TT low cost signing possibility Devin Taylor

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Taylor has been a 4-3 defensive end for the lions but has the size and athletic ability to be a much better elephant in the packers system. I would rather TT sign him than Datone jones. Taylor is 6-7 275 ran the 40 in 4.72 20 yard 4.30 3 cone 6.89 vertical 35 broad jump 128 all very good numbers for his size. He's got 15 sacks over his first 4 years compared to jones 9. I think he has the potential to be the kind of mid level signing TT favors and I think he could really excel in a new role with the packers

D

Deleted member 6794

Taylor has been a 4-3 defensive end for the lions but has the size and athletic ability to be a much better elephant in the packers system. I would rather TT sign him than Datone jones. Taylor is 6-7 275 ran the 40 in 4.72 20 yard 4.30 3 cone 6.89 vertical 35 broad jump 128 all very good numbers for his size. He's got 15 sacks over his first 4 years compared to jones 9. I think he has the potential to be the kind of mid level signing TT favors and I think he could really excel in a new role with the packers

I would prefer the Packers to either bring back Peppers or Jones than sign Taylor.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course rather have Peppers but I really hope they don't bring Jones back either way. He's just not worth a roster spot at any dollar amount. Upgrades have to be made and he's a player that should be replaced. I would say the same about Letroy Guion if the packers wanna improve they need to replace him. In his case Kenny Clark is well on his way to doing that

D

Deleted member 6794

Of course rather have Peppers but I really hope they don't bring Jones back either way. He's just not worth a roster spot at any dollar amount. Upgrades have to be made and he's a player that should be replaced. I would say the same about Letroy Guion if the packers wanna improve they need to replace him. In his case Kenny Clark is well on his way to doing that

As I've mentioned in another thread Jones was actually pretty good pressuring opposing quarterbacks during his first season lining up at outside linebacker. He's a better player than Taylor.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jones is no superstar, but he played better than most even noticed or will give credit for last year.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just saying if the packers wanna be the best they have to upgrade. who else that was a regular on defense would you upgrade other than him Guion and now hydes spot hopefully. ILB but they are gonna give Martinez and Ryan every chance. Hopefully draft somebody who turns out to be better. You can say corner but I think that will be a relatively high draft pick and what is already there hopefully improving in 3rd year

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm just saying if the packers wanna be the best they have to upgrade. who else that was a regular on defense would you upgrade other than him Guion and now hydes spot hopefully. ILB but they are gonna give Martinez and Ryan every chance. Hopefully draft somebody who turns out to be better. You can say corner but I think that will be a relatively high draft pick and what is already there hopefully improving in 3rd year

I would absolutely be fine with improving the defense at various positions but don't consider Taylor an upgrade over Jones.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bringing back Jones seems to make the most sense. Another year to hopefully put it all together (Like Perry this past year). Plus he'll be relatively cheap.

Members online

Latest posts