1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

TT tells Favre(again, in person this time) that he is wanted

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by tromadz, Jan 30, 2006.

1. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    from packersnews.com

Thompson’s visit may have allayed those concerns.

“He knows he’s wanted,â€

2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Re: TT tells Favre(again, in person this time) that he is wa

No!! He didn't bring on two Pro Bowl Guards, two Pro Bowl defensive players therefore he does not want Brett back!!

Stay on the boat trom, don't jump!!!

heh

I think people were just really nervous that TT wanted Brett out and thats where the worries came from. I believe deep down, no one thought TT or the Packers wanted Brett to retire.

3. Aceschnd

Aceschnd Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Hey Favre announce your comeback, so I can download the press conference and listen to it over and over again on the pod.

4. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Meanwhile,

Network executives from E.S.P.N. are planning a trip down to visit with Brett as well, as they have to put the first E.S.P.N. Monday Night Schedule together, and Brett is an attractive promotion regardless of the Packers record last year.

N.B.C. Executives who are taking over the Sunday Night Games will be flying in the day after E.S.P.N; in hope of talking Brett into not hanging it up, as he will be a Sunday Night draw for one or two games in 2006. (See Brett sells above.)

Then of course there is Paul Tagliabue; He should be heading down South to meet with Brett because his N.F.L. Network will have eight prime time games next year. (See above Brett has entertainment value and it sells.).

**** Side note in the middle of a post: NFL games after the current T.V. contracts run out with the networks, will be shown exclusive on their own network. The N.F.L. Network. ****

I guess what I am typing here is this: There are a great deal more people hanging on and hoping that Brett does not hang it up than just Packer Fans.

What a better story than Brett coming back and leading a team that was somewhat solid the year before, killed by a year of injuries, with a new coach, and new vision, taking it to a John Elway like finish.

I am sure that E.S.P.N., N.B.C., and the NFL Network want to know if the “Gun Slinger is coming back before they plan the schedule.

R.P.

5. Aceschnd

Aceschnd Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

So are there going to be games played live on the NFL network, or are they just replaying the games later in the week. Cause the way the article is written it seems that there will be NFL games on in primetime during the week.

6. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    TT-romadz...

You know that post about what TT said about Vince Young?

It's called PR son...it's called PR....

7. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    tromadz.....Is that a self portrait you are using as your avatar?

8. calicheesehead

calicheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ace- I heard that they will only be airing the Thurs Night and Saturday games.

9. DakotaT

DakotaT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Raider Pride, you are very wise!

10. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    LenDale White, Vince Young..... blah, blah, blah......create confusion among other teams to leverage our #5 pick to max. benefit in the event TT wants to trade down. I have a feeling TT will walk away with the moon and the stars if someone like Miami wants to move up to take one of the available QBs.

An unpredictable adversary is the most dangerous adversary!!

11. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not so sure how valuable the Packers will be, with or without Favre, to the T.V. networks this year. After last year's 4-12 finish, including that final humiliation at Baltimore, I'm not expecting three Monday night games again. Maybe one or two, and a Sunday night game as well.

12. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    The Packers will be very valuable to the TV networks as long as #4 comes back to play...in fact, they may generate interest for the year after he leaves so people can see what's going on post-Favre with the true "America's Team".

13. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    then why didnt you post that in the vince young thread. common sense isnt so common.

14. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    You guys should just set a time and location...put on the boxing gloves and get it over with! :twisted:

15. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

and get married already

16. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    i just wish he wouldnt reply to every post i make. He doesnt even say anything relevant to the topic anymore.