TT forces Brett to retire.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:
Anyone that thinks that TT is trying to force Favre to retire is clutching at straws in order to justify the fact that they're mad at TT for firing Sherman. There is absolutely no evidence anywhere that proves it's a fact.

Favre will come back next year or he won't. As the GM said it's his decision either way. As he'll get paid around $11 million to return, I'm sure he could care less if the GM begs him in the media to do so or not.

best. post. ever.

good work, Lare.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No..Lare..

Like it's never happened in the NFL before...RIGHT!

I'd believe Steve Young before I'd believe some guy posting on a Packer fan site..

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly,

P@ck66, for what it's worth you have my respect. You are one of the very few people who is not afraid of speaking your mind on this particular issue and you know what you are talking about.( then come to think about it , you pretty much don't mind speaking your mind on any issue ). :wink:

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Lare said:
Anyone that thinks that TT is trying to force Favre to retire is clutching at straws in order to justify the fact that they're mad at TT for firing Sherman. There is absolutely no evidence anywhere that proves it's a fact.

Favre will come back next year or he won't. As the GM said it's his decision either way. As he'll get paid around $11 million to return, I'm sure he could care less if the GM begs him in the media to do so or not.

best. post. ever.

good work, Lare.

First, if you do a complete search on my posts you will find I never have -given a firm stance on Sherman one way or the other as I have admitted that on the "technical aspects" of his coaching ability I never felt I had the knowledge for a strong view either way. Theory 1 - Down the Drain.

Second, Nobody ever asked TEDDY to "BEG" Brett to come back but anyone who saw his comments regarding Brett in his Firing of Mike Sherman interview is well aware of his "apathetic" statements concerning Brett, ie: " if he comes back as a player " ? instead of a "Supportive" statement such as "We are really looking forward to Brett comming back to lead this team".

There is a Huge difference and any motivational leader knows this. Now he could be just plain "DumB" but if you add up these

Apathetic Comments regarding Brett with what Steve Young had to say and combine that with the recent article reagarding "telling Brett the truth" and combine that with what others are saying on the forums and you STILL don't believe there is something to this theory about TEDDY pushing Brett out the door.....well, I have some Nice big blocks of Ice to sell you.

Please call me. :roll:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow, steve young was pushed out, and he thinks they are doing the same to him. What a shocker.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike wrote:
Favre has nothing that Rodgers can gain. Rodgers is not going to become a better QB from Brett. Brett has the fundamentals of a 400 pound man trying to cheerlead. He is not a good example. Favre does what he does, he is great at it. But, dont be fooled, you cant duplicate it, nor would you want to train an upcoming QB from Favre films. Heart, competitiveness, character, trueness are not things that can be tought, and that is exactly what makes it so hard for us to let go of Favre.

Well......i think heart, competitiveness, and character CAN be taught. How to handle yourself as one of the best all time QB's in football CAN be taught to a youngster just starting out in the NFL. I think watching how Favre handles himself, his team, and work ethic can be a GREAT example to Rodgers. How to be a TEAM player, instead of a Terrell Owens, or Randy Moss type CAN be taught. NOT just the "mechanics" of being a QB.
Just my opinion.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If any of you have any facts to backup your claim that TT is trying to force Brett out, I'd love to see them. Sorry, conjecture from Steve Young and Chris Collinsworth aren't proof, nor are theories on subliminal messages during press conferences.

My personal opinion is that there's a better chance of Brett coming back now than there was if Sherman stayed as HC. But that's also only conjecture. The only differences are that I state it as such, not as fact, and I can do so without having to call other people names in the process.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:
If any of you have any facts to backup your claim that TT is trying to force Brett out, I'd love to see them. Sorry, conjecture from Steve Young and Chris Collinsworth aren't proof,

Your Right, There is not "proof" and as we all know if this was Teddy's agenda then there never will be any "proof" as it's not likely that he will come out and say it will he ?

It's called "accumlulating data" and my worry is it may tarnish the image of the greatest football organization in the NFL as a lot of fans will see right through a retirement for the wrong reasons.

If this is going on, please stop it now Bob.

GBnative

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In TT's press conference announcing the firing of Sherman, I recal that TT was asked directly about Favre and he replied quite emphatically that this decision had nothing to do with Favre and Favre was not being "fired." If you don't believe his words, look at his actions. If TT's plan was to dump Favre and replace him with Rodgers next year, don't you think TT would have pushed Sherman into giving Rodgers at least a little playing time during this past season?

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steve Young is commentating on this matter through the perspective of his own experience...and it is flawed. Steve Young was forced out of the organization because he was initially unwilling to concede his career was over due to numerous concussions.

Nothing like Favre's situation.

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again native.....maybe he did and Sherm said f#ck you. What would happen to Sherman then. I'll give you a hint......read the papers. I watched TT's press conference and he came off as very arogant and smug. The problem is he wants this team to be his. As long as Brett is here the team will always be Brett's. The ego of these guys is huge.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
Again native.....maybe he did and Sherm said f#ck you. What would happen to Sherman then. I'll give you a hint......read the papers. I watched TT's press conference and he came off as very arogant and smug. The problem is he wants this team to be his. As long as Brett is here the team will always be Brett's. The ego of these guys is huge.

TT said he wanted Brett to play. This was asked to him when it was apparent the Packers were mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"I watched TT's press conference and he came off as very arogant and smug".

I watched it too and agree 100 % and I would also through in his "seeming ambiguity" in general.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
did you see his first conference? Im just curious. did anyone see the one where he was hired?

cuz he was all nervous, and shy. He has to be confident in his speech, if it comes off of cockyness, well..hes not trying to impress you(or me) so im sure he doesnt care.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did see the first interview with TT trom and to be honest with you I remember liking how he came across and thought to myself at the time that this guy "seems like a real team player that will fit in well with Sherman and the team"

That's one of the reasons I am so thrown off with his attitude now ( I did give him the benefit of the doubt but I think that was a mistake).

kuston

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shannon Sharpe was talking about this today on Sirus. To summarize Sharpe, anyone who thinks TT wants Favre back is an moron.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
Arizona, Detroit, Cleveland, New Orleans, Green Bay. Some teams have GM's that make them special.

Nall and Favre thrown away. Soon to be joined by many others now that there is cap room. Lots of players can be cut now that the Packers can absorb the cap hits. Enjoy the struggles of Rodgers that so many want.

The top QB contracts in the NFL are paying almost 15 million a season for the next 3 years. Brett is earning 10 next year with a cap number of 12 million. Less in 2007.

Brett Favre was second in NFL MVP voting in 2002. Has he gone that far downhill in 3 years?

Walter Payton’s last 4 seasons before splitting time with Neil Anderson in his final season in 1987.
Year.....Team..........Att......Yards.....Avg....TD
1983... Chicago..... 314... 1,421.... 4.5.... 6
1984... Chicago..... 381... 1,684.... 4.4.... 11
1985... Chicago..... 324... 1,551.... 4.8.... 9
1986... Chicago..... 321... 1,333.... 4.2.... 8

Look like a guy who was washed up? Sometimes it is just time to move on.

Members online

Latest posts