TT E. D. P. #2

subin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I heard from various people was that he looked like the best corner in practices so far. Think that's enough to put him in the first round?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Leon Hall has undoubtedly been the #1

Yep. Hall doesn't play the bump and run that great but he's clearly the best coverage Corner and he breaks on the ball better than anyone from what I've seen.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just finished watching the practises, Ross has been very impressive, as has Irons and Hall, they would each be great additions if we were to go for a CB at 16.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like all "rules of thumb" there are exceptions. But generally QB, OT, CB, and D-linemen cost more than S, LB, RB, WR. Therefore are generally taken earlier in the draft.

Ted Thompson really is looking for best player available and the long term interests of the team.

Woodson and Harris are over 30. Woodson has some injury history and played hurt last season. With Dendy, Bush, and Blackmon in development, CB will either be addressed with a high quality pick or not at all.

So much of what Ted does depends on
a) Who is on the board when he selects and
b) are they worth it
c) if there is a lot of value on the board(meaning several options) he can decide to trade down.

He truly cannot predict what he will do as it really depends on how his board looks at the time to select. If a top CB or RB(Lynch) is not available I believe he will trade down as there are a lot of good WR's in this draft that one can be picked up later. RB's like Bush and Irons are not worth the 16th pick.

Bottom line- If 2 CB's and 2 RB's are taken he will trade down. Otherwise he will pick one of those 4.

Members online

Latest posts