1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

TT E. D. P. #2

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by net, Jan 24, 2007.

1. net

net Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
  2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    With Woodson's history of injuries I was surprised how tough he was this year.

3. subin

subin Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    From what I heard from various people was that he looked like the best corner in practices so far. Think that's enough to put him in the first round?

4. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Leon Hall has undoubtedly been the #1

5. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yep. Hall doesn't play the bump and run that great but he's clearly the best coverage Corner and he breaks on the ball better than anyone from what I've seen.

6. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm just finished watching the practises, Ross has been very impressive, as has Irons and Hall, they would each be great additions if we were to go for a CB at 16.

7. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Like all "rules of thumb" there are exceptions. But generally QB, OT, CB, and D-linemen cost more than S, LB, RB, WR. Therefore are generally taken earlier in the draft.

Ted Thompson really is looking for best player available and the long term interests of the team.

Woodson and Harris are over 30. Woodson has some injury history and played hurt last season. With Dendy, Bush, and Blackmon in development, CB will either be addressed with a high quality pick or not at all.

So much of what Ted does depends on
    a) Who is on the board when he selects and
    b) are they worth it
    c) if there is a lot of value on the board(meaning several options) he can decide to trade down.

He truly cannot predict what he will do as it really depends on how his board looks at the time to select. If a top CB or RB(Lynch) is not available I believe he will trade down as there are a lot of good WR's in this draft that one can be picked up later. RB's like Bush and Irons are not worth the 16th pick.

Bottom line- If 2 CB's and 2 RB's are taken he will trade down. Otherwise he will pick one of those 4.