TT is a BIG reason why the Pack is 1-5

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The offensive line is servicable at pass protection, but putrid for the run. When all you have is a depleted wr corp and no run to rely on, your team is toast.

This all happened because TT underestimated the value of guards. MS wasn't the greatest GM, but at least he realized how important it was to pay for quality o-linemen

With that said, I understand TT is looking long term, and I generally agree w/ what he's doing, but if you're going to call a spade a spade, then when you look strictly at this season, the ineptitude falls squarely on TT's shoulders.

Kyle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green is done, plain and simple. His gas tank is empty. RBs don't last in this league. The Pack could not afford to keep Wahle and Rivera. This is NOT Thompson's fault. It is his fault that Sherman is still here.

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT is not to blame......MS is to blame for the lack of cap money due to years of horrible draft and lousy free agent pickups.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yourout said:
TT is not to blame......MS is to blame for the lack of cap money due to years of horrible draft and lousy free agent pickups.

Very true. It will be a few years before we can see the full effect of TT's decisions. Past decisions will have a lingering effect for a little while.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
The offensive line is servicable at pass protection, but putrid for the run. When all you have is a depleted wr corp and no run to rely on, your team is toast.

This all happened because TT underestimated the value of guards. MS wasn't the greatest GM, but at least he realized how important it was to pay for quality o-linemen

With that said, I understand TT is looking long term, and I generally agree w/ what he's doing, but if you're going to call a spade a spade, then when you look strictly at this season, the ineptitude falls squarely on TT's shoulders.

You never realize how some players are important to a team until you dont have them anymore. Will Ron Wolf come back out of retirement at any time? Lets start looking for some new coaches before we start drafting players.

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wahle was willing to restructure...but TT blew him off. He relied on injury prone slow journeymen to get the job done.

W/ that said, I acknowledge he didn't have a ton of wiggle room, but he still could have retained Wahle rather than losing both of the guards.

The Pack can't run or utilize screens due to ineptitude at guard right now.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
TT ISN'T CALLING THE PLAYS ON THE FIELD...

DON'T BE PATHETIC....LIKE SHEMAN IS...

(BY THE WAY..ROSSLEY'S TRICK PLAYS AREN'T VERY TRICKY..EVERYBODY KNOWS THEM SINCE THEY'VE BEEN RUNNING THEM FOR FIVE YEARS NOW...

SHOVEL PASS...ANYONE?

Kyle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carolina came way over the top to sign Wahle. We simply couldn't compete. TT didn't blow him off, he knew the financial sacrifice needed to resign Wahle would leave him short on money to build this team for the future. Just one of the many difficult decisions involved in being GM. I don't envy him.

Members online

Latest posts