TT's thoughts on the TE position

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was watching the MM show and TT was a guest on the show and was asked if he was gonna address the TE position in the offseason. Teddy said that he thought we had some good TE's and that he was not too concerned with the TE position. So I guess we can not look forward to Tony G in green and gold. :tantrum:

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bubba will be gone, probably, Donals Lee will get more time and a young, talented and hungry Zac Alcorn may suprise a few. If I had to choose between a top shelf WR or TE to spend FA money on, I go WR.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
That is interesting...But who is to say he is just being tight lip teddy??

I wouldnt worry to much about it until f/a hits and Tony isnt brought in..

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is interesting...But who is to say he is just being tight lip teddy??

I wouldnt worry to much about it until f/a hits and Tony isnt brought in..

That was my thoughts...I highly doubt that TT is going to come on TV and rip into Bubba or any of the other losers that we have. I wouldnt argue with him if he did do it (because it needs to be done) But I wouldnt expect him to do it.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think KC is going to make every effort to keep Gonzo and the price would be extremely high to outbid them for him.

The guys a great player but if the price is too steep we could end up back in a position where other guys contracts will come up and we won't be able to keep them.

It's not like we are going to be in the same cap position every year.

I do disagree with TT about the overall talent at the position. I see it similar to last years LB's. They were decent but not at a level that helps you get to the playoffs.

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah tony is too high. We should spend more money on our Defense. Not linbackers or D-line. But DB's.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted Thompson is one of those types of GM's that...

(every poster who read that first line blurted out "Cheap")

...he is one of those gm's who says one thing and then does another. Don't take any meaning from anything he says (or doesnt say)...I've followed the same type of GM, Bob Clarke of the Flyers, and so many times the "Flyers have been done making moves/not signing any free agents" and boom, they do...

...I recall last year the Packers were "done" according to Ted before the Charles Woodson pursuit began

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts