TT forces Brett to retire.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great article on MSNBC. Look it up yourselves you lazy bastards! Basically saying TT's "we want to move in a different direction" speech was directed at Favre as much as Sherman. If this is true...he desrves the ole "dead dog treatment" you fine folks from Wisconsin are famous for. Hey WTF...you bloodthirsty ****** got what you wanted! My only hope now is that TT talked to Brett about signing Mooch OR Favre comes back to spite Thompson and shoves it up his ***.

The Packers are 4-12 under Ted Thompson as General Manager!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
DePack..

Just what do you see in Sherman that you have such unquestioned loyalty and unwavering devotion to?

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
De Pack: I wanted him to leave and I assume full consequences of my desires.

I cant understand how can you be so ******* TT and so soft on Sherman, lets wait until we hear from Brett.

By the way what is Sherman record on Playoffs? in the game that really count??

I´d better stay with TT 4-12 record as he seems to have guts....

PACKATTACK4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He likes that sad puppy dog look Sherman has on his face every game as he is being outcoached again.

PPierce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett doesn't have to retire. He just has to realize that this year didn't work and a new coach will be brought in. He can stay as long as he likes. Sherman wasn't exactly getting the best out of him.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Great article on MSNBC. Look it up yourselves you lazy bastards! Basically saying TT's "we want to move in a different direction" speech was directed at Favre as much as Sherman. If this is true...he desrves the ole "dead dog treatment" you fine folks from Wisconsin are famous for. Hey WTF...you bloodthirsty ****** got what you wanted! My only hope now is that TT talked to Brett about signing Mooch OR Favre comes back to spite Thompson and shoves it up his ***.

I got what I wanted after '04, '05 today

If Brett Favre comes back...this team benefits from a new head coach

If Brett Favre doesn't come back...this team benefits from a new head coach

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:

The Packers are 4-12 under Ted Thompson as General Manager!

list form today

1. was it directed at brett? is that what the MSNBC geniuses said? Must be true.

2. Maybe the "different direction" comment WAS directed at brett, saying "Hey Brett, we're gonna run an offense that isn't bland and predictable. No more draws on 3rd and 6!" Maybe the comment wasn't a threat to brett, maybe it was to tell brett they want him. From Bretts brothers comments (which I would probably say were somewhat influenced by his brother brett, since brett...i dunno...plays there) about questioning the direction of the team. His brother said the following:

"“But I don’t know sometimes if he’s tough enough, and I don’t know about his play callers or his play calling. I don’t think they’re the best. They don’t have that killer instinct. There’s a time to be conservative and a time to open it up, and I don’t think they know the difference."

and guess what...that same man sherman, IS GONE. A different direction is to intimidate favre and 'force' brett to retire like your title so subtly states????????????? I dont think so.

3. The packers are 4-12 with TT as GM? Ok. How much of his time this season was used cleaning up shermans mess. He had to cut Hunt, he had to cut Thomas, he had to spend his time being reactive instead of proactive, because of your boy sherman.

Sherman was an abortion as a coach and a GM.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After watching TT's interview today I am almost convinced his direction is a brand new team and my gut tells me he would prefer ALL the old guard to be gone ( including Brett ). He did not once state that "He really hopes Brett will be back to lead this team"

Interesting Piece here : http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10682936/

Hope I am wrong but I don't think so.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
once again, lets not cast TT as the man who forced brett to retire....based on the fact he didnt mention brett. They have talked, and im sure it is a private matter.

he probably didnt mention brett out of respect for him. If brett retires, its his decision.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
id use reverse psychology on favre. id tell him nothing is his, and if he wants the starting job, he has to earn it vs. rodgers. a challenge? favre would do it!

At least in theory it is a cute idea

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gakk, you are right, it is clear that Brett was not to be the future of this franchise ( I was just to slow to understand that until now ).

Trom I admire that you will give TT time before you will make up your mind on him but if TT really wanted him back for a year then there would have been no harm in saying so.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has repeatedly stated he wanted Brett back and honestly if I got fired I would not want someone talking about another guy. Maybe Brett advised TT to go away from Sherman.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
and i say to you..GAKK..et al...

Why are you in such an all fired hurry to SUCK?

Because that's what the Pack will do with Rodgers...

What you can't wait a year or two?

that's moronic...

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alright gents, this team is called the Green Bay Packers, not the Green Bay Brett Favres. Ted THompson did what HE the general manager would be best for THIS franchise. Give the guy a chance before you send him to the gallows.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
from the article:

Thompson said he didn’t regret giving Sherman a two-year contract extension before the season: “Based on his record in the past, I think he deserved that vote of confidence.â€

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
smlutz is right...do what's best for the TEAM!!!! and as Gakk said, Brett is not the future...in 2 years tops you have to deal w/out him anyway.

I want to see Brett more, but frankly, I think that sets back the time until the Pack will rebuild.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
and i say to you..GAKK..et al...

Why are you in such an all fired hurry to SUCK?

Because that's what the Pack will do with Rodgers...

What you can't wait a year or two?

that's moronic...

Is this your new obsession now 66? Brett Favre now that Sherman is gone?

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
no chick..

Because you have certain "morons" on this forum who say the Packers don't need Brett Favre..or "he is not the future.." or some other moronic statements of that nature...

..and what I would like the morons to answer is whether they think that Aaron Rodgers "IS" the answer...and if he is...do they think that the Pack is going to start "winning now"...because of him....??

Why can't they just wait unless they have a preternatural "hatred" toward Brett Favre..???

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
now calm down, pack. namecalling gets us nowhere(although i do it too when im mad)

most of us here understand we have a better shot at winning with brett than we do any other QB available (carr,leinart,rodgers) but some people feel ....ya know...i dunno...i dont know why anybody would want someone in there whose number isnt 4.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On P@ck66's side on this point. There Seems to be too much of a need from "some" to push Brett out the door during this process and I have no idea why.

PPierce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
no chick..

Because you have certain "morons" on this forum who say the Packers don't need Brett Favre..or "he is not the future.." or some other moronic statements of that nature...

..and what I would like the morons to answer is whether they think that Aaron Rodgers "IS" the answer...and if he is...do they think that the Pack is going to start "winning now"...because of him....??

Why can't they just wait unless they have a preternatural "hatred" toward Brett Favre..???

No Packer fan on earth hates Brett Favre. That's insane. Some of us realize he can't play forever and is declining and want to rebuild, even if it's painful. We will never have another Brett Favre, but Favre isn't the same Favre anymore either, the world turns, and life goes on. Rodgers may or may not be a good replacement. We can't know if he doesn't play. If he can't cut it, we can get another QB. But Favre is, in football terms, a senior citizen.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PPierce said:
P@ck66 said:
no chick..

No Packer fan on earth hates Brett Favre. That's insane.

he has a penchant for the dramatic...treat him like your little sister :wink:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts