TT press conference at 10:30 this morning.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reporter said:
Will you interview Jim Bates for the job?

(Paraphrased)
TT said:
TT: "I haven't had a chance to speak with anyone on the staff... but Jim Bates is a find coach and i'm sure I will speak with him privately, whether that leads to an interview or not...

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pretty boring...same old same old from TT...a lot of watered down inconclusive generic speak.

Hinted that they'd be more active in free agency this year

did not say whether he'd puruse a more offensive/defensive minded coach

said he made his decision on MS about 3 days ago.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's done rapid, I had the same problems but again, you didn't miss much

"MS did a fine job, but I felt the organization needed to go in a different direction"

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, it was probably cutting out because so many people were trying to watch it. The post-game stuff yesterday was never a problem for me.

I just don't think the Packers.com servers could handle so many requests for the live feed. I'll just watch the archive.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the odd part of the press conference is TT said back in Aug based on MS record he deserved the extention. Now he says his record was not the reason for firing him.
Sounds a bit like he wants it both ways.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I noticed that too wpr, and one of the reporters called him on that inconsistency, but he just sort of backtracked out of that comment.

He also said that Brett's fate had nothing to do w/ the decision...meaning if Brett would retire because of the firing, it didn't impact the decision, and that they would not hire a coach that would be geared specifically towards helping Brett.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
He also said that Brett's fate had nothing to do w/ the decision...meaning if Brett would retire because of the firing, it didn't impact the decision, and that they would not hire a coach that would be geared specifically towards helping Brett.

I like that attitude actually. He's more concentrated on what will help the team overall rather than making it all nice and cushy for Brett Favre.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so much for all the experts and critics saying brett was holding the organization hostage with his sherman comments earlier in the season.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
wpr said:
the odd part of the press conference is TT said back in Aug based on MS record he deserved the extention. Now he says his record was not the reason for firing him.
Sounds a bit like he wants it both ways.

Possibly or maybe his record wasn't enough to overcome other short comings of being a coach that is the main reason sherman was fired for.

PPierce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
musccy said:

I like that attitude actually. He's more concentrated on what will help the team overall rather than making it all nice and cushy for Brett Favre.

I agree. It's best to move forward. Surprised me too. I thought he'd do exactly what Favre wanted. Now he left it up to Favre, but he'll have to face changes, which we desperately need.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Some of you guys really are friggin' ingrates here towards what Brett Favre has done for "your team"...

It would serve you right if Favre signed with the Vickies and beat the **** out of the Pack for the next few years...with his buddy Darren Sharper...

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66

For the 1,000th time, someone is not an ingrate, or a Packer hater simply because of their opinion of one player.

I would like to see BF back next year, but there is a valid argument against that notion. His base is 12 mil + whatever his signing bonus is, the Pack are going to have to figure out what to do w/out him in 2 years tops anyway, it's unlikely that they could build a superbowl champ. team in that time frame, so why not clear the 13, 14, or whatever mil in cap space and continue the building process right now?

Again, I'd rather have Brett back, but the opposing view is not asinine

Members online

Latest posts