Turn Your Back On Favre

Eclipse612

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some time ago I remember it has been said that Favre was a Jet and so everything about him needed to be discussed away from the Packers section. I understand that him going to the Vikings has raised arguments and it was predictable, but it has degenarated in people just swashbuckling around in every topic. I am no moderator, but maybe it would be wise to move allo those Favre topics in an appropriate section (possibly removing insulting posts). I guess longtimefan is working on something...I'd also like to talk about this next season and the Packers' new team but it's been quite difficult lately.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of the things that always amazes me when I come on this board is to see the idiots who believe that for some reason Ted Thompson turned his back on Brett Favre and did something that was not in the best interest of the Packers. In the first place, I wish Brett would have retired as a Green Bay Packer. He didn't. He chose to back out of his commitment to retire, not once, but three different times. Brett has proven to be a liar, a malcontent, and was attempting to hold the entire Packer franchise hostage to get his way. He used the New York Jets to get to Minnesota so he can get revenge not only on TT but on everyone one of you claim to be Packer fans. Favre has shown his true colors. Let him retire as Viking. I don't ever want to see his name in the same ring with those loyal Packers who made it to the hall of fame. I don't ever want to see his jersey retired as a Packer either. He has proven to be nothing short of a traitor. Honestly, I cannot see how any true Packer fan can still be a Brett Favre fan. I still respect and admire the things he did while he was here, but you cannot turn your back on your family (and that's what this whole Packer fan thing is, is one big family) and then expect to be treated as anything different than you are. Brett Favre is a traitor to the Packer nation and there is no other way to see it.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still respect and admire the things he did while he was here, but you cannot turn your back on your family (and that's what this whole Packer fan thing is, is one big family) and then expect to be treated as anything different than you are. Brett Favre is a traitor to the Packer nation and there is no other way to see it.

Sorry but he is not your family and there is nothing gayer in sports today than this whole "Packer Nation, Raider Nation, Red Sox Nation” thing.

Favre was drafted by the Falcons and could have just as easily spent his entire career in Atlanta. The decision to start his career in Atlanta was out of his control and so was the decision for him to be shipped to Green Bay.
He probably had a lot more in common with the people in Georgia than the people in Wisconsin and if he had been given a chance to play there you would be crying over the retirement of Don Majkowski instead.
He stayed because he was paid lots of money.
Not because he thought that Green Bay was a great place to live or because he thought that the Packers are the greatest team in the world.

It is a business.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
One of the things that always amazes me when I come on this board is to see the idiots who believe that for some reason Ted Thompson turned his back on Brett Favre and did something that was not in the best interest of the Packers. In the first place, I wish Brett would have retired as a Green Bay Packer. He didn't. He chose to back out of his commitment to retire, not once, but three different times. Brett has proven to be a liar, a malcontent, and was attempting to hold the entire Packer franchise hostage to get his way. He used the New York Jets to get to Minnesota so he can get revenge not only on TT but on everyone one of you claim to be Packer fans. Favre has shown his true colors. Let him retire as Viking. I don't ever want to see his name in the same ring with those loyal Packers who made it to the hall of fame. I don't ever want to see his jersey retired as a Packer either. He has proven to be nothing short of a traitor. Honestly, I cannot see how any true Packer fan can still be a Brett Favre fan. I still respect and admire the things he did while he was here, but you cannot turn your back on your family (and that's what this whole Packer fan thing is, is one big family) and then expect to be treated as anything different than you are. Brett Favre is a traitor to the Packer nation and there is no other way to see it.

Try and post that on the OBF site

LOL

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If he does, I'll delete it and ban him LT...
lol:)

Uh huh ;)

typical actions from that site...dont agree with someone, you ridicule them until they lash out then you ban them, no 7 day suspensions, just wham buh bye..

At least here you get warnings and pm's, and if you still are nutts, YOU get banned but only for a short time you get a 2nd chance...

Childish if you ask me, but o well

I like those record predictions for the Packers over there

6-10?

ROFL

Didnt ffan say that Harris and Driver would be gone just because of their support for Brett?? how'd that turn out?? And now they are claiming the Pack wont beat the Bucs?

Save that thread

like to see how they do ;)

nelanator

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not because he thought that Green Bay was a great place to live or because he thought that the Packers are the greatest team in the world.

It is a business.

What's wrong with Green Bay???

It's practically on a lake, the temp. rarely gets under -30, and if you want to take the wife to a romantic dinner there are three Applebees to choose from!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Sorry but he is not your family and there is nothing gayer in sports today than this whole "Packer Nation, Raider Nation, Red Sox Nation” thing.

Favre was drafted by the Falcons and could have just as easily spent his entire career in Atlanta. The decision to start his career in Atlanta was out of his control and so was the decision for him to be shipped to Green Bay.
He probably had a lot more in common with the people in Georgia than the people in Wisconsin and if he had been given a chance to play there you would be crying over the retirement of Don Majkowski instead.

It is a business.

One reason why Lambeau is sold out every game because people do feel closer to the team than in most cities with professional sports teams. What is "Gay" about that!? Nothing. I'm sure the players appreciate a fan base that truly gives a damn and doesn't sit home and abandon them to an empty stadium the first sign of trouble. So what if it's "pay for play" deep down. That is part of it, but not the whole truth. Reggie could have stayed in Philly if all he cared about was money. It's well known he came to GB to win a Championship. Reaching his goal overshadowed money. Just because I get paid to do a job, that doesn't mean that is the ONLY reason I go to work. I think that is a cynical way to look at professional athletes as ONLY looking for a paycheck. If you read the interviews of retired players from different sports. Many of them say, "I just wish I could still play the game." If it was all about money most players would be gone after their first injury. The money doesn't hurt as a great incentive to play for X team.

Favre had enough good vibes to sign a long term contract to play in GB. If he didn't feel comfortable or have anything in common with the people of Wisconsin, he would have been long gone before the 08 season. He probably felt a hell of a lot more comfortable with the people of GB than NY.

OHIOFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Turnyourback, I'm with ya on this. Favre deserves to be shown that he is human, not a "GOD" like he thinks. The guy definately needs to be humbled, I think the Packers will take care of that both games this year. O'h yah, how about Rodgers in the Pro Bowl this year since he got jipped last year. Favre did not deserve to be in the Pro Bowl last year, it was handed to him like he expected his job to be handed to him when he decided he wanted to come back to Green Bay. This guy is a joke and is more of a cancer to his team than T.O., but nothing gets said of it. I guess b/c T.O. is himself and does not try to put on a fake act that he is humble. Favre will have another AVERAGE year and then the Vikings will be searching for another QB. Favre will help them sell tickets, but not much else. :star-wars:

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Turnyourback, I'm with ya on this. Favre deserves to be shown that he is human, not a "GOD" like he thinks. The guy definately needs to be humbled, I think the Packers will take care of that both games this year. O'h yah, how about Rodgers in the Pro Bowl this year since he got jipped last year. Favre did not deserve to be in the Pro Bowl last year, it was handed to him like he expected his job to be handed to him when he decided he wanted to come back to Green Bay. This guy is a joke and is more of a cancer to his team than T.O., but nothing gets said of it. I guess b/c T.O. is himself and does not try to put on a fake act that he is humble. Favre will have another AVERAGE year and then the Vikings will be searching for another QB. Favre will help them sell tickets, but not much else. :star-wars:

A 6-10 QB in the Pro-Bowl, I don't think so, Homers...

Why not put Jeff George in the pro-bowl every year when he played then, he had good "stats"...

"Statistics don't mean ****....winning does."
V. Lombardi

America

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Statistics don't mean ****....winning does."
V. Lombardi

First, I'm not sure Lombardi ever said that. I've read a lot of books about Lombardi and I've never seen that one and the language seems a little out of character.

Second, I think that's a very interesting statement for a guy like Levens to make considering he adores a QB who is a statistical giant but has a pretty puny playoff record. I'd be interested to know how he reconciles that.

pbateman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First, I'm not sure Lombardi ever said that. I've read a lot of books about Lombardi and I've never seen that one and the language seems a little out of character.

Second, I think that's a very interesting statement for a guy like Levens to make considering he adores a QB who is a statistical giant but has a pretty puny playoff record. I'd be interested to know how he reconciles that.

You can say that he has a puny playoff record, but he's a Super Bowl winning QB, which is more than Dan Marino and other legends can say AND absolutely more than Aaron Rodgers will EVER be able to say because he's NEVER winning a Super Bowl.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You can say that he has a puny playoff record, but he's a Super Bowl winning QB, which is more than Dan Marino and other legends can say AND absolutely more than Aaron Rodgers will EVER be able to say because he's NEVER winning a Super Bowl.

in your opinion.

Care to make a bet?

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uh huh ;)

typical actions from that site...dont agree with someone, you ridicule them until they lash out then you ban them, no 7 day suspensions, just wham buh bye..

At least here you get warnings and pm's, and if you still are nutts, YOU get banned but only for a short time you get a 2nd chance...

That's funny.
That is not how it happened to me.
Not one single P.M. from an administrator or Mod.
No warning from anyone either.

Just a ***** of a person (zero2cool) insulting me until I had to get just as personal as he was and then I was banned in the blink of an eye while everyone patted him on the back while trying to console this jag off.

I only came back here after the site was redone and I was sent an email inviting me to change my password much to my surprise.
Probably by mistake.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
That's funny.
That is not how it happened to me.
Not one single P.M. from an administrator or Mod.
No warning from anyone either.

Just a ***** of a person (zero2cool) insulting me until I had to get just as personal as he was and then I was banned in the blink of an eye while everyone patted him on the back while trying to console this jag off.

I only came back here after the site was redone and I was sent an email inviting me to change my password much to my surprise.
Probably by mistake.

that was under OLD ownership lol

This is the 2nd owner since back then

Things now are different

pbateman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have to hold on to them :)

Can't dump them even if they go 0-16

Seriously my friend, if I have to see TT's smug face much longer I'd just assume burn the certificates. He has made it very difficult for me to remain a fan after almost 25 years.

America

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel sorry for you, Master Bateman. I mean, if the Packers actually win a Super Bowl this year you'll probably be looking for a bridge to jump off of.

pbateman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel sorry for you, Master Bateman. I mean, if the Packers actually win a Super Bowl this year you'll probably be looking for a bridge to jump off of.

Last thing I need is for someone like you to feel sorry for me...and I feel pretty certain that winning a Super Bowl isn't happening this year.

America

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last thing I need is for someone like you to feel sorry for me...and I feel pretty certain that winning a Super Bowl isn't happening this year.

With all respect.....you don't know anything about me except that I'm not as big of a fan of Favre as you are. And you may be right....only 3% of the teams win a Super Bowl in any given year so you've got a 97"% chance of being right about that.

I can't predict the future like some people here, so I don't know if we'll miss the playoffs, make the playoffs, advance in the playoffs or win it all. But what I do know is that this is a very strong team that we have for 2009 and I DO feel sorry for any Packer fan who can't see that because of either ignorance or an unreasoning hatred of the man who has assembled the team.

Members online

Latest posts