TT

cheesyscot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I waited for all of this year to sink in before I made this post. Ted Thompson should take a look in the mirror and ask himself if he did anything to help the packers get batter this year? Lets go over as much as I can remember. Lets get it going by not letting one but two Pro-bowl guards go, and then lets not do anything to replace them. The two guys brought in have done nothing in green bay and did nothing outside of green bay. We then do nothing to bolster our wide outs and nothing to bolster the dline. Now I know that TT got rid of Hunt and Thomas good moves on both I think but what has he done? He set Sherman up to fail and I know some will say sherman did that to himself, but he was already punished for that when he was fired from his gm job. Sherman folks had the same record as the great belichek. I know I spelled it wrong. Think back and a 4th and 26 and 4th down run that didn't make it! 4th and goal at the Eagles 1 yard line now again I know how those plays played out and so does everyone here but I think in the end we had a good coach who had a few bad breaks. Now I know he did it to himself as the gm but as coach I think he did alot right. Now who is gonna be better for the packers than coach sherman? Please let me know i'd love to hear it as I don't want to wait 5-10-15 or 20 years for the pack to be back. That's just my point and I'd love to hear what everyone thinks.

Thanks

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sherman the GM got Sherman the HC fired.
He made too many mistakes as GM with bad draft choices, bad free agent signings and putting the Pack in salary cap hell. It all came back on him in the end.
With the salary cap hell that Sherman the GM created, TT had no room to operate even if he was inclined to improve this team.
TT may be too tight to try to make a quick turn around that we all want. If that is the caseover the next two years he must leave as well.
Us Packer fans have been accustomed to winning over the last 13 years and we are not willing to wait another 6 years for more success.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Who's gonna be better to coach the Packers than Sherman? If I knew do you think I'd be posting here in my middle class two bedroom apartment? haha NO! :) I will speculate that Jim Bates would be far better a coach for the Packers than Sherman.

OP
OP
C

cheesyscot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know I was on my soap box. But the Pack I think has over 17 million to spend next season and if Brett wants to win he should say give up half his money and say bring in a stud back. Give me two guards and lets win the whole darn thing one more time.. I know wake up it won't happen but I can dream!!!!!! I don't think they are to far away with some luck next year......

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good Post,

TT could have done more and did not and now after leaving Brett and Sherman blowing in the wind he could not even give specific details on which we he wants to take this team or what type of coach he is looking for.

If I am wrong I am wrong but it seems that TT is looking out for himself 3-4 years down the road, nobody else and nothing sooner.

But hey, he got a "fall guy" by extending Shermans contract.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
TT: Brett, what would it take to get two more years out of you?

Brett: Committment to winning, now not in five years.

TT: Of course. We have players coming back from injuries, we had a solid draft last year and will have another this year, I believe we are a few players in the right positions away from being a threat in the playoffs.

Brett: I don't need money, I need the game. Let's restructure my contract to help get some key players.

I forgot where I was going with this but I'll snap out of the dream now :(

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gado and Donald Lee were no cost pick ups. Little was a veteran minimum guys who played well.

He signed Klemm and Martin and had a long tag situation with Bubba before signing him.

Wahle, Sharper, Hunt, Luchey were cut.

He traded Moreley for something and Chris Johnson(a guy Sherman moved up to get in the draft) for Thomas.

Two draft picks started. One did not make it. 3 draft picks are on IR, one(Poppinga) may play for the Packers.

He evaluated the coach enough in the off season to extend his contract 2 years. He evaluated the coach during the season and concluded should be fired immediately.

Last off season little money to work with. This off season much more to work with. The jury is still out but it is agitated.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
School is still out on TT, but he did the right thing in firing Sherman. Someone else said it, Sherman the GM got Sherman the coach fired. He put this team in such a screwed up position that it may take years to straighten out the mess that was created by Sherman. Remember last years team started so slow as did this years team. By the end of last season they were spent and lost in the first round of the playoffs, this years 4 and 12 record is just an indication of the direction the team is going.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesyscot said:
Lets get it going by not letting one but two Pro-bowl guards go, and then lets not do anything to replace them. The two guys brought in have done nothing in green bay and did nothing outside of green bay.

We then do nothing to bolster our wide outs and nothing to bolster the dline. Now I know that TT got rid of Hunt and Thomas good moves on both I think but what has he done?

Think back and a 4th and 26 and 4th down run that didn't make it! 4th and goal at the Eagles 1 yard line now again I know how those plays played out and so does everyone here but I think in the end we had a good coach who had a few bad breaks.
Thanks

Mike Wahle and Marco Rivera wanted A LOT of money, both guys are now 30, I believe Rivera is 33...Adrian Klemm and Matt O'Dwyer were signed...they didn't pan out, but Thompson tried to plug the position with solid NFL'ers at a price, failed, alright move on...Will Whitticker was a great value pick in the 7th round, has started, has shown improvement, and I think he will be in the mix. Junius Coston was an interior offensive lineman who could get a shot at the Wells/Flanagan roles. Instead of Wahle and/or Rivera, we have salary cap room, which we can use to sign some other guys this offseason

Wide recievers, how can you say we didnt address that position; in the second round this past season with a lot of defensive needs, Thompson selected Terrence Murphy, who proved to be a pretty good pickup until his injury...going into the season...Walker, Driver, Ferguson, Murphy...thats not bad, but then all hell breaks loose...what did Thompson do, kept signing people to try and fill the holes before striking gold with Rod Gardner, who I hope sticks around for next year.

Other bits of goodness under the Thompson administration
-In April I thought he blew a 2nd round draft pick on some safety from some school i never heard of...but Nick Collins has done nothing but impress, I believe he will be a top NFL safety in a year or two
-Traded Chris Johnson for something useful...Robert Thomas, an alright starter, unfortunately hurt this season, as compared to Chris Johnson who just ran a fast 40 time many years ago and only managed to blow out knees during his career
-Samkon Gado, period.
-Hired Jim Bates and LISTENED TO HIM saying that he was good with the personell that he already had...guys like Colin Cole, Cullen Jenkins, etc. etc. stepped in to play a very solid role in a defense that surprised a lot of people
-Thompson worked very well in April with the draft position we had...Rodgers at QB for when Favre decides to give it up...Murphy was a good pick, Collins was a great steal...Brady Poppinga contributed before unfortunate injury, Mike Montgomery is I think good enough to be a run-situation defensive end, Marviel Underwood contributed, Roy Manning--a rookie free agent, contributed, Micheal Hawkins was a late pick and contributed, Will Whitticker started a few games...not a bad job

Members online

Latest posts