Two names that could fill the rb void

texaspackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still haven't given up on Green, he was coming back from ACL surgery. He may be much stronger next season. but I like the way Harris puts his pads down. I would like us go get a pounder that can move the pile on third and short. If we can find that guy in the draft I would rather do that then trade any picks.
This post comes the closest to my point of view. Not everybody comes back from an ACL as spectacularly quick as Peterson. Green and Harris in tandem would be good. Blount would be interesting but Bradshaw, Mendenhall, and Hillis, no thanks, the negatives are just too strong. And yeah, we do need a better O Line - not so much for the running game as to allow Rodgers not to have to run for his life all the time. As great as he is, imagine what he could be with blocking like some other QBs get.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is the strong negatives on Hillis? He's not gonna cost an arm and a leg, he's reliable, young, and proven hard nosed runner in the past. For the right price I'd jump at adding him to our stable of backs.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
What is the strong negatives on Hillis? He's not gonna cost an arm and a leg, he's reliable, young, and proven hard nosed runner in the past. For the right price I'd jump at adding him to our stable of backs.

He only had one good season with the browns, since then he has been a lame duck. Not just bodily injury, but he sat out for 2 games because he had the damn flu...gimmie a break, he is a lazy player if you sit out for 2 weeks with the flu. Hell, i don't even earn a % of what he makes and I came to work with the flu many times.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about Chris Ivory from the Saints? Very underrated and under the radar, young (he's only 24), and someone we wouldn't have to break the bank on at all.

Bruising, hard-running RB which would complement Harris well. He has a 5.1 YPC average for his career and statistically has broken tackles more frequently since he came into the NFL than anyone not named Adrian Peterson.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you could get Ivory for Hillis money I'd be all over it.

Fair enough on Hillis oshkosh, I'd make it an incentive lined contract for sure...but I still feel he's got something left just wait.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
If you could get Ivory for Hillis money I'd be all over it.

Fair enough on Hillis oshkosh, I'd make it an incentive lined contract for sure...but I still feel he's got something left just wait.

That would be a decent idea......$$$ for production. I'm not a hillis hater, just the guy never really impressed me.

texaspackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He only had one good season with the browns, since then he has been a lame duck. Not just bodily injury, but he sat out for 2 games because he had the damn flu...gimmie a break, he is a lazy player if you sit out for 2 weeks with the flu. Hell, i don't even earn a % of what he makes and I came to work with the flu many times.
Your co-workers must be thrilled to read that hahaha. Ivory does sound like somebody worth considering. I wonder if he's related to Eddie Lee.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing Blount come here and share the backfield with Harris as long as his attitude is in check which I think the guys in the locker room could take care of that. I wouldn't want Hillis. He only had one good year with the Browns and hasn't done much since. I thought it was kind of lame he sat out a few games because he was sick. Sorry if you pay me millions of dollars I'll play with mono.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
We need that pounder who can also be a short yardage "push the pile" guy, and we can likely find him in the draft. Grant used to have that short down guy ability, but isn't that dude anymore, and while Benson can pound, he doesn't push the pile. Kuhn doesn't push anymore either, but he's our best blocker. Green fits our OL best after Starks, but he does best in a complimentary role. Green is also our best blocking back next to Kuhn. I'm looking forward to what he does this coming year considering his knee was still bothering him and players tend to do better the second year after an ACL surgery. Harris does well in our system because IMO he has the best vision of any of our backs and that's the key to our run game, even if his running style isn't a perfect fit for our offense or OL. Harris is certainly the most talented pure runner on the team though. If Starks gets hurt one more time... He can pound, but he can't push. Saine is an edge rusher, he was in college, he is here. He's a better blocker than Starks though. We could probably hand the ball off to DJ Williams. I'd rather not hand the ball to Cobb, but he's a COP back too.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
It's because you don't make near what he makes that yo have to go to work when you're sick

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
It's because you don't make near what he makes that yo have to go to work when you're sick

Ummm.....yeah, that was my main point. If my lowly *** can come to work and stick it out, some tough guy making millions per season should be able to easier than me. I don't have the physical condition he does or the top flight medical staff and trainers either. That to me just says he is a huge P*SSY. Two weeks for the freakin flu? What a pansy. I wouldn't want that flower picker on my team.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Ummm.....yeah, that was my main point. If my lowly *** can come to work and stick it out, some tough guy making millions per season should be able to easier than me. I don't have the physical condition he does or the top flight medical staff and trainers either. That to me just says he is a huge P*SSY. Two weeks for the freakin flu? What a pansy. I wouldn't want that flower picker on my team.
My point was that he can literally afford to miss the check. I can't and I know it.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
In my opinion if we have any 3 backs next year it should be
DuJuan Harris
Alex Green
RB picked in the 2013 draft

M

mayo44

I thought it was obvious I was suggesting that Ray Nitschke made a mistake in attending Illinois... :rolleyes:

So what about Mendenhall? Maybe he made a "mistake" too. Or what about the 8 or 9 Badgers who were born and raised in Illinois? Badgers make a mistake?

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So what about Mendenhall? Maybe he made a "mistake" too. Or what about the 8 or 9 Badgers who were born and raised in Illinois? Badgers make a mistake?

Uh, I made a flip remark about the University of Illinois because I am a Wisconsin fan/alum. Most people would receive this for what it is: a comment reflecting the poster's animosity toward the Illinis and leave it at that. You seem to want to expand this into some sort of debate concerning all things Illinois and it's absolutely socially retarded.

The hatred isn't real. I have several friends from Illinois. You need to get a ****ing life.

Edit: With regards to Mendendall, I have no interest because I don't think he's that talented and his professionalism is suspect. There are several other veteran RBs I would rather see us kick the tires with...

M

mayo44

Uh, I made a flip remark about the University of Illinois because I am a Wisconsin fan/alum. Most people would receive this for what it is: a comment reflecting the poster's animosity toward the Illinis and leave it at that. You seem to want to expand this into some sort of debate concerning all things Illinois and it's absolutely socially retarded.

The hatred isn't real. I have several friends from Illinois. You need to get a ******* life.

Seems to me you have a bit of a "can dish it but not take it" problem. If that's all it takes to get you off kilter... well, maybe you need a ****ing life.

With regards to Mendendall, I have no interest because I don't think he's that talented and his professionalism is suspect. There are several other veteran RBs I would rather see us kick the tires with...

Perhaps it would have been better if you had said that in the first place. Point being, using a player's school as a reason not to consider them is pretty lame. You didn't give any other reason at first. Don't ***** about being called out on that.

texaspackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion if we have any 3 backs next year it should be
DuJuan Harris
Alex Green
RB picked in the 2013 draft

Not Bad. I wouldn't mind seeing one of the names mentioned brought in, but that's not TT's style. I also doubt the Pack will draft a RB - unless maybe it is 6th or 7th round. I wouldn't be surprised to see them keep Ryan Grant - and to have him do a decent job with limited use - with Harris and Green getting the most work.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the RB who intrigues me the most is Ahmad Bradshaw...his only real downside is his on and off injuries the past couple of seasons. If our medical staff doesn't believe he's a huge risk, I'd love to take a look at him. He's a far superior talent than either Hillis or Mendenhall and he clearly has a passion for the game. I don't think you can say the same for Mendenhall and certainly not Hillis.

Bradshaw health has skills but he can;t seem to stay healthy,I am not sure it would be better here, I think we draft a back.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It sounds like the Falcons are going to release Turner. He could be another name to add to the mix. The market for veteran power RB's is pretty heavy. I'd be pretty surprised if we don't pick one up, really.

Members online

Latest posts