1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Tynes is Ameriacn Right???????

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Green_Bay_Packers, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    ok so I must have this arguement with all my friends who follow the nfl he moved to the USA when he was 10 from scotland is he American??????? I hate bbc.co.uk saying he is scottish when he aint its a load of rubbish

2. Hammer

Hammer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Scottish-American. I have a couple of English friends who want to argue about this bullshit all the time. Who cares?

3. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    I do cause im british and all week long ive read on bbc.co.uk that he is scottish GRR !!!! which is a load of rubbish and you know it

4. Hammer

Hammer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Why is it rubbish? I don't know that.

5. Bertram

Bertram Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Lawrence James Henry Tynes (born May 3, 1978 in Greenock, Scotland) is an American football placekicker who currently plays for the New York Giants of the National Football League.

Tynes (a die-hard Celtic FC fan) scored the first and last points (5 points in total - including 1 field goal) in the New York Giants' Super Bowl XLII victory.

6. Bertram

Bertram Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    that's pretty scottish alright..

7. skibum55

skibum55 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    Which passport does he hold - US or UK?

8. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    All depnds... Is he a naturalized citizen? Or a citizen of US due to marriage? Does he have American Parents? How old was he when he got here?

9. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    he was born in scotland but moved to florida when he was ten. Dunno about his passport but Osi Umenyiora definitely has a British one.

10. PackCrazed4

PackCrazed4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +187
    If he's a citizen then I'd say he's an American who's originally from Scotland I guess, I mean, I have a friend who is becoming a citizen and moved here when she was 5 from Dubai but was originally born in Scotland, but I don't think she actually considers herself Scottish, British... yeah I guess so

11. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    I dont care what country he's from.

He is a giant douche.

12. vegOmatic

vegOmatic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If he's from Scotland then that makes him Plaid.

13. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Dont care and this doesnt need to be in the Packer section!

14. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    This should be in NFL news, or the Atrium.
    Me, i don't care where he's from.
    Every "American" came from some other country, other then the indians anyway. My great grandparents were from England. But i'm American, i was born here, and LOVE my country. I also would LOVE someday to go to England and see where my ancestors came from.

15. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Supposedly, the native americans migrated here from Russia, back when the Bering Strait was a land bridge.

That or they descended from the aliens, I'm a little fuzzy on my early human history... :lol:

16. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Oh..... i know PIB. I bet you are right. Everyone migrated here at some time........even the "native" americans.

17. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

YES, actually, they did come over on the Bering strait. I don't know that they had Russia back then... More closely related to the Mongols and the Chao xian tribe. That is why to this day the Eskimo and the Native Americans look a lot alike and they resemble the NE asians.

18. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Good points!
    I come here for Packer stuff, but learn so much more!

19. skibum55

skibum55 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    [quote="pack_in_black

That or they descended from the aliens, I'm a little fuzzy on my early human history... :lol:[/quote]

Actually PIB, it's Vikings and Bears fans that descended from aliens!!

:shock: :shock:

20. NYEnglishGiant

NYEnglishGiant Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    his father was a us soldier posted in europe. his mother is scottish and he was born in scotland. i believe he has dual citizenship.

He speaks with a US accent and has been in the US since he was 10. oh... and he's not a very good kicker! I'm greatful for the kick he made to win our game but I won't forget the two misses or the other misses this season. We need a better kicker.

21. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    This thread reminded me of an old Saturday Night Live skit. Click here :lol: :D

22. flep

flep Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    quote]Actually PIB, it's Vikings and Bears fans that descended from aliens!!

:shock: :shock:[/quote]

I thought the vikes and bears fans were neanderthals, being the first of there kind so not descending fom anything and not evolving either.

Note to self. keep comments like this in the smack section.

What the hell it will do nicely here thank you.

23. Hammer

Hammer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yup, to go further with this, look at the Tibetans vs the Asian Indians. The Himalayan range is the perfect geological barrier. Mexican Native Americans are genetically quite similar to Eskimos, etc, as the genetic pool has only had about 12 millenia to diversify. There is also some evidence that Polynesians may have colonized parts of the Southern Americas.