TT should have leveled with Favre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think what makes this year extra difficult to bear is that Brett Favre is going to have to struggle and finish out his career on on a team that is obviously rebuilding, and obviously BAD. He will be hit and sacked numerous times. He will, at times, have a suspect running game, and his receivers will be sub-par all year.

I would have had more respect for TT, and more patience with the Packers, if he would have said to Brett, "Look, we are rebuilding this year. We are not going to be a good football team, and we are not going to be competing for anything. I want to start Aaron Rodgers to get a look at the young man, and you are free to pursue a trade to another team to try to finish out your career on top."

This way, fans could honestly root for and assess the Packers for what they are, a young, bad team that is rebuilding, and root for Favre with whatever team he landed with, because let's face it, the Packer's wouldn't be competing for any championships any time soon against him.

This did not happen though, and many here think that TT could have built a better team around Favre and gave him some weapons to make the Packers competitive, but chose not to.

It's going to be a long, long year Packers fans. Get used to it.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As has been noted by all parties involved, there was ongoing dialogue between Brett, TT and MM throughout the entire offseason. Brett is a big boy and came back with the full knowledge of the team he would be heading.

You assume that TT would like to start Rodgers.....but all comments...even from Brett himself....... indicate that Favre was wanted, and he obviously wants to be here.

There are certainly issues which some have with TT....and legitimately so given a certain perspective on how to build a team........there is no need to invent them.

Brett is 36, not 16...I figure he can make his own mind up without fans making a conspiracy of his decision.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
majikman said:
I think what makes this year extra difficult to bear is that Brett Favre is going to have to struggle and finish out his career on on a team that is obviously rebuilding, and obviously BAD. He will be hit and sacked numerous times. He will, at times, have a suspect running game, and his receivers will be sub-par all year.

I would have had more respect for TT, and more patience with the Packers, if he would have said to Brett, "Look, we are rebuilding this year. We are not going to be a good football team, and we are not going to be competing for anything. I want to start Aaron Rodgers to get a look at the young man, and you are free to pursue a trade to another team to try to finish out your career on top."

This way, fans could honestly root for and assess the Packers for what they are, a young, bad team that is rebuilding, and root for Favre with whatever team he landed with, because let's face it, the Packer's wouldn't be competing for any championships any time soon against him.

This did not happen though, and many here think that TT could have built a better team around Favre and gave him some weapons to make the Packers competitive, but chose not to.

What would YOU suggest? Bringing back Majkowski?

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can see the future huh... all i know is so far our run game is decent

How do you know he didnt tell brett all that. i dont think you were in the room with them in their talks. How do you know this is bretts last year... you dont know... your just hating TT to hate TT

why cant you still root for and assess the Packers for what they are. a young, unexperienced, talented team that is rebuilding and still has the greatest QB behind center. why the hell can you root for A-rod and a sub par team. but not brett and a subpar team.

:roll: :roll:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Stop undermining Brett's intelligence! You should be ashamed!!

How dare you think Brett didn't know what he was getting himself into here. He spent how many months debating playing this year for the Packers? You mean to tell me in that time he didn't have any notion that the team could potentially suck again?

Wait, he SAID it could happen again. Referring to another 4 - 12 season.

He KNEW what this season could bring.

OP
OP
M

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
As has been noted by all parties involved, there was ongoing dialogue between Brett, TT and MM throughout the entire offseason. Brett is a big boy and came back with the full knowledge of the team he would be heading.

You assume that TT would like to start Rodgers.....but all comments...even from Brett himself....... indicate that Favre was wanted, and he obviously wants to be here.

There are certainly issues which some have with TT....and legitimately so given a certain perspective on how to build a team........there is no need to invent them.

Brett is 36, not 16...I figure he can make his own mind up without fans making a conspiracy of his decision.

Digs..is your defense of TT so craven that you can't even understand a miscommunication that can happen between adults? You don't think these things happen in real life, say at your workplace, perhaps? Or does TT do no wrong in your eyes, and have no responsibility whatsoever for his GM moves, actions, and statements? Isn't TT a big boy as well? You don't have to defend him as if he's a helpless child.

Isn't it just possible that Favre thought TT was going to TRY and field a competitive team this year? Remember all the posturing that went on on BOTH sides this year? Remember Favre said that he's love to play with TO? No, I do not think Favre knew what he was getting into, not totally because TT was disingenuous in his statements to the press, "We will not be rebuilding", was one of the statements I remember hearing. I think that these two were talking past each other.

Now to be fair to TT, he was in a tough spot being a new GM and trying to replace an icon in Green Bay, and trying to rebuild a football team in his image. But like a standoff between a union representative and management, each have their side, but each doesn't fully understand the other because they other coming from two completely different points of view.

You can't have it both ways. You can't say you have to be patient with MM and TT because they are new and trying to build a team, and be critical of Brett Favre because he wasn't superman pulling a win out of his *** with a Packer team that's kryptonite to him right now.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speculation of your part, majik. All I know are the words that have been repeated by Brett, TT and MM. I will trust their actual words before your conspiracy theories.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is not the Green Bay Favre's. Brett is a player on the team. TT and MM tell him what he needs to know. Brett is a big boy, I'm sure if he was concerned about where the Pack stood for the season he asked questions during the off season talks with TT/MM.

Let's not forget, he has done a lot for the Packers, but he is still a player paid to play the game and take hits.

I am nearing my fill of the boo hoo Favre, "TT/MM are ******** him" threads and they will begin to be locked by myself and the other mods.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
I am nearing my fill of the boo hoo Favre, "TT/MM are ******** him" threads and they will begin to be locked by myself and the other mods.

Awwww comon Ryan, let's do just one more thread. Plllleeeasseeeeee?? :roll:

YERCELL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys, guys. Didn't you hear? Brett was hiding under a rock all offseason, so he didn't know anything about the team until he showed up to play. A team that he has been around for 15 years. Geez, I figured you guys would've heard that by now.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dear Majikman:

How dare you speak like that about his Holliness his Greatness, the One and Only Lord TT of Green Bay, the perfect GM the One and Only Owner of the Football Truth.

He is here to show us how to run (ruin maybe??) a team, he is here to show us his magic, he is here to find diamonds in the garbage..... He is the One.

So please think that we are not supossed to Understand what his great mind can.....

It is all Bretts fault, he is acting against TT´s and the Packers interests, he is evil.....

We should all worship Lord TT and his little elf Mikey M....

I wish Mikey M would stand for Mikey Mouse, insted of Mickey "Where am I" McCarthy..

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Um...chamuko......Brett came back iunder full knowlwdge of the team's situation. Why not try to deal in facts instead of misplaced disappointment.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Digs....

I know, I know....

I just want to make a little fun out of His Holliness Lord TT...

And I really believe Brett doesnt deserve this kind of farewell season...

Nor the Pack deserve a coach like Mikey ... But WTF maybe I deserve this for being anti Sherman last year .... this is my personal curse.. Things can get worse

YERCELL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
I wish Mikey M would stand for Mikey Mouse, insted of Mickey "Where am I" McCarthy..

Who's Mikey Mouse? What? Oh, you meant Mickey Mouse and Mikey McCarthy. Tried to get creative and don't even know what you're talking about.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
Dear Majikman:

How dare you speak like that about his Holliness his Greatness, the One and Only Lord TT of Green Bay, the perfect GM the One and Only Owner of the Football Truth.

He is here to show us how to run (ruin maybe??) a team, he is here to show us his magic, he is here to find diamonds in the garbage..... He is the One.

So please think that we are not supossed to Understand what his great mind can.....

It is all Bretts fault, he is acting against TT´s and the Packers interests, he is evil.....

We should all worship Lord TT and his little elf Mikey M....

some fan? guy coaches one game and loses. so lets call for his head and give him bad nicknames that dont make sense. mickey mouse huh...?? he is rotund, deep voice and looks more like a bull than a mouse... but keep tryin there chamuko... nicknames should have reasoning behind them... or else its just someone who thinks they are funny giving someone a bad name and laughing at it while others just roll their eyes.

no one is saying its brett fault even in the slightest... i dont even know where you conspiracy theorists are coming from now... none of this babble makes sense. Brett knew what he was coming into... maybe he plans on staying another year and going out on top with a young solid team... but no its a big giant cover up by ____________

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just love how the TT bashers like to criticize the dismantling of the mighty Packers. Get a clue people, this team has not been a legitimate balanced playoff team since 1998. We put together a pretty potent offensive team under Sherman, capable of beating the weak sisters of the league and amassing division championships. Come playoff time the weakenesses of the D and special teams were exposed and all it took to shut down that offense was a good punch in the mouth. All of you bashers wanted to keep that going?

In the mid to late nineties there were very few teams that posed a challenge. For the last five years we watched our Lambeau dominance become a joke. Nobody wanted to play the Pack under Holmgren/Wolf.

This is not a bashing on Sherman either, the man did what he could with the salary cap restrictions and draft positioning he inherited. We need this rebuilding phase to restock the pond. Deal with it and cope, the Packers will be back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts