TT is forgetting one very important thing....

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tracy White is the new Linebacker for the Pack - so, I guess they can now focus on that CB spot... it would be interesting as to who(m) they have in mind.....

Reaction score
I've heard Plummer said by many people. I agree, he would be a good choice. But I would at least contact R.W. McQuarters. I don't know why, I just really like him. He is blazing fast, and a good PR. Solid guy. Don't know how old he is though...

Big_Dog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have a lotof needs. WIde receiver, quarterback, kicker, punter, kick returner, linebacker, OL/

Unless Tightwad Ted does a lot more in FA than he has so far, it's gonna be a long season.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Big_Dog said:
The Packers have a lotof needs. WIde receiver, quarterback, kicker, punter, kick returner, linebacker, OL/

Unless Tightwad Ted does a lot more in FA than he has so far, it's gonna be a long season.

Punter? No we have a good punter now.

QB? We have Brett and Aaron.

WR? We have Walker, Driver and Gardner. Walker will wise up and play.

Kicker? Yea we need one of them atleast lol

LB? We have a good young group and when we draft Hawk we will be greatly improved.

OL? Yea I agree we need help there.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and CB, because Al is not enough, and if you're putting your eggs in Carrolls basket, hes gonna break them, by holding onto them too tight.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
and CB, because Al is not enough, and if you're putting your eggs in Carrolls basket, hes gonna break them, by holding onto them too tight.

You didn't get the news flash? I'm starting opposite Al Harris. HUGE improvement. I'm the next Jason Sehorn!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
tromadz said:

You didn't get the news flash? I'm starting opposite Al Harris. HUGE improvement. I'm the next Jason Sehorn!

Dancing Baby > Ahmad Carroll

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Big_Dog said:

We need a QB? I thought we drafted one last season... Or are you giving up on him after all of 4 pre-season games???

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, someone gonna tell me what Happened to my avitar ? computer glitch ? or did I offend some small mind somewhere ? just let me know !!

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
Big_Dog said:

We need a QB? I thought we drafted one last season... Or are you giving up on him after all of 4 pre-season games???

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

i think he's just planning for the wide learning curve that comes with qb'ing w/o experience in the NFL.

if Brett was to retire, an AR contingency plan would be wise, dont you think?

Reaction score
Arrow, I know what you mean with the contingency plan, but a part of me would just have A-Rod go out ther and play. I know Brett was a "wild stallion" early on, and that Holmgren thought about replacing him. But he didn't and he eventually got rewarded for his faith in Favre. I kind of want AR to go out their and play, even if it means failing, because I think that it will be in the best long term interests of the Packers to have AR learn in one year, rather than have a Losman like situation.

But then I would love to have a contingency plan that would allow the Packers to remain competitive and have a shot at the playoffs. Hm, I guess I still don't know what I would like to see. That is why I don't like to think about life after Brett. :(

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
i think he's just planning for the wide learning curve that comes with qb'ing w/o experience in the NFL.

A contigency plan might be a good idea, however we have 2 problems:

1. Not knowing if Favre is going to retire.
2. Needing to get ARod some experience if Favre does retire.

I really don't see wasting cap space on a FA backup QB on the assumption that #1 is going to happen, expecially when Nall's "test of the FA" doesn't seem to have his phone ringing off the hook.

If Favre does decide to call it quits, we will need to sign a backup QB in the event ARod gets injured over the course of the season. However, I don't believe we should jump the gun and tie up cap space until we know for sure one way or the other. The QB market is pretty ripe right now... Signing a backup this year should be fairly easy, even leading up to training camp.

There are a lot of positions that we need to fill more than a backup QB at this point (guards and CBs come to mind). IMO these positions are far more important to fill for the future of the team than a FA QB that we may or may not need.

Regards,

Robert C. Hedley

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
arrowgargantuan said:

I agree. its irritating

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
So, someone gonna tell me what Happened to my avitar ? computer glitch ? or did I offend some small mind somewhere ? just let me know !!

i'm thinking your hyperlink to the pic is no longer accessable. thats the only thing i can think of bud...maybe try to find a similar pic?

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
There are a lot of positions that we need to fill more than a backup QB at this point (guards and CBs come to mind). IMO these positions are far more important to fill for the future of the team than a FA QB that we may or may not need.

Regards,

Robert C. Hedley

i fully agree.

i wasn't suggesting they make any decisions like that until we know what the big guy's plans are. nor do i think our front office would do something that irresponsible with our dough...unless they were trying to force him out of course, and thats definitely not the case.

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
Hey, what happened to my TT avitar ? Moderator ?

LOL!!! LOL!!! TT musta got tired of looking at Baby Curley's ***, just above your last post, located on page four. LOL!!!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Anubis said:
arrowgargantuan said:

I agree. its irritating

Personally....I love the fact that it is irritating to you. What goes around comes around!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
tromadz said:
Anubis said:
arrowgargantuan said:

I agree. its irritating

Personally....I love the fact that it is irritating to you. What goes around comes around!

.....what a great post.

Yeah, Favre upsetting the flow of Free Agency irritates me. I am glad it makes you happy...you know what else makes me upset? Losing seasons. Do you want that to happen too?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
DePack said:
tromadz said:
Anubis said:
arrowgargantuan said:

I agree. its irritating

.....what a great post.

Yeah, Favre upsetting the flow of Free Agency irritates me. I am glad it makes you happy...you know what else makes me upset? Losing seasons. Do you want that to happen too?

Oh, YEAHHHH!!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
DePack said:
tromadz said:
Anubis said:
arrowgargantuan said:

I agree. its irritating

.....what a great post.

Well so far we are 1 for 1 with TT in charge. What else irritates you son?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
do you blame TT for the injuries, depack?

I think you do...

and if you do...that would make you a friggin....(calms down)

i love the logic of some of the people here.