"TT..not interested in winning this year in GB.."

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
According to reliable sources within the Green Bay Packer organization, Ted Thompson's slothful and moribund activity in free agency deserves some explanation. When questioned about it, Thompson said..."I don't know...I just don't think that much about it." "It's really not part of my "master plan".

When asked what his "master plan" exactly is...Thompson just shrugged his shoulders, and walked away...

Key Packer players such as Ryan Longwell, Mike Flanagan and Tony Fisher, when asked about Thompson's plan, were left scratching their heads...."He never said nothing to me.." said Fisher. "Nobody knows what's going on over there." "Nobody seems to be driving the car." "I mean...the lights are on...but nobody's home..if you get my drift".

This is puzzling indeed, yet certain Packer faithful...or I should say, "TT faithful" on packerforum.com are not deterred. "Oh TT has a plan alright.." "Boy..does he ever have a plan"..said one poster. But when pushed to explain what exactly that plan is...they could not come up with an answer.....but simply reapeated..."TT has a plan.."

Stay tuned Packer fans...because insiders claim that TT's plan is really not to do much for the GB Packer organization this year or the next, but in 2008 watch out! Because TT is going to unleash a maelstrom of a plan..."There is going to be a blizzard of activity in 2008..." according to TT pundits.....

"That is when you are going to really see something out of TT"...claimed the source....

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
where do you get this crap from?

This is your fantasy, neither Longwell, Fisher or Flanagan played any key role last season.

Longwell missed easy field goals.
Fisher didn't manage to become our starter when given the chance and lost the job to an undrafted rookie. Flanagan was part of a horrific o-line..

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted Thompson quote from the Press-Gazette article this morning:

“It’s tough to kick here because of the weather, and the kicker is a valuable member of our team. But we’ll get a good kicker for this team. You never know where a good kicker will come from. We just need to get one before the kickoff (of the regular season) in September.â€

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think TT is interested in building a solid team for the future with younger players. He is not in it for the quick fix. This is something Packer fans are going to have accept. When Wolf took over in the early 90's, he cleaned house in his first few years. Thompson is doing the same thing. Maybe all of us Packer fans could learn some patience. We only had a run of 13 years of winning football.

I agree with you Gakk, especially on Fischer. He was unable to buck up when given a golden opportunity. Cut him loose and get someone in here with potential. Does anyone think there is a possibility of drafting a running back this year.

I do think we will miss Longwell to some degree. Statistically he has been a great kicker over the years, but how much field position has he cost us? I'm torn on Longwell, but something tells me Ryan leaving was more about what Ryan wanted than what the GBP wanted.

I'm happy for Flanagan to have gotten that contract, because he would have gotten a veterans minimum deal here. He was a great warrior for us, but the operative word here is "was". Wells and White are our future at Center and they should have a great battle for the starting center position in training camp.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
I think what TT meant is that there is lots of time to get a kicker because we don't need him before september.

Gakk maybe you can get a full time job interpreting what TT is really saying.

What he says is what he really means!

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
GakkofNorway said:
I think what TT meant is that there is lots of time to get a kicker because we don't need him before september.

Gakk maybe you can get a full time job interpreting what TT is really saying.

What he says is what he really means!

So you mean everything you say literally?

I don't think so.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought that instead of winning this said whining and it was quite fitting for pack66. When he doesnt have Sherman to whine about it has to be somebody else, so I guess Ted Thompson is the guy.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the panicing "The SKY is falling" attitude some have is goofy. It's a LONG way from season's start, and your saying the GM WANTS to lose. That makes sense. He WANTS the team to crash, so that he ends up unemployed......yeah, that MUST be it. Who have they lost so far? A center with a VERY questionable future, which someone (Sherman?) was willing to dish out 9 million for? A kicker who REALLY didn't want to kick here anymore anyway (he wanted a warm weather climate, to pump up his numbers) and a 3rd down back, who could only catch, really never was much of a runner. Yeah.......THATS a good reason to throw up your hands and give up. Now.......if Favre decides to retire, i am SURE some will blame the GM. Even though, it's 100% FAVRE's decision. He's under contract, and unless the GM cuts or trades him, it's HIS decision.
53 spots.........i want the GM to keep those with the best chance of helping the team win. Not those that are iffy, or don't have the skills anymore.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
I think the panicing "The SKY is falling" attitude some have is goofy. It's a LONG way from season's start, and your saying the GM WANTS to lose. That makes sense. He WANTS the team to crash, so that he ends up unemployed......yeah, that MUST be it. Who have they lost so far? A center with a VERY questionable future, which someone (Sherman?) was willing to dish out 9 million for? A kicker who REALLY didn't want to kick here anymore anyway (he wanted a warm weather climate, to pump up his numbers) and a 3rd down back, who could only catch, really never was much of a runner. Yeah.......THATS a good reason to throw up your hands and give up. Now.......if Favre decides to retire, i am SURE some will blame the GM. Even though, it's 100% FAVRE's decision. He's under contract, and unless the GM cuts or trades him, it's HIS decision.
53 spots.........i want the GM to keep those with the best chance of helping the team win. Not those that are iffy, or don't have the skills anymore.

Beautiful, Cheesey, we need more positive thinking about our young team. Frankly, I thought our young defense brought it last with the exception of the Baltimore game. And I am extremely exited to see how the zone blocking scheme is implemented with our young O-lineman.

krd005

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Longwell WILL be missed............sometimes you don't know it until it's gone.

Flanigan is in the top half talentwise of NFL centers

Fisher is a good back who last year was hurt........just may be the reason some of you say he didn't step up.

TT seems to be in no big hurry which disappoints some of us. But what really bothers me is the fact that he took over a tune up job and seems to be making it a complete overhaul.

So far his record is 4-12....anyone else afraid we might be staring the 70's right in the face again???

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
krd005 said:

Fisher is a good back who last year was hurt........just may be the reason some of you say he didn't step up.

TT seems to be in no big hurry which disappoints some of us. But what really bothers me is the fact that he took over a tune up job and seems to be making it a complete overhaul.

So far his record is 4-12....anyone else afraid we might be staring the 70's right in the face again???

First......Thanks Dakota! Thats the way i see it........i'm not ready to flush the season down the toilet yet.

Longwell wanted out,........he did NOT want to be here anymore. We MAY end up missing him.
Flanagan WAS one of the best centers.......not anymore.
Fisher was ok......just ok.....even before he was hurt, he wasn't much of a runner. He could catch, but that was pretty much it. They have Green, Gado, and maybe Davenport. I'd be more upset if they lost Davenport then Fisher.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
krd005 said:

maybe he didn't step up because he simply wasn't good enough?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree Gakk........all i ever saw was a stop gap back. He never was outstanding. Just someone you could stick in there when your real back was tired. Average at best.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heather....TT did not "let Vinatieri go", he chose to play in a dome and took a little more money.

C'mon now...it takes two to tango amd if one partner is uninterested, there is no dance.

krd005

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you think Gaddo is a answer I think you need to rethink some things. If you guys don't think Fisher was quality I will agree to disaagree. But please don't use Gaddo....Davenport yes Gaddo no!

Longwell wanted out because the writing was on the wall.

Who is our new center?

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Center prospects include: Wells. White amd Coston.

My money says White wins the battle.

Well if THAT doesn't bring Brett back nothing will :wink:

I know, I know....."it's not about Brett"...."Brett doesn't matter"..."Brett has screwed us"...... :roll: :roll:

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack, I have said that I do not understand some fans desire to wholesale mortgage the future just to eek out one more year for Favre. That's all.

Do I want him back.....yes, for as long as he wants to play. Am I good with cheating the franchise's future for one more year. No. Make the moves we need to make, and let's see if he is good to go.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
I have never said that, DePack. I said that I do not understand some fans esire to wholesale mortgage the future just to eek out one more year for Favre. That's all

Not you...but they have all been said by some of the "I love TT/I hate Favre"
group!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts