TT POLL..Packers Fans Weigh In

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just want to get a few opinions and see where most people stand on the TT issue....I know there are tons of posts on TT sorry...

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Not enough options.

I'd choose something on the lines of : This is the year the team has to get to the playoffs otherwise Ted's moves are not working out.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This FA and draft will go a long way in determining TT's expertise. Money won't be a deciding factor for once. So many areas need help that he will need every bit of football-smarts to be successful. As always, PRIORITIES decisions must trump all others. He can't afford to reach until #7 pick and even then it must be a short reach. He'll earn his money this year IF he does it right.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah not enough options. I don't think he's awesome. I certainly think he's had his mistakes and is far from being in the class of a Ron Wolf. I don't think he should leave yet. I don't think he should be jumped in a dark alley.

Right now I think he's a good scout. He knows talent but he underestimates free agency to much.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Saying a GM isn't in the class of a Ron Wolf is kind of ... I'll just say I put Ron Wolf in a class of his own.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't vote because I'm still undecided. We've been unlucky with injuries the past two years.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I didn't vote because I'm still undecided. We've been unlucky with injuries the past two years.

I dunno. I think we got ravaged by injuries in 2005 pretty bad. Javon, Brady, Ahman, etc...

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i didn't vote because i'm in between. i like where he seems to be going. it would be great if we could pull in a bunch of playmakers and win the superbowl this year, but he never promised to break the bank and go all out. He promised to build the team through the draft and secure the future of the franchise, not mortgage it. So you really can only base your appraisal of the guy on what he is trying to do, and i think in terms of what he said he would do, he is doing it.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saying a GM isn't in the class of a Ron Wolf is kind of ... I'll just say I put Ron Wolf in a class of his own.

The same people who expect Thompson to be Ron Wolf are the same people who expect Rodgers to be Favre. It's not going to happen. They just need to move on.

I'm with you. Wolf is in a Class of his own in my opinion.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The options are too limited, IMO. I respect TT and like some of the moves he's making. That being said I'm not ready to say he needs to move on(especially after two years) and I'm definitely not calling him awesome until we go deep into the playoffs. By deep I mean NFC championship game range.

OP
OP
R

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wanna add more options but the dang thing wont let me go back and edit the poll....Sorry bout that.

Mackie2001

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The draft the Packers needed most was the 2001 draft and it was almost a total waste. If that draft would have been a good one, we could be playing with four or more seasoned vets and Sherman would still be headcoach. Most of Wolf's drafts weren't good but he knew his qb's and had knack for picking up good projects in the later rounds. That probably says more about the Pack's scouting department than about Wolf.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

The draft the Packers needed most was the 2001 draft and it was almost a total waste. If that draft would have been a good one, we could be playing with four or more seasoned vets and Sherman would still be headcoach. Most of Wolf's drafts weren't good but he knew his qb's and had knack for picking up good projects in the later rounds. That probably says more about the Pack's scouting department than about Wolf.

Some argue that he was giving Sherman the players he wanted.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, honestly, you can't use the injury excuse. One of a GM's biggest responsibilities is minimizing the effects of injuries: having quality depth and hiring good coaches who know how to get the most out of the players they've got. A team with 22 stars who never get hurt has no need of a GM.

I voted for option one (Awesome), but in reality I'd probably scale that back a little. Right now I'd state unequivocably that TT and Ron Wolf are my 2 favorite packer GMs of the last 30 years. And, honestly, if TT has another couple of years like the last two, he might replace Ron as my favorite.

Ron will always be remembered as the GM who brought Favre to Green Bay, and that alone has earned him the undying gratitude of an entire generation of Packer fans. But Ron made his share of mistakes, too.

There's no denying that TT has had two good years. He's cut loose the dead weight & freed up a ton of cap space, getting the team younger and more talented in the process...

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

If that's true, then I put that on Ted. He's supposed to bring in the best players available. I'm not saying he should bring in guys the coach refuses, but if the two can't get along... wait a tick ...

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:

If that's true, then I put that on Ted. He's supposed to bring in the best players available. I'm not saying he should bring in guys the coach refuses, but if the two can't get along... wait a tick ...

I'm pretty sure that Cory was talking about Ron Wolf giving Sherman the players that Sherman wanted in the 2001 draft...

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
great post 69.

and bozz your right... if your basing your opinion on what he promised to do then hes doing it.

im voting awesome... he took a poorly managed team and has made significant progress in two years. patience. take a couple ritalins and try not to blow a gasket hating this guy, just because you fear change.

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like TT ... i like the drafting style he has ... if he only spent a bit more money in FA he probably would be the best GM ... anyways he drafted amazing olinemen and for their first year they did pretty good ... and its really hard to produce Lineman ... good job on picking them and good job from the coaching side to producing them ... now that they got their experience cant wait for next year

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Cory said:

I'm pretty sure that Cory was talking about Ron Wolf giving Sherman the players that Sherman wanted in the 2001 draft...

:oops:

You're right. Good job on me paying attention there huh? lol ... jus figured with this being a Ted poll and ppl bashing Te ... oh blah i bunked it up!

OP
OP
R

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We get moss and I'll go over to the other side of the fence....I'll wear a TT T-shirt to college...

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:

No you misunderstand me. I'm saying that some say WOLF was giving Sherman the players he wanted since Wolf was on his way out.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Cory said:

No you misunderstand me. I'm saying that some say WOLF was giving Sherman the players he wanted since Wolf was on his way out.

missed this post huh? :)

Since69 said:
Zero2Cool said:
Cory said:

:oops:

You're right. Good job on me paying attention there huh? lol ... jus figured with this being a Ted poll and ppl bashing Te ... oh blah i bunked it up!

OP
OP
R

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im just curious but after this offseason, if TT doesnt make a big signing..ALA Randy Moss, Shockey, Portis, or Magahee how will yall feel about him??

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That depends on how we do next year. I think that with our cap room and mediocre talent base we'd be stupid not to make a huge signing, but then again, I'm not an NFL GM.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im just curious but after this offseason, if TT doesnt make a big signing..ALA Randy Moss, Shockey, Portis, or Magahee how will yall feel about him??

We don't need a big signing, we need the right signing. It doesn't matter how high-profile the players are, it's whether they can play or not. I feel that if we do not make the playoffs, rather than getting a big-name player, that will be a disappointment.

Members online