the flexibility to move Jenkins out or to C.

Round 5 - Pick 169
Roger McCreary - CB Auburn

When a school like Auburn or LSU have a down year, I try to familiarize myself with some of their prospects as typically the Day 2 or early Day 3 types slide a touch along with the teams record. McCreary is one such prospect IMO. He is an excellent gunner option on STs if nothing else, but is comfortable in press and has shown capable route reads in zone. Has gone up against some of the SEC's best and while he has lost his fair share, has also illustrated wins too. Good size and speed at this pick - Let's Go!

Round 5 - Pick 175
Tommy Kraemer - iOL Notre Dame

What Tommy lacks in horizontal mobility he makes up for in his strength. VERY rarely will a defender out power him, you wanna bull rush him - this cat will shove that back at you and then some. His strength is power rush blocking, but easily could handle pass protection in our system I feel, especially if his feet technique is coached up a bit. His strength is like MVS's speed though - not coachable and very much present.

Round 6 - Pick 206
Cary Angeline - TE NC State

Big Dawg is probably gone...so what we need in the TE room is that in line TE, that is a willing blocker BUT when asked does have sure hands and route knowledge. Doesn't mean his route running is crisp and elite...but he understands that aspect just like Lewis does and excels in his receiving role when asked. Angeline is just that IMO. At 6'7' he is the size...but does need to add some weight and I fully expect that to happen. His catch radius, willingness to throw his body into blocks and experience lining up in multiple spots make him a low risk, but possibly lower ceiling type guy here.

Round 6 - Pick 214
Joshua Kaindoh - EDGE Florida State

Massive strides, illustrates insane athleticism...but just hasn't seem to click it all together. Having a season ending 2019 campaign didn't help...but very raw with potential. Many will not see much, but then again much the same could be said of Garvin in 2020 - who has shown flashes.

Round 7 - Pick 250
Mustafa Johnson - iDL Colorado

One of my favorite names in the draft Mustafa is intriguing, but nothing spectacular. Watching limited snaps of him, he is easily forgotten but he is the type you feel should be remembered. We need some more interior help and lets dip into the iDL spot again.

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Sure, why not!

I'd be surprised if Gute spent a first on a linebacker, but I wouldn't mind it.

I don't know if Toney is a WR yet, but my goodness is he a freakshow with the ball in his hands.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure, why not!

I don't know if Toney is a WR yet, but my goodness is he a freakshow with the ball in his hands.

Toney is that toy/gadget guy. Has WR in him, RB in him...jack of all trades. I'd love to say he will be there in the 3rd, but he won't and I think he offers our offensive scheme quite the upgrade.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Toney is that toy/gadget guy. Has WR in him, RB in him...jack of all trades. I'd love to say he will be there in the 3rd, but he won't and I think he offers our offensive scheme quite the upgrade.

I’ve heard talk of character stuff clouding his eval for front offices.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ve heard talk of character stuff clouding his eval for front offices.

I've heard very opposing views on that front. I also have always thought Green Bay despite our lack of really proving the theory - is a good spot for such guys. Smaller town atmosphere can do those types well - or the "isolation" makes it worse I guess.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I've heard very opposing views on that front. I also have always thought Green Bay despite our lack of really proving the theory - is a good spot for such guys. Smaller town atmosphere can do those types well - or the "isolation" makes it worse I guess.

No idea. Just something to monitor as that sort of thing often means guys go where you don’t expect. Lynn Bowden for instance.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No idea. Just something to monitor as that sort of thing often means guys go where you don’t expect. Lynn Bowden for instance.

I concur, and as we get closer and more insight comes in Toney is definitely a guy circled to keep an ear out on. His raw skillset honestly has 1st round level chops..his size and experience lessons that some...if character flaws exist he very well may go back into the 3rd.

If you see any Iowa games, watch that Alaric Jackson...I'm very impressed with what he could be. Big fan of drafting college Tackles to play guard like we did with Runyon and I'm almost as confident in Alaric as I was in Runyon being a capable OL in the NFL.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also since the dialogue here typically switches to WR...I'll go on record right now stating I only have 4/5 WRs graded for 1st round IMO.

Jamar Chase - LSU *To me he is the cream of the crop.

*in no specific order after Chase:

DeVonta Smith - Alabama
Jaylen Waddle - Alabama
Rashod Bateman - Minnesota
Rondale Moore - Purdue

Batement and Moore
These two guys I think could be in the game for us where we pick. Very different in what they bring to the team, Moore would be that jet sweep motion guy with ooodles of athleticism - only guy that could do that as a rookie to his degree is Toney out of FLA.

Bateman is the type of WR Gute loves, 6'2' with some size to his frame. The covid opting out, then in, then back out makes it tough to gauge just what he is - but most pundits say he is a top 10 wr no doubt, many place him at 4/5. If Gute and Co. is wanting more of a pure #2 or #3 guy for the future Bateman could get the look over Moore.

After the first there is a lot to like about a few guys that range from Day 2 to borderline Day 3

St. Brown - USC He is not the student of the game like his brother, but I'd argue has much better natural talent for the position.
Olave - OSU
Toney - FLA -
Dude is a living joystick with the ball...return man, gadget receiver, jet sweep...was also at one time a QB.
Marshall - LSU
Surrat - WF -
Ex QB and smart with solid size and hands.
Wallace - OkSt *He has the exact same first name is me...so he caught my eye awhile ago. Injury history with ACL in 2019 but is by far capable of contributing at the next level.
Williams - UCF

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I concur, and as we get closer and more insight comes in Toney is definitely a guy circled to keep an ear out on. His raw skillset honestly has 1st round level chops..his size and experience lessons that some...if character flaws exist he very well may go back into the 3rd.

If you see any Iowa games, watch that Alaric Jackson...I'm very impressed with what he could be. Big fan of drafting college Tackles to play guard like we did with Runyon and I'm almost as confident in Alaric as I was in Runyon being a capable OL in the NFL.

When it comes to OL, I have one opinion.

If Duke Manyweather likes them, then I like them.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure, why not!

You know the more I've thought on this, I tend to agree...unless a sensational drop happens...it is highly likely Gute doesn't go ILB in the first.

Eichenberg or a SOLID OT or DT could be vastly more likely or a CB

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I won't do another till January at least...but for kicks I threw a VERY early rendition of potential trade up scenario that is logical:

Won't describe every player like I did prior, but here you go:

Round 1 - Pick 29
Shaun Wade - CB Ohio State (6'1" - 195lbs)

King is gone, we need to flip back into the CB room. Jaire is pumped to see a new position mate of Wade's ability.

Round 2 - Pick 61
Tyler Shelvin - iDL LSU (6'3" - 360lbs)

Clark - we got you help bud. Keke is proving to be solid in pressing in on QBs, Shelvin is the run/interior plug support now.

Round 3 - Pick 92
Shaka Toney - EDGE Penn State (6'3" - 250lbs)

Shaka's frame can hold a tick more wait, very quick and is adding more than just shoulder lean wide pressure moves...if Preston isn't cut this pick is more about a talent too good to pass...but also serves as Preston replacement of the future either way.

*TRADE
Round 4 - Pick 110 FROM BROWNS
We send a 4th (130) and a 5th (169) to the Browns for pick 110 and their 7th round pick at 245
Sage Surrat - WR Wake Forest
Gute finally makes a move for kinda like a poor man's Pittman ala 2020 draft - and you all remember how high I was on Pittman. Surrat is a converted QB, excels in reading defenses, good but not great route runner, good but not great speed...does everything just maybe not excellently. Does win jump balls a lot and has great hands and body control. To me he is a slightly more athletic Lazard.

Round 4 - Pick 137
Tyler Vrabel - OT Boston College (6'5" - 310lbs)

Vrabel is another pedigree offspring (Runyon ala 2020) that perhaps is rumored to be heading up the boards...but I still think he is firmly a 4th round caliber guy give or take. Solid potential to succeed at the next level, could move inside of needed however has the length to potentially go RT.

Round 5 - Pick 175
Olaijah Griffin - CB USC (6'0" - 175lbs)

He is a light framed guy, but has excellent agility, fluid hips and despite frame a willing tackler. Does have a tendency to get too handsy down field.

Round 6 - Pick 206
Master Teague III - Ohio State (5'11" - 225lbs)

Injury history is only reason he won't go Day2...worth the risk and with Jones or Williams or both gone in 2021, that room needs skills. He attacks the hole aggressively!

Round 6 - Pick 214
Talanoa Hufanga - S USC (6'1" - 215lbs)

Amos is beginning to subside a bit in production and injury has been bugging Greene..with Savage and Scott the only two that seemingly will see the future long term Hufanga adds to that. A very willing hitter that excels at tackling he if for nothing else should be a monster ST.

Round 7 - Pick 245 FROM BROWNS
Matt Bushman - TE BYU (6'5" - 245lbs)

What exactly will he become...blocking chops seems to be there but hasn't been proven...route running appears to be there but doesn't again seem proven. Older guy at 25, so physically he may be about what he will be.

Round 7 - Pick 250
Marquez Stevenson - WR Houston (6'0" - 190lbs)

Versatile weapon, but has had two injuries 2016 - collarbone and ACL in 2017. Despite that has put up BIG numbers and is a potent jet sweep/shovel option - MLF smiled somewhere.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly the more I look at that above mock...the more I think it fits what is going to play out this year...BUT maybe instead of Surrat it is a RB if we lose Williams and Jones.

I predict Wagner, Lowry, Kirksey and P Smith are all getting cut due to fiscal restraints....with the first three picks we replace a loss of Kevin King, get Clark assistance in the middle and somewhat replace Lowry loss (albeit different type guys), Shaka walks in as the new #3/#4 as Gary elevates up...

Looking deeper Bushman possibly helps cover loss of Lewis which could happen...Teague in the 6th hopefully helps flesh out thinner RB room and Vrabel is a possibly starter or Runyon type that can handle reserve role right out the gate along the now thinner OL room.

Throw in Stevenson at the possibly loss of Funchess, Ervin and Austin....comes in with WR experience and able to run the sweep/jet position which could be vacated....

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First fanspeak mock cbs edwards board 4 round

#31 LB Micah Parsons Penn State

#63 WR Terrance Marshall LSU

#94 DL Jay Tufele USC

#133 DL Darius Stills West Virginia

#139 CB Bryce Thompson Tennessee

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure, why not!

Bolton and Parsons are both special...patrick wilson bobby wagner fred warner

Honestly if Packers could somehow get both of them I don't think they'd lose another game for the rest of the aaron rodgers and jordan love eras...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Tufele makes it to the third that pick i think would end up being out best. Thompson is a solid CB of value where he will go.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here you go...currently so those reading know...I'm entering the mindset of a mock that we only resign Williams not Jones. Preston is cut, Wagner is cut, King priced out of our range, Kirksey is cut and Amos possibly as well depending on salary cap stuff. Tonyan we find a way to resign, but Lewis finally hangs the cleats up.

That said, the latest draft played out the way I prefer to do business: trade back and heavy draft in the 2nd and 3rd/4th range. Especially my preferred style when we are out of the blue chip first round guys like we will be.

Latest draft played out IMO almost too good. Realistic still presently before combine and bowls for these guys, but still almost too perfect. Two trade back scenarios with the Panthers first and then Giants second. This left us with two in the second, a third and two in the 4th. While it sounds like not much, we moved up in the fourth via the trades and added a 2nd, plus moved up in Day 3 slightly.

Second Round Pick 42 - Nick Bolton LB Missouri

Second Round Pick 63 - Rondale Moore WR Purdue

Third Round Pick 74 - Jaylen Twyman iDL Pittsburgh

Fourth Round Pick 105 - Shaka Toney EDGE Penn State

Fourth Round Pick 137 - Tyler Vrabel OT Boston College

Fifth Round Pick 175 - TJ Carter CB Memphis

Sixth Round Pick 182 - Reed Blankenship S Middle Tennessee

Sixth Round Pick 208 - Peyton Hendershot TE Indiana

Sixth Round Pick 214 - Olaijah Griffin CB USC

Seventh Round Pick 251 - Mustafa Johnson iDL Colorado

I've spoken on most of these guys and will save the description but overall notes....Blankenship is a Mid Round safety I like who has great length but raw. Truly could see him succeed heavily if allowed to learn a year, should contribute on ST immediately as well. Carter and Griffin are mid to late round CBs I have circled - IF we fail to address it early in the draft. I struggled with the Rondale Moore selection with still some surefire CBs on the board...and then Twyman IMO is too good to pass up if he reaches Day 3 which is still from all reports a viable option to nab him this year. Vrabel I foresee as a 4th round NO LATER type guy, but if not him there a few other OTs would have been my pick regardless. Hendershot is unknown commodity. With his criminal issue this year basically having to miss the season - red flag is what drives him down. I had him as a possible Day 2 LOCK before this issue, now the kid by all accounts could be ignoring the draft until Day 3 at the earliest - gifted and could excel if life has straightened him out. Steal talen wise in the 6th. Mustafa is tough to gauge where he goes but I like him Day 3 and he was there and not unrealistic (I avoid the unrealistic options in mocks).

For reference the first trade was:

Pick 31, Pick 132 (4) and Pick 171 (5) *with the 31st they grabbed Kendrick CB out of Clemson
FOR THEIR
Pick 36, Pick 105 (4) and Pick 182 (6)

Second trade was:

Pick 36, Pick 94 (3) *with the 36th they grabbed Zaven Collins
FOR THEIR
Pick 42, Pick 74 (3rd)

Last edited:
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bolton and moore in the 2nd would be awesome!

Both of those guys are that back end of 1st to never reaching the 3rd type. Is it too early for either in the 1st...some would say yes, others no. Both are excellent

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So in the line of thought of my sharing how I feel this draft more than any of the last 5 or so is HEAVY value in picks 50-140....I did a mock with a mindset of go get guys after the first - even if it means sacrificing picks overall and in this case a 4th in 2022 as well. We know we are getting some serious comp picks in 2021 draft with Jones, King and Linsley all most likely walking so...use that 2021 likely equity and make some moves. That draft played out:

Pick 31 - Chose to not trade back, just didn't find a suitor for picks I like. Liam Eichenberg (OT - Notre Dame) instantly grants us the ability to say bye bye to Wagner and really not miss a beat. Has the length to play an edge T or easily could slide inside - granting us the ability to move Turner or Jenkins out to RT. Eichenberg also has the build and qualities I think could instantly make him our best back up to Bahk as well.

Pick 49 - As the second round got going there is one WR I see immense value in the MLF system; Kadarius Toney (WR - Florida). Finally, when pick 49 rolls around I know the Cardinals are very low on picks and dial up a trade to go get him. It strips me of both 5th rounders and our Pick 63, but worth it to add an insanely dynamic playmaker on offense the likes we haven't seen since a young Cobb maybe??

Pick 70 - Waiting to see how the iDL and CB positions are falling very early in the 3rd round...I watch as one of my final three iDL graded higher than this goes we stay aggressive and get our interior trenches stronger by another trade. We send the Bengals Pick 94 (3rd) and two 4ths (132 & 137) in return we get Pick 70 and Pick 107 (4th). With that trade we nab one of my favorite iDL in Jaylen Twyman (Pittsburgh). If he hadn't opted out, I foresaw him playing himself into contention for a 1st round selection...

Pick 89 - We ain't done folks...as I said we are staying aggressive, sacrificing picks and nabbing guys we like. Greg Newsome II (CB - Northwestern) is sitting there still and is the last remaining no doubter - starting caliber CB IMO. We eliminate us from having a 4th rounder this year and next (until comp picks most likely are figured) by sending Pick 107 (4th - 21'), 2022 4th rounder & Pick 208 (6th) for Tampa's Pick 89 and Pick 166 (5th, getting us back into the 5th round)

Pick 166 - We nab a solid complimentary back in Javian Hawkins (RB - Louisville) unlike ANY back we presently have on the roster or I expect to have on the roster in 2021 (predicting Jones gone, Williams back). So while Williams and Dillion both serving as the main options, Hawkins offers a massive change of pace as he will not lose a foot race against anyone (save maybe MVS) on the roster, sure hands in the passing game and despite stature does an above average job of throwing himself in there as a blocker. Jet/Sweep guy is something he also could offer as we most likely watch Ervin leave and Austin perhaps walk.

Pick 194 - May seem odd, but we STILL are staying aggressive...with a 6th and a 7th in our pocket, we slide up using both to grab a high ceiling type Edge guy in Patrick Johnson from Tulane. Tulane has used him everywhere along the defensive front, so versatility in offering is exceptional...will need some serious grooming of course and depending what role he fills there is a frame there to add 10-15 lbs as well. He'll instantly compete for the #3 spot behind Gary and Z and Preston is most likely elsewhere in 2021.

So, staying aggressive in my mind finds us a surefire OL starter now or in the future for sure in Eichenberg.
An instant weapon in Kadarius Toney for MLF and Rodgers to play with.
An interior Defensive Lineman that could possibly compete on half the teams in the league for a starting role in Twyman
Greg Newsome II walks in and INSTANTLY has the chops to challenge for the role vacated by Kevin King

Two solid depth/future guys to build on in Hawkins and Johnson

In a perfect world a coverage type LB would have been in here somewhere but just didn't fall that way...trading up and nabbing say a Nick Bolton that is possibly still there at 49 and waiting for a 4th or 5th round pick trade up for a gadgety type WR (poor man's Toney/Moore type) easily could have been the mindset as well....but all in all a draft like this could INSTANTLY in my opinion reset and make the Packers remain in the top 10% of the league for 2021

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@PikeBadger why funny? Because it most likely isn't gonna happen?

I don't believe Gute would triple down essentially on trade ups, BUT the aggression on the Love trade and picking Dillon where he did (arguably Deguara) as well makes me think he's also the type to go get if he sees a guy on their board of value.

I think a trade up into the 3rd or 2nd with all our draft equity is a tremendous idea to make happen given the caliber of guys in the draft class vs what we need.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
The packers have a lot of draft capital this year. I would not be surprised to see them trade up to get the CB they want. They have a history of trading up for DBs they love. I have no reason not to believe that if Gute et. al do trade up for a DB they love, they will be anything short of a week 1 2021 starter.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The packers have a lot of draft capital this year. I would not be surprised to see them trade up to get the CB they want. They have a history of trading up for DBs they love. I have no reason not to believe that if Gute et. al do trade up for a DB they love, they will be anything short of a week 1 2021 starter.

Yup, and I have probably 4 or 5 going in the 1st and then about 10 more over that next 2nd/3rd round area...with most of those guys nearly a surefire #2 with King walking for us. DB and iDL are two positions I'm 100% a fan of trading up for.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
@PikeBadger why funny? Because it most likely isn't gonna happen?

I don't believe Gute would triple down essentially on trade ups, BUT the aggression on the Love trade and picking Dillon where he did (arguably Deguara) as well makes me think he's also the type to go get if he sees a guy on their board of value.

I think a trade up into the 3rd or 2nd with all our draft equity is a tremendous idea to make happen given the caliber of guys in the draft class vs what we need.
Because I have fat, out of control thumbs

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The deeper I dig into this draft class, and the more that player profiles and my big board is clearing up a little more...the more I keep going back to the mindset of trading back, and even trying to do so multiple times.

I believe this for a few reasons, but very briefly:

• This team's roster has needs for sure, but not a single MASSIVE hole or gap exists (I'd argue into 2021 starting #2CB and #2iDL to be the "biggest" needs)
  • Most years typically after Pick 15-20 your honest to God surefire guys are gone...
  • Roster building with 10 or more picks is better than with 7...maybe...
  • The depth in this draft is alive and real IMO from about pick 50-150 and I foresee a lot of solid (maybe not all pro candidates) but easily solid #2 guys at their spots with potential to become #1s.

That said here is my latest draft, as always I'm assuming Jones is gone, Linsley is gone and Preston was cut and Lowry for certain. I ignore illogical trades and players that have no business being possibly available if presented.

In this draft I do 3 trades. First two are trade backs, and the third one moves us up a few spots for a pick. Trades are broke down at end of draft. Draft came together as:

Pick #51 (2nd) - Paulson Adebo CB - Stanford - 6'1' 190lbs

Adebo is a guy that I've circled, not because I think he is one of the top 5 CBs, but because he is easily in the Top 15 and I feel is a fit and will be available I think after 1st round top flight guys (I predict 5 or 6 gone in 1st). He primarily aligns outside and has 2 years of starting under his belt. His biggest issue is lower body strength, but I think that can come. King is leaving, we need to find that #2CB for Jaire...so much so you will see I dip back into this position again and not terribly later either.

Pick #63 (2nd) - Walker Little OT - Stanford - 6'7' 309lbs

Walker is a stud, plain and simple. Some predicted he would be a top 5 OT, and while the chops are there I think he will wash out to be around the 7th - 12th OT taken due to his opting out and no 2020 tape. He has the frame and skills to play Left Tackle but I foresee him as an instant possible replacement to a Wagner cut if needed. Lot of debate on going iDL or even CB again with some on the table I liked...even a WR flirted with this pick...but in the end I love the bigguns in the trenches and 2020 has illustrated you keep Rodgers clean in this system and dear lord almighty....also crazy but it wasn't until reviewing the draft, that I noticed two Stanford guys boom and boom...LOL

Pick #81 (3rd) - Alim McNeill iDL - NC State - 6'2' 315lbs

Explosive. Dude can jet for a man his size off the line. His slippery hips and flexibility grant him quite the ability in shooting gapes and providing penetration. Processing/Diagnosing skills are where his best growth is needed, gets caught playing catch up too often - but we're picking here a little. Kid can instantly provide solid depth and rotation to a spot this team desperately needs it.

Pick #99 (3rd) - Greg Newsome II CB - Northwestern - 6'1' 190lbs

There is a real chance Greg winds up higher than here. He could creep into high 3rd or low 2nd round. Personally I have as a Top 15 CB, but it varies some have him out of their top 20. I love his grit and willingness to man up to the opponents best. If he wasn't here, another guy at this stage I like would be Keith Taylor (Washington) which would be intriguing for his size (6'3'), raw skill set, and the fact King is leaving and in sweeps another Washington guy to battle for his spot. Four picks in and we HOPEFULLY have our next #2CB in either Adebo or Newsome [Taylor].

Pick #132 (4th) - Elijah Moore WR - Ole Miss - 5'9' 184lbs

For the second pick in a row I'm relying on my board and potentially picking Moore higher than some would have him, and honestly doing so at a cost with some players I like at spots arguably with need out there like Tre McKitty TE, Dimitri Moore LB, Tony Fields II LB, Malcolm Koonce EDGE and Gaoteote LB all being of solid value here IMO at least. Instead I grab my YAC, big play type WR. Personally I see 3rd round talent here maybe higher, but his size is what could cause a fall which many are predicting. Extremely elusive and explosive type player with the ball in his hands...honestly him and Darden are excellent WRs due to the fact despite their size they fear nothing across the middle and Moore can track the ball excellently and exhibits above average to good hand skills. He would flourish in the MLF system. *Dillon type pick here, shouldn't be here according to my board and I pluck him.

Pick #137 (4th) - Daelin Hayes EDGE - Notre Dame - 6'4' 266lbs

Daelin is a 5th year guy, so older than some, but physicially he already looks the part of an NFL defender. I hate to say it as a ND fan, but he is not an explosive player, but can and does impact the game when he isn't in there. Very dependable and solid tackler against the run game, rush skillset would grow at the next level - but does have the snappy foot speed needed on speed rushes. He isn't going to be asked to be our #2 ANY time soon, but he can easily contribute and be groomed for the future.

Pick #159 (5th) - Jaret Patterson RB - Buffalo - 5'9' 195lbs

Ladies and gentlemen let me introduce you to one of my favorite picks of this draft. This young man PRODUCED at Buffalo. His hands are excellent, his feet a shifty and his running style seems to morph into what is needed any given gameday. He can push through contact with an incredibly strong frame set lower than any defender's and is why typically he can find yards where not many others would. With Jones gone Patterson is an excellent complement to Williams and Dillon, IMO instantly making Dexter irrelevant. Another pick here that follows my gut more than anything, most have him rated later, IMO his talent shouldn't be here at this point but is likely to be.

Pick #171 (5th) - Tony Poljan TE - Virginia - 6'7' 225lbs

Has the frame of a solid inline blocking tight end yet needs work there...however his football IQ is very high being a former QB. A red zone target that has hands for days and illustrates a great catch radius. Time to groom another one.

Pick #175 (5th) - Brenden Jaimes OT - Nebraska - 6'5' 300lbs

A starting left tackle with solid strength and anchor that a bull rush rarely if ever works against. His knock is limited lateral agility and his technique handing outside or speed rushes will be his downfall if he doesn't succeed. A switch to the interior is one I predict, but that ability to swing to a Tackle to get you out of a jam is one reason I love him Day 3.

Pick #251 (7th) - Isaac Slade-Matautia LB - Oregon - 6'0' 225lbs

Hyrbid ILB out of Oregon that shows no fear in contact but run defense is not his knack, coverage type linebacker for sure that can cover most any TE or RB you throw at him...should be a ST contributor as well.

Trade #1 - Pick 31 FOR Pick #42 & #99 (Newsome)

Trade #2 - Picks #42 & #214 FOR #51 (Adebo) & #159 (Patterson)

Trade #3 - Picks #94 & #208 FOR #81 (McNeill)

Last edited:

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
The deeper I dig into this draft class, and the more that player profiles and my big board is clearing up a little more...the more I keep going back to the mindset of trading back, and even trying to do so multiple times.

I believe this for a few reasons, but very briefly:

• This team's roster has needs for sure, but not a single MASSIVE hole or gap exists (I'd argue into 2021 starting #2CB and #2iDL to be the "biggest" needs)
  • Most years typically after Pick 15-20 your honest to God surefire guys are gone...
  • Roster building with 10 or more picks is better than with 7...maybe...
  • The depth in this draft is alive and real IMO from about pick 50-150 and I foresee a lot of solid (maybe not all pro candidates) but easily solid #2 guys at their spots with potential to become #1s.

That said here is my latest draft, as always I'm assuming Jones is gone, Linsley is gone and Preston was cut and Lowry for certain. I ignore illogical trades and players that have no business being possibly available if presented.

In this draft I do 3 trades. First two are trade backs, and the third one moves us up a few spots for a pick. Trades are broke down at end of draft. Draft came together as:

Pick #51 (2nd) - Paulson Adebo CB - Stanford - 6'1' 190lbs

Adebo is a guy that I've circled, not because I think he is one of the top 5 CBs, but because he is easily in the Top 15 and I feel is a fit and will be available I think after 1st round top flight guys (I predict 5 or 6 gone in 1st). He primarily aligns outside and has 2 years of starting under his belt. His biggest issue is lower body strength, but I think that can come. King is leaving, we need to find that #2CB for Jaire...so much so you will see I dip back into this position again and not terribly later either.

Pick #63 (2nd) - Walker Little OT - Stanford - 6'7' 309lbs

Walker is a stud, plain and simple. Some predicted he would be a top 5 OT, and while the chops are there I think he will wash out to be around the 7th - 12th OT taken due to his opting out and no 2020 tape. He has the frame and skills to play Left Tackle but I foresee him as an instant possible replacement to a Wagner cut if needed. Lot of debate on going iDL or even CB again with some on the table I liked...even a WR flirted with this pick...but in the end I love the bigguns in the trenches and 2020 has illustrated you keep Rodgers clean in this system and dear lord almighty....also crazy but it wasn't until reviewing the draft, that I noticed two Stanford guys boom and boom...LOL

Pick #81 (3rd) - Alim McNeill iDL - NC State - 6'2' 315lbs

Explosive. Dude can jet for a man his size off the line. His slippery hips and flexibility grant him quite the ability in shooting gapes and providing penetration. Processing/Diagnosing skills are where his best growth is needed, gets caught playing catch up too often - but we're picking here a little. Kid can instantly provide solid depth and rotation to a spot this team desperately needs it.

Pick #99 (3rd) - Greg Newsome II CB - Northwestern - 6'1' 190lbs

There is a real chance Greg winds up higher than here. He could creep into high 3rd or low 2nd round. Personally I have as a Top 15 CB, but it varies some have him out of their top 20. I love his grit and willingness to man up to the opponents best. If he wasn't here, another guy at this stage I like would be Keith Taylor (Washington) which would be intriguing for his size (6'3'), raw skill set, and the fact King is leaving and in sweeps another Washington guy to battle for his spot. Four picks in and we HOPEFULLY have our next #2CB in either Adebo or Newsome [Taylor].

Pick #132 (4th) - Elijah Moore WR - Ole Miss - 5'9' 184lbs

For the second pick in a row I'm relying on my board and potentially picking Moore higher than some would have him, and honestly doing so at a cost with some players I like at spots arguably with need out there like Tre McKitty TE, Dimitri Moore LB, Tony Fields II LB, Malcolm Koonce EDGE and Gaoteote LB all being of solid value here IMO at least. Instead I grab my YAC, big play type WR. Personally I see 3rd round talent here maybe higher, but his size is what could cause a fall which many are predicting. Extremely elusive and explosive type player with the ball in his hands...honestly him and Darden are excellent WRs due to the fact despite their size they fear nothing across the middle and Moore can track the ball excellently and exhibits above average to good hand skills. He would flourish in the MLF system. *Dillon type pick here, shouldn't be here according to my board and I pluck him.

Pick #137 (4th) - Daelin Hayes EDGE - Notre Dame - 6'4' 266lbs

Daelin is a 5th year guy, so older than some, but physicially he already looks the part of an NFL defender. I hate to say it as a ND fan, but he is not an explosive player, but can and does impact the game when he isn't in there. Very dependable and solid tackler against the run game, rush skillset would grow at the next level - but does have the snappy foot speed needed on speed rushes. He isn't going to be asked to be our #2 ANY time soon, but he can easily contribute and be groomed for the future.

Pick #159 (5th) - Jaret Patterson RB - Buffalo - 5'9' 195lbs

Ladies and gentlemen let me introduce you to one of my favorite picks of this draft. This young man PRODUCED at Buffalo. His hands are excellent, his feet a shifty and his running style seems to morph into what is needed any given gameday. He can push through contact with an incredibly strong frame set lower than any defender's and is why typically he can find yards where not many others would. With Jones gone Patterson is an excellent complement to Williams and Dillon, IMO instantly making Dexter irrelevant. Another pick here that follows my gut more than anything, most have him rated later, IMO his talent shouldn't be here at this point but is likely to be.

Pick #171 (5th) - Tony Poljan TE - Virginia - 6'7' 225lbs

Has the frame of a solid inline blocking tight end yet needs work there...however his football IQ is very high being a former QB. A red zone target that has hands for days and illustrates a great catch radius. Time to groom another one.

Pick #175 (5th) - Brenden Jaimes OT - Nebraska - 6'5' 300lbs

A starting left tackle with solid strength and anchor that a bull rush rarely if ever works against. His knock is limited lateral agility and his technique handing outside or speed rushes will be his downfall if he doesn't succeed. A switch to the interior is one I predict, but that ability to swing to a Tackle to get you out of a jam is one reason I love him Day 3.

Pick #251 (7th) - Isaac Slade-Matautia LB - Oregon - 6'0' 225lbs

Hyrbid ILB out of Oregon that shows no fear in contact but run defense is not his knack, coverage type linebacker for sure that can cover most any TE or RB you throw at him...should be a ST contributor as well.

Trade #1 - Pick 31 FOR Pick #42 & #99 (Newsome)

Trade #2 - Picks #42 & #214 FOR #51 (Adebo) & #159 (Patterson)

Trade #3 - Picks #94 & #208 FOR #81 (McNeill)
I couldn’t agree more with the trade back, unless somehow Jacee Horn falls into the 20s for a trade up, I can’t imagine the team will pick anything but an offensive lineman, iDL or CB in the first round, those that could be available at 32 could easily get some steals by moving back and getting two players for the price of one.

Also, looks like someone may have taken a peek at my draft to go with Jarett Patterson, ay? Haha in all seriousness this kid is a baller. His stock is going to rise, unless he totally blows the combine/proday. One of my favorite RBs to watch and have seen a lot of him as my father in law is a Buffalo die hard. I expect him to go by the third, but could see him fall to the 5th as I don’t think he will have the fastest 40 time out there.

Members online

Latest posts