1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

TV moonshiners

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by longtimefan, Dec 24, 2012.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,979
    Saw this for 1st time today..

They show guys building stills, running them, producing moonshine and giving the jugs to buyers (no money is seen changing hands)

They show cops trying to catch any guys doing this (not just the ones featured on the show)

How is it the producers can show these illegal things going on and not be charged with anything?

2. NorthWestCheeseHead

NorthWestCheeseHead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +375
    journalistic freedoms probably.

3. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    The same way the discovery channel does documentries on people who grow weed and the agents that try to catch them. Some sort of clause in there. I have live here in NC for almost 18 years now and let me tell ya, there is some DAMN good moonshine down here...lol....wowza, strong stuff. Expensive too. Infact, I have 1/2 a jar in my freezer right now...just waiting for the right celebration...Hmmm....

• Like Like x 1
  4. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: Because trafficking distilled water isn't illegal. Don't believe everything you see on TV.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...nt-show-illegal-moonshining/?intcmp=obnetwork

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,410
    It's fake

6. NorthWestCheeseHead

Ratings:
    +375
    I understand them not knowing about the other half of the show and Discovery Channel misleading them; that part seems plausible. But for them to come out and pointedly state that there is no actual moonshine production being shown reeks of saving face. I say to the Virginia Alcohol Regulators' office that issued that statement: show me the evidence you used to come to that conclusion and we can talk.

On the other hand we've known for a while know that a lot of this "reality" TV is at least scripted if not a full dramatization at times.

7. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652

The guys are overly paranoid about every person who comes near their still, yet they have a camera crew following them around and recording their faces? Same for the revenuers trying to catch them. It's real in the same sense that WWE is "real." Same goes for "Amish Mafia."

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. NorthWestCheeseHead

Ratings:
    +375
    I know. I'm still cautiously skeptical about most corporate news sources, and government agencies.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    Doubt it's fake. When one of the guys pours the shine into a lid and lights it on fire and it burns that nice bright blue for several minutes, that aint fake shine.

10. mayo44

mayo44 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Doesn't mean it was made illegally either. Could be Everclear or anything.

11. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,305
    I read somewhere that the show is taped something like 5 years in advance. Apparently according to law the shiner has to actually be caught with the product, not a video of it, in order to be prosecuted. I'm not sure where I read it though, because it was a while ago.

That show cracks me up. I sit and cackle most of the way through it.