Turn Your Back On Favre

turnyourback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not trying to sell anyone anything but I am looking for some additional support. As a 4th generation Packer fan I have never felt as betrayed by a player as I have by Mr. #4.

So here is what I am asking. On November 1st when Favre returns to Lambeau and takes the field it would be a HUGE statement if everyone turned their back on him the same way he did to us. We should do this in living rooms and sports bars around the country as well.

I have set up myspace.com/turnyourbackonfavre and facebook.com/turnyourbackonfavre in effort to try and spread the word. In only two days the response I have received from people is amazing.

This guy could have played for just about any other team and I wouldn't have cared. This I care about. He's almost 40, he surely doesn't need the money and he could have stayed with the Jets if he really wanted to play.

To make matters worse, at his press conference, he said "true Packer fans will understand what I did". Are you kidding me? To him, football is business. To me, football is a passion and the Packers are my passion.

Anything you could do to help spread the word would be greatly appreciated. If you have any other ideas I'd love to hear them.

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How do you think Favre felt when the swine TT turned his back on Favre after a 14-3 season and 16 years, and all you fools condoned it?:jester:

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How do you think Favre felt when the swine TT turned his back on Favre after a 14-3 season and 16 years, and all you fools condoned it?:jester:
I'll bet you still think Iraq had weapons of mass destruction and did 9/11, too. Whatever one's opinion of the Favre situation is, let's get the myth straight. Favre retired on the Packers rather than give them a straight up commitment on his future with them. Not until just before the start of training camp, four months later, did Brett make any attempt to rejoin the club. When tentative contacts about him changing his decision and unretiring were made or attempted Favre declined every one of them. He was having contacts with the Vikings way last year and apparently naively thought he could just jump on board with them. He found out wrong and ended up being traded to the Jets. As soon as he retired from the Jets the Queenies were sniffing around his door again. Yeah, BF is miffed about finding out from Thompson & McCarthy that it's the Green Bay not Brett Favre Packers. It's about him wanting revenge or at least vindication of his ego. If the way Favre exited Green Bay is the fault of TT, MM or Packer fandom then Don Driver, not Favre, was at fault for that pick in the NFC title game that killed the Packers chances at going to the Super Bowl.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How do you think A-Rod would have felt if after TT, MM, and even Favre himself told him the torch had been pissed to him, then to just snatch it back right before training camp. Favre is not a man of his word, and that's no one's fault but his own. Now he has a personal vendetta against MM and TT and wants to stick it to the Packers, which also means he has a vendetta against us fans. Favre betrayed us by joining the ViQueens, and any Packers fan who doesn't see that is blinded by their man crush on Favre.

OP
OP
T

turnyourback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not necessarily a fan of TT, then again I'm not against what he does either. As a business owner myself if a long time employee left my company I would promote someone to take their place. And I certainly wouldn't demote the person I just promoted if the long time employee wanted to come back. If the Chief of Police in your city retired do you think he could just waltz back into the station 4 months later and get his position back? You can't be that much of a pinhead.

The issue with you Favre Addicts is you think he supersedes the game and/or the Packers as a whole. He does not. No one does. Very few players ever play with a team for even 10 years not to mention 15 or 16 years. He did. I've been in his corner since 1992 and didn't even care that he wanted to play for the Jets. He was given the choice to play again or retire. He wasn't cut or dropped to 2nd string or even traded until HE made the choice to retire. Aaron Rodgers was promoted and then Favre decided he wanted to come back and when he was denied he got his Southern Feelings/Morals hurt and has been on a middle aged mission/vendetta ever since. Well, he got what he wanted. He got his trade. He failed. He retired again and now un-retired for the 344th time to play for a bitter rival. That's disgusting. Don't waste your time trying to sell me on anyone else on the concept that this is the fault of the Packers or management. Go find a Viqueens forum and defend him there because unlike you I am a fan of the Packers and what he did was low. He's a grown man and it was his decision so the onus of the decision rests on him.

All I want is 5 seconds of retribution. For people to take 5 seconds and turn their back on him the same way he did to us.

pbateman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not trying to sell anyone anything but I am looking for some additional support. As a 4th generation Packer fan I have never felt as betrayed by a player as I have by Mr. #4.

So here is what I am asking. On November 1st when Favre returns to Lambeau and takes the field it would be a HUGE statement if everyone turned their back on him the same way he did to us. We should do this in living rooms and sports bars around the country as well.

I have set up myspace.com/turnyourbackonfavre and facebook.com/turnyourbackonfavre in effort to try and spread the word. In only two days the response I have received from people is amazing.

This guy could have played for just about any other team and I wouldn't have cared. This I care about. He's almost 40, he surely doesn't need the money and he could have stayed with the Jets if he really wanted to play.

To make matters worse, at his press conference, he said "true Packer fans will understand what I did". Are you kidding me? To him, football is business. To me, football is a passion and the Packers are my passion.

Anything you could do to help spread the word would be greatly appreciated. If you have any other ideas I'd love to hear them.

Here's an amazing response...GET A LIFE.

pbateman

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You're wasting your time D Levens. This board is full of TT and MM apologists who conveniently forget that without Reggie White and Brett Favre, the Packers would still be the franchise where people went to disappear in exile. Prior to those two players restoring pride to the franchise, Green Bay was a joke who couldn't attract any quality free agents, let alone put together winning seasons.

Somehow they are all offended because the guy still thinks he can play and doesn't want a couple of no-talents like TT and MM dictating his career path. I only hope some day these very same people are faced with the prospect of having someone force them out of a job they love after many years of loyal service.

OP
OP
T

turnyourback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're wasting your time D Levens. This board is full of TT and MM apologists who conveniently forget that without Reggie White and Brett Favre, the Packers would still be the franchise where people went to disappear in exile. Prior to those two players restoring pride to the franchise, Green Bay was a joke who couldn't attract any quality free agents, let alone put together winning seasons.

Somehow they are all offended because the guy still thinks he can play and doesn't want a couple of no-talents like TT and MM dictating his career path. I only hope some day these very same people are faced with the prospect of having someone force them out of a job they love after many years of loyal service.

Hey genius, when you retire it means you were not forced out.

OP
OP
T

turnyourback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's an amazing response...GET A LIFE.

Get a life? That's what you bring to the table? That's the best you can do? Let me direct you to Google. Run your weak statements through that search engine first...maybe they can improve on your responses.

I'm more impressed with a dog chasing his tale then I am with an adult who has difficulty forming complete sentences.

pbateman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Get a life? That's what you bring to the table? That's the best you can do? Let me direct you to Google. Run your weak statements through that search engine first...maybe they can improve on your responses.

I'm more impressed with a dog chasing his tale then I am with an adult who has difficulty forming complete sentences.

Look, you're probably some insignificant little cog in the world who gets no respect at home and no respect at work and you're brilliant idea is to organize a lame "statement" in order to feel better about your sad, pathetic life. You're really not even worth the time it takes me to respond.

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's not the Ted Thompson Packer's either...although many of you here act like it is...

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's not the Ted Thompson Packer's either...although many of you here act like it is...

In case you weren't aware, until Mark Murphy says otherwise, it IS Ted's team, and he's doing a DAMN FINE job in building it!

In case you've forgotten, Favre has lost his ability to finish a season strong. Look at the last several years for reference, ESPECIALLY last year, and don't give me this triceps nonsense.

Favre has led this team to a 3-6 playoff record since 1998. He's also the only Packer QB to lose a home playoff game and he did it TWICE.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let it go already.
He does not give a damn about you so why should you get all pissy about some washed up football player playing for another team?

Is this the only identity that the state of Wisconsin has?
This stupid obsession over a guy who mumbles when he talks and refuses to throw away that nasty urine soaked baseball cap?

Sad.

pbateman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In case you weren't aware, until Mark Murphy says otherwise, it IS Ted's team, and he's doing a DAMN FINE job in building it!

In case you've forgotten, Favre has lost his ability to finish a season strong. Look at the last several years for reference, ESPECIALLY last year, and don't give me this triceps nonsense.

Favre has led this team to a 3-6 playoff record since 1998. He's also the only Packer QB to lose a home playoff game and he did it TWICE.

Please explain to me how he's doing a "damn fine" job with this team? Harrell is a total bust and he only drafted Rodgers after most teams passed on him in the first round, so he fell in TT's lap. AJ Hawk's not looking so great either as reports have it that he's being outplayed in training camp. Oh, and please don't forget last season's debacle of an effort. TT is great! Put him in the Hall of Fame now!

America

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have a very deep and talented roster this year; that much is apparent to anybody who is paying attention. We're going to have to cut some very good football players in a few weeks that will be immediately grabbed up by other teams. Somebody should be given credit for building such a strong team....it didn't happen by accident and it happened despite some bad luck.

Personally, I think Favre is doing a favor for the Packers now by torpedoing Minnesota's season.

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hey man thats cool the way you feel about Brett ... i went to the game tonight ,, i just got in ... i have to tell you all ... the majority of jerseys worn at tonights game were number 4 jerseys ... there were packers number 4 jerseys ,, jets number 4 ,, and yea even queens number 4 jerseys ... altho i olny saw 2 or 3 queens jerseys out there they were there .... i also should say we sat in the box seats tonight outta every 5 random jerseys in our section 3 were number 4 jerseys ... so dont for one seconed think the packer faithfull hate Brett or forgot the many years of his service ... IMO the jerseys are a statment to TT and MM ... also the fact that most club seats are season ticket holders and they still sport the number 4 jersey ,, i dont even think i have to spell it out for you ... read between the lines .. if you hate number 4 thats fine man ... but remember number 4 is a huge reason why the packers were such a force in the nfc and nfl ...

Eclipse612

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this is getting a little out of hand. I'm not a "senior poster" but it looks like every topic in this forum is about Favre and every topic turns into personal insults. I'm putting the Admin-signal on this night. :)

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you know another thread about Brett Favre... Sadly we have 2 years to deal with this crap. Uhhggg...

pbateman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hey man thats cool the way you feel about Brett ... i went to the game tonight ,, i just got in ... i have to tell you all ... the majority of jerseys worn at tonights game were number 4 jerseys ... there were packers number 4 jerseys ,, jets number 4 ,, and yea even queens number 4 jerseys ... altho i olny saw 2 or 3 queens jerseys out there they were there .... i also should say we sat in the box seats tonight outta every 5 random jerseys in our section 3 were number 4 jerseys ... so dont for one seconed think the packer faithfull hate Brett or forgot the many years of his service ... IMO the jerseys are a statment to TT and MM ... also the fact that most club seats are season ticket holders and they still sport the number 4 jersey ,, i dont even think i have to spell it out for you ... read between the lines .. if you hate number 4 thats fine man ... but remember number 4 is a huge reason why the packers were such a force in the nfc and nfl ...

Couldn't have said it better myself...thank you!

pbateman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this is getting a little out of hand. I'm not a "senior poster" but it looks like every topic in this forum is about Favre and every topic turns into personal insults. I'm putting the Admin-signal on this night. :)

I have a suggestion for you...don't read the thread if you don't like the topic. Kind of what I do when I change the channel every time I see fat-head MM conduct a press conference.

GrandMstrBud

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm with you, it was that ******** TT that turned his back on him. He should have let Brett back with an open competion but he wanted to prove they would win without him and boy they did a good job so far. Bretts out to prove a point this year since the Packers would not allow him to be traded within the division. I have nothing against the Packer team and will always be a Packer fan but I will always be a Brett Favre fan too and I will never forget what he did for this team. I think Rogers will develop into a great QB and they will have success again.

OP
OP
T

turnyourback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do me a favor and "Turn Your Back" the next time a bus is coming, maybe it will run you over.

I have a job and own a car so a bus isn't in my near future. But if I drive past you in your purple jersey I'll make sure to swerve in your direction. Thanks genius.

pbateman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a job and own a car so a bus isn't in my near future. But if I drive past you in your purple jersey I'll make sure to swerve in your direction. Thanks genius.

What's it like working at Burger King? Have you graduated to fry boy yet?

Eclipse612

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a suggestion for you...don't read the thread if you don't like the topic. Kind of what I do when I change the channel every time I see fat-head MM conduct a press conference.

Free to do as you wish as long as you're in the board rules. But I don't think the personal attacks you're spreading all over the forum (not only you, I have to say) make it a good read. It usually makes users steer away from the site, and that's not good. (my humble opinion)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts