Tyler Lancaster

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not exactly thrilled that we re-signed him. Don't care about the price. I guess they think he will improve. Still need to do something about D line.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean it has gotta be cheap (assuming you're right as I don't see anything searching) and he is a depth cog which is expected and has provided a decent backup role and snaps in his time and we get him for another year CRAZY CHEAP.

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Not exactly thrilled that we re-signed him. Don't care about the price. I guess they think he will improve. Still need to do something about D line.

What is the point in getting rid of a young player who is this cheap and can give you some solid snaps? Bringing him back makes absolutely no difference to their ability to bring in someone to play ahead of him on the depth chart.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Folks are sadly clearly clueless as to how ERFAs work and how CHEAP we get to keep them.

FA typically brings out a fair number of ignorant fans who just want to ***** about everything that's happening or not happening.

H

HardRightEdge

Pretty much unless the team would decide he's worth a larger than necessary contract for retention.
All 5 ERFAs will be either exclusive rights or restricted free agents after this season so it's not like any would get away in 2021 if they show they are players.

Last edited by a moderator:

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm no fan of Lancaster, but I'd ride with him for now. The Draft could change the DL group drastically. I expect to see Lancaster fighting for his Green & Gold life this year in the Preseason.

OP
OP
gopkrs

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Folks are sadly clearly clueless as to how ERFAs work and how CHEAP we get to keep them.
I could be had pretty cheaply also. If he makes the team...man, the objective of off season is to get better. jmo you guys know so much more

H

HardRightEdge

Lancaster's performance this year was subpar, thats why.
Do you think he's a better player than some UDFA added to the 90th. spot on the camp roster? The commitment is the same.

If 2019 practice squad eligibility rules still apply, Lancaster (or any of the other ERFAs) would qualify for the PS, in Lancaster's case as one of the allowable four PS players with two accrued seasons. If it came to that, having a player with a fair amount of experience in the invent the injury bug hits might come in handy.

There are too many reasons why excercising the exclusive right is kind of a no brainer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sky King

Reaction score
There are too many reasons why exercising the exclusive rights is kind of a no brainer.
Exactly.

The early returns on Lancaster's promising play initially gave one a realistic hope that he could raise his ceiling from JAG to journeyman. Even more would be nice but one step at a time. IMHO he did not fully achieve journeyman status last season. You know, the guy who is better than a bubble player even if barely. But if he had a nagging injury or some other good reason to level off his development last season, maybe he still has a chance to realize that much talked about jump in production that we hope all our players eventually do take. Even a modest improvement may help a one-dimensional (non-pass rusher) contribute enough to warrant keeping him on the roster a while longer. Besides, who doesn't like a feel-good story?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
"He isn't good enough to be a starter so we shouldn't keep him for the lowest salary possible."

Brilliant stuff. Really breath-taking.

H

HardRightEdge

Exactly.

The early returns on Lancaster's promising play initially gave one a realistic hope that he could raise his ceiling from JAG to journeyman. Even more would be nice but one step at a time. IMHO he did not fully achieve journeyman status last season. You know, the guy who is better than a bubble player even if barely. But if he had a nagging injury or some other good reason to level off his development last season, maybe he still has a chance to realize that much talked about jump in production that we hope all our players eventually do take. Even a modest improvement may help a one-dimensional (non-pass rusher) contribute enough to warrant keeping him on the roster a while longer. Besides, who doesn't like a feel-good story?
I think you have to give him "journeyman" status. Adams and Keke and Brown had chances to steal his snaps and couldn't, and who could possibly remember all the names that floated through camp or in-and-out of the practice squad. If Adams in 3 seasons couldn't take his snaps, isn't he the guy on the bubble? I'd like to see a DL going 5 or 6 deep whereby Lancaster cannot win a job. I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

Sky King

Reaction score
I think you have to give him "journeyman" status. Adams and Keke and Brown had chances to steal his snaps and couldn't, and who could possibly remember all the names that floated through camp or in-and-out of the practice squad. If Adams in 3 seasons couldn't take his snaps, isn't he the guy on the bubble? I'd like to see a DL going 5 or 6 deep whereby Lancaster cannot win a job. I wouldn't hold my breath on that.
You may be right. He still looked a bit less than that to me. Close but not quite there. Adams, on the other hand, looked even less than Lancaster. No disagreement that he disappointed. Keke? Meh, at least so far. Fadol Brown? Too bad he did not get more of a chance.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Lancaster is very professional and clearly the coaches trust him. Otherwise, Adams and Keke would be getting his snap count numbers. Guys like Lancaster are more valuable in the eyes of coaches than they are to fans craving “eye candy”.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Literally not much more you can get or expect to get out of $750K from a player. Lancaster is a solid depth/backup guy and EASILY worth having around.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lancaster's performance this year was subpar, thats why.
Heading into October '19 Lancaster was the 7th highest rated player (per PFF) on the Packer's roster ~ that's "sub par"?? Is he Aaron Donald? Absolutely not, but the kid (25 yrs old, 6'-3" 313 lbs) plays meaningful snaps and does well. For $750k/yr where are you going to get better play? Sheesh, he's outplaying higher-priced competition in M. Adams & K. Keke (was rookie, not unexpected). There WILL be FA or draft talent added, but to NOT re-sign Lancaster would've been sheer buffoonery. ;)

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am going to go out on a limb and say Lancaster might make the ps this year. The fact that he played meaningful snaps in 19 shows how badly the DL needs revamping.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I am going to go out on a limb and say Lancaster might make the ps this year. The fact that he played meaningful snaps in 19 shows how badly the DL needs revamping.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that even if he fails to make the roster, it made total sense to tender him and keep him on the 90 man for training camp.

Latest posts