1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Ty Law

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by JbShell, Feb 16, 2006.

1. JbShell

JbShell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    if you were TT would you make a push for him? He had 10 picks and 64 Tackles with the Jets last year.

Looks like the Jets are going to let him go.

2. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe. He might be worthwhile to bring in because he's still pretty reliable and has veteran experience to bring to our young DBs.

Wasn't he playing safety last year? He would be a great compliment to Collins.

3. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    I would say "yes"..

but I know some people here are going to say that he doesn't have "the moral fiber" to play here in GB...(whatever that means...)

(maybe it means he's not getting enough roughage..which is causing some kind of spastic colon condition..or something...)

...sign him..TT

4. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it's probably all moot. He'll sign with the Pats and make the Jets' life miserable next year.

5. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    this year we should look to sign people with the predicament ty law had last year

there will be some higher profile guys cut on june 1st like law was, available right before training camp, if we conserve our cap space and sign one of these guys, a legit veteran player, our team simply looks better

6. subin

subin Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I saw him play every week this year, and though he may appear to be a huge playmaker (although I do think he's a pretty good player) I would say 9 out of 10 of his interceptions came from tipped balls or balls that were thrown right to him. I don't think there's any question that he's a good player and he's better than what we have now (Carroll), but this guy is going to be asking for a ton of money, and I just don't think he's worth it. Besides, like TO said, it looks like he wants to sign with the Pats again.

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I know he has had a good career, but i haven't seen him play last year, and have NO idea if he's any good anymore.

8. JbShell

JbShell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    stats looked good 10 picks and 64 tackles

9. PWT36

PWT36 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I get a laugh out of some posters on Packer forums , they never met a older free agent with high priced contract they didn't want the Packer to sign. Packers GM Ted Thompson. will not sign him that is against TT's free agent LAW. Sorry about that. I couldn't resist it!!

10. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    it's true

11. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i say we get him for a reasonable price for 1 year and load his contract with incentives

12. Toronto_Cheesehead

Toronto_Cheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    10 picks is impressive. However, a lot of that might have to do with him not being a shutdown corner anymore and teams not being afraid to throw his way.

13. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I agree with about three things said in this one.

14. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    if he signs with anybody but the patriots, ill be surprised.

15. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was reading that Randel El is thinking about the Bears,,,wished we could pick someone up like that...

Ty Law would be great for our team...

16. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    well randle el is from chicago (dolton actuallly, my home town) so he just wants to go home.

and ty law wants to go back home to the patriots

at least thats how it looks to me.

17. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Randle El if he joined the Packers wouldnt be that far away from home, about three hours right?