TT's take on Moss

GBstock

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure if anybody brought this up, but watching Al Davis's presser when he fired Kiffin, there was a point brought up about our GM. Al said when he tried to trade Randy Moss to the Packers, GM Ted Thompson said "Moss has lost his speed". The following week the Pats timed him at a 4.29.

I know this happened over a year ago but it's the first time Al Davis has spoken about it. Any thoughts? Why not time him?

Couldn't decide if this was the right forum category to post this, but since it involves our GM I thought I would post it here. Sorry if it's in the wrong place....

Packerbacker87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT's reluctance to nab Moss has always baffled me (and frustrated Favre). I think the main reason for his reluctance, and one that I can agree with, is because the deal for Moss involved trading Rodgers out of Green Bay. Luckily, Greg Jennings has evolved into a receiver on par with Moss's caliber...which is a good thing considering Driver will not be around all much longer.

RobJohnson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT was obviously wrong about Moss, which is strange, because all of the scouting reports on Moss said that he had been training hard and gained his speed back after Oakland. Strange that TT, the master guru of NFL information wouldn't know that.

I think that's an excuse because Favre wanted him, and TT didn't really want to give Favre another reason to stick around.

Jive's with the TT ego theory that has been postulated before.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why take Al Davis' word for it? He was out to cover his *** and according to him the world is a conspiracy against Al Davis. When former shrewdness & genius descends into paranoia & dementia anything can come out of his mouth.
Davis could have traded Moss to Green Bay if he wanted to. The Packers were genuinely interested but Moss wouldn't take a salary cut to come to Green Bay but did to go to New England. At the time, the Patriots looked like the far better bet for Randy to get to a Super Bowl, too.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packerlifer said:
Davis could have traded Moss to Green Bay if he wanted to. The Packers were genuinely interested...

Money talks & you know the rest.

b_mckendry

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Al Davis has a couple of screw's loose. In his press conference he said so many things that were inaccurate. I don't believe TT would say something like that.