"TT is holding Brett Favre hostage..."

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It is so obvious now what TT's plan is...(the scumbag)

TT is not going to do a DAMN THING to improve the offense...and Brett Favre is going to retire....This has been TT's plan all along...This way he...

1. Gets Favre to bow out on his own and retire, and TT doesn't have to be the guy who "drove GB's HOF QB out of town"...(although that's exactly how he WILL be remembered...)

2. He gets to start his pet project Aaron Rodgers...and possibly extend his own career (TT's that is!) because it will take Rodgers 2-3 years to become decent in the NFL--if he ever does....and of course the so-called "fans" will say.."Well..you have to give TT more of a chance because that bastard Favre retired, and we had to start a rookie QB..so TT needs a fair chance to succeed..so Bob Harlan..renew his contract".

3. TT's massive ego believes that in 2-3 years of his master plan..the Packers will be ready to do something---in other words...be "competitive", and he wants to do it the way he wants to do it--THROUGH THE DRAFT...!!

4. TT will fail....(He's not as good as he thinks he is...or as smart)

5. Favre understands this..and after retiring...He will be pissed, and still want to play..and come back to play for another NFL franchise that has some talent..is ready.to succeed..but just needs a QB ....for 2 years and bring that team to the SB...(Hell if Vinnie Testeverde can still play...)

6. Green Bay will be looking for a new QB either at the end of this year...or next...because Aaron Rodgers is simply not the guy....!

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL, You sure know alot. Maybe you could tell TT who to pick in the 2008 draft now, so he can start positioning himself right

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you want TT to do to address the offense? Don't tell me we should have signed Moulds/T.O. or kept Wahle last year. I mean right now, who should TT rush out an sign?

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2007...."With the first pick in the 2007 draft......the Green Bay Packers select quarterback Brady Quinn from Notre Dame"

Then, of course we will have to give TT another 3 years to groom Quinn.

Actually, If Favre doesn't come back and we suffer another 4-12 record or worse, TT may be in trouble. Remember, Harlan is retiring and Jones is taking over. Who's to say that Jones won't want "his own guy" to run the club? Just like TT wanted "his own guy" as coach.

Karma...gotta love it!

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack 66 I hate when someone takes my ideas and post them... je,je,je, I have been saying about the same issues, I posted a long post some days ago about the same things and I got ripped offffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.

I see thta TT will do nothing to improve the ofense and maybe his project will be killed by playing behind that ofensive ofense line that we have now, but who cares it will be his team and no one else´s team....

I believe we will rely entirelly on defense not to be wiped off the field on every game......

I see the 70´s and 80´s around the corner.

By the way TT will be happy he will have 2-3 years, in my post I said 3-5, of very good draft picks maybe ranging from 1st to 5th overall...

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
What do you want TT to do to address the offense? Don't tell me we should have signed Moulds/T.O. or kept Wahle last year. I mean right now, who should TT rush out an sign?

The fact is pyledriver..is he let those guys go that you mention above without signing one of them...or making a serious play for them...

He should have kept Wahle last year..he could have..but didn't...He could have signed TO/Moulds or Larry Allen...but didn't....He could have kept Longwell...but didn't....Most everyone he has signed has been on the defensive side of the ball....

Coincidence...or planned all along by TT because he wants to pursue his offensive players through the draft..and we all know that's "REBUILDING"..and that takes at least 2-3 years of development to have anything....

You can say.."sign someone now..TT"..but if he has no "plan" to do so...it ain't gonna happen...

He's playing a "waiting game"...and we all should know it...

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Don't tell me we should have signed Moulds/T.O. or kept Wahle last year. I mean right now, who should TT rush out an sign?

Why not? It doesn't fit into your theory? He should have. We wouldn't be wondering about Favre's future, had he!

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong but I believe TT resigned Green,Henderson and Najeh. Why not letthese guy walk if he was "secretly" trying to destroy the offense. I just don't get where TT made a big mistake at.

T.O., Forget it, some like him,some hate em. The guy is like playing Russian Roulette. You may get lucky and he keeps his mouth shut OR the guy will blow your teams whole head off. It's a game that 75% of this league would not play, not just TT.

Moulds was not a FA. Houston had to give up a 5th round pick and pay him 19 million dollars. On a team with as many holes as we have 19 Million, over 4 years ,to a 10 year vet, at a position we are OK at, would have been suicide. We have biiger fish to fry than WR's

Hutchinson, no way were we going to offer that much money, forgetit

Allen, does not fit the scheme at all and is on his last leg.

I just don't get where you think we could have made a big move on offense at.

Woodson/Arrington were in here. Maybe we will sign one or both, maybe not. TT is being active however, just the players left are on the defensive side of the ball.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is such a ******** post. GM's do NOT do this! his job is to do the best he can to help the team win, just like every single other person in the organization. I don't know what TT is doing and i think some of it is really stupid, but the idea of him trying to sabotage the team to get higher draft picks? give me a break! you make him sound like Dr. Evil.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack, players come and go, we should have resigned Wahle but we didn't. It was a decision made by management and a poor one at that, but it happens with every team in the league. It does not mean TT is trying to destroy the team.

Unlike you guys, I have no theory. I have no doubt in my mind that TT is doing the best he can to manage this team appropiately. Whether he does so or not is another story.

The problem is that you guys want to bash TT for everything he does. You want him to rush out and gamble on every BIG NAME player on the market with reckless abandon.

He does not want T.O. and he is on a list of 20-30 other teams that did not.
You would have paid 19 Mil. and a 5th Rounder for Moulds who by the time his contract is up will be in his 14TH year?

I just think you guys need to step back and take a look at how the last few Super Bowl teams were built. Pittsburgh did nothing in Free Agency. They got thier key players through the draft. Thier biggest FA pick-up last year was Cedric Wilson or Quincy Morgan. On the other side you have the Vikes who spent like crazy and they bombed.

NE was a team that that got the most from average players. They were very quiet in the FA market as well. Most of thier players were Draft guys. Over a few years they signed Coey Dillion and Rodney Harrison. That was about the extent of thier signings. Brady was a raft Guy, as were Branch,Bruschi,Seymour etc.

I just want to know what the last team to go crazy in free-agency who won a SB was?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Texans | Moulds new teammate instrumental to his signing
Tue, 11 Apr 2006 20:10:13 -0700

Nick Schenck, of HoustonTexans.com, reports recently signed Houston Texans WR Eric Moulds said Texans WR Andre Johnson was instrumental in his signing with the team. "That was a big plus for me to have a guy that had his arms open saying I need you on the other side of me to be successful," said Moulds who was also receiving interest from the Philadelphia Eagles.

Why not blast DD for not opening his arms to get Eric in here as well??

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's simple Pyledriver...

TT signs Wahle "last year" with the 4 million dollars that you pointed out in a previous post on players who didn't even play for the Pack..last year...

Then..he either signs Allen or another guard or drafts one and the Offensive Line coach adjusts the blocking scheme to fit the personnel that they have...

Then TT signs TO/Moulds....

Favre is a lot happier and comes back....leads them to the playoffs..

(and not alot of money was spent or wasted..except on TO/Moulds salaries...which in light of things as they are now...would be worth it!)

(and signing your own..Green, Henderson, Najeh..is the least he can do..and they were cheap! I wouldn't hang my hat on that..if I were TT..)

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because TT didnt even show interest in Moulds......

Why not blast Brett for not telling Moulds and Arrington and Woodson that he would love to play with them in GB and telling TT that we will be willing to give his whole salary so he can sign those guys, and that he will also help raising money by signing autographs and selling hotdogs in the stadium.....

Gotta be Kiddinn

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
this is such a b.s. post. GM's do NOT do this! his job is to do the best he can to help the team win, just like every single other person in the organization. I don't know what TT is doing and i think some of it is really stupid, but the idea of him trying to sabotage the team to get higher draft picks? give me a break! you make him sound like Dr. Evil.

They do if they want to force their HOF QB into retirement so that he can "rebuild" his team in peace...

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Unlike you guys, I have no theory. I have no doubt in my mind that TT is doing the best he can to manage this team appropiately. Whether he does so or not is another story.

The problem is that you guys want to bash TT for everything he does. You want him to rush out and gamble on every BIG NAME player on the market with reckless abandon."

Mike Sherman was doing the best he can also. How did that work out? I don't want to bash TT. What I'd like to do is say "Man...that TT is awesome. He did what was necessary to get Favre to return and with the signings we've made, we will be a contender this year." Can I say that right now? Are you happy that he has done all he can to improve this team and lure Favre back? Gambling on EVERY big name player on the market is impossible. How about gambling on one or two?

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
You know for a fact TT had no interest in signing or bringing in Eric??

I find it "interesting" how he keeps "losing out"..to other teams.."especially with players on the offensive side of the ball"...

(and how now that is being blamed on Brett Favre too..by the "fans"...)

Ron Wolf and Holmgren got Reggie White to come here when Green Bay was still considered the "North Pole" in the NFL...when nothing had been going on for 30 years....

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All of Pack66's posts are the same. He feels the need to have some doom story involving the packers and needs some "bad guy" to blame everything that goes wrong on. It is all counterproductive and stupid. He insinuates that he would be a better GM despite not having the knowledge of what goes on behind the scenes. Larry Allen doesn't fit in the new scheme. It would be great if he did and the Packers signed him but the fact is he doesn't. The opinion that he would help the Packers isn't based on amount of fact. The fact is that zone blocking teams have undersized linemen. It is easy to see that by looking at the falcons and broncos. The best thing to do to help the line is to get undersized linemen cut by other teams that would work well, in the scheme and that is what Ted Thompson said he was going to do. A conspiracy to get rid of Favre is so ridiculous that it almost isn't worth responding to. Favre brings in the team millions and millions of dollars and as long as he can still compete he will be welcome in Green Bay. Ted Thompson wouldn't be so stupid as to sabotage the teams offense to get rid of him. Simple reasoning. You just want players with names, Ted Thompson and the organization want players that can play well and excel in their offense. Real life isn't fantasy football or a Madden football game, it is much more complicated and you try to simplify it to support your insane theories.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What big-time FA did Pittsburgh Gamble on?

What are you going to say if he signs Arringtion or Woodson?

You want T.O., TT Did not, and he's not alone. I guess Dallas is going to the SB this year right?

Moulds was givin TOO MUCH MONEY! We need help on the Defensive side of the ball as well. He resigned Green, Gardner, Davenport, Henderson. He brought in Boerichter. He has made an attempt to improve the Offense.

I guess there are 31 other owners out there who are garbage as well. They all could have signed T.O. or traded for Moulds.

I guess Dallas and Houston are the teams to beat this year in the NFL. C'mon!

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So it's TT's way...or the highway..eh?

Brett Favre be damned...He's going to put in his scheme whether it pushes out his HOF QB or not...? TT's "blocking scheme" trumps Brett Favre of the Green Bay Packers..???

Hey..maybe so..He's the guy calling the shots now....

but what if in 2-3 years...TT's scheme isn't working out too well..and he's the guy who forced Brett to retire..for a scheme that didn't work or the Packer's couldn't implement very well..for whatever reason?

How did other teams handle the retirement of such a player?

Like Montana..Elway..and Marino...?

(Think about it...if you don't think that it's a factor in TT's thinking process..then you don't know squat about human beings....)

Like DePack said..if TT would have said.."I'm going to do what it takes to get Brett Favre back AND build this team for the future"....I would have NO PROBLEM with him...

But he most certainly is NOT doing that...it is very obvious....

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The point is..Pyledriver...and you should see this...

Is that he is building a team that has a talent like Brett Favre in it's plans....

(He is building for 2-3 years down the road...)

No..it's not automatic that these other teams are going to the SB because the signed TO/MOULDS...but if the Packers would have signed them...I would say they have more than a DAMN GOOD CHANCE to get to the SB because Brett Favre is the man behind center...

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very well put SuperRat!

I am not a huge TT fan but I am not going to bash the guy for not OVER-PAYING big name guys who aren't worth the money. It simply does not work as the Steelers proved last year.

He brought in Pickett, a guy who is a budding star in this league. Manual has potential. Taylor is another guy who has a motor. Boerichter is a big target. He resigned Green,Davenport,Kampman,Henderson,Gardner,etc.

The guy has not sat still at all this off-season. He has brought in talent at a decent price. If he signs Arrington or Woodson this off-season would be great, if not, it was still very productive.

Members online

Latest posts