TT Cut Comments

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
name a GM that took his team to the superbowl in his first year....

that fact that ted left seattle and they went to super bowl is rifreakindiculous.

As is the fact that Ted built the Seahawks

I don't knowif any GM's have led thier teams to the SB in thier first year but I can name over a hundered that did better than 4-12!

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
but...we havent played 1 game yet

why u giving up already 4packgirl?

Perhaps because she has 2 eyes.......Thinking this team is anywhere near top-flight is crazy. I will root for them every week but expecting a 10-6 season is setting yourself up for a big let down.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
but...we havent played 1 game yet

why u giving up already 4packgirl?

if facing reality means i'm giving up, then so be it. i honestly believe we will only win 5 games this year. do i hope we win more?? he!l yes!!!! i've never given up on my packers & have no intention of doing so now. i am preparing myself for a long season with the hopes of having a great one. is that so bad??

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i have 2 eyes, and i see weaknesses on the team too, champ.

but i see positives too. I also see a weak division.

nobody said anything about top-flight.

will you root for them every week? will you REALLY?

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
did they come in with the same crappy cap situation, aging talent, and injuries out the balloon knot?

Some did, and they didn't go 4-12. Some chose not to abandon key parts of thier offense.

TT was 4-12 period, that is fact! If you want to debate the future quit reverting back to "were you ever a gm" when someone says something you don't agree with.

BoydAvery

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
name a GM that took his team to the superbowl in his first year....

that fact that ted left seattle and they went to super bowl is rifreakindiculous.

Randy Mueller brought the 3-13 Saints to the playoffs his 1st year as GM with a 10-6 record.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
TT was 4-12 period, that is fact! I

no, the mike sherman-led green bay packers were 4-12, using some(not a lot) of players brought in by TT. He didnt help the o-line in the 4-12 campaign , thats for sure.

but it was all TT, huh pyle?

im sure TT was responsible for the injuries we had last year too. :roll:

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
TT was 4-12? No, the Mike Sherman-led Green Bay packers were, with some(not a lot) of players TT brought in. He didnt help with the o-line thats for sure, but to put the entire 4-12 on him is RIDICULOUSLY stupid.

TT was also responsible for the injuries we had too, right pyle? get the **** outta here with that noise.

Blaming TT for anything to you is RIDICULOUSLY STUPID!

Those same players were 10-6 the year before under Sherman! The neglect of the O-Line had a major impact on last year. Injuries played a factor, which was nobodies fault, for sure.

The fact is you are saying that we CANNOT have opinions on the future because "we were never NFL GM's." I am saying that if we can't have opinions then all we are left with is 4-12! Not that hard to figure out!

BoydAvery

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
yep, Harlan said "who should I bring in to destroy the packers?" you know...cuz he hates them, and then decided on TT, who oddly enough helped put together a superbowl winning team in seattle. Odd strategy by harlan, we'll see if it works out for him.

lol

Bob Harlan had to call Ron Wolf for advice on who to hire as GM to replace Mike Sherman. Ted Thompson is actually Ron Wolf's selection.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:
TT was 4-12? No, the Mike Sherman-led Green Bay packers were, with some(not a lot) of players TT brought in. He didnt help with the o-line thats for sure, but to put the entire 4-12 on him is RIDICULOUSLY stupid.

TT was also responsible for the injuries we had too, right pyle? get the **** outta here with that noise.

Blaming TT for anything to you is RIDICULOUSLY STUPID!

except i just blamed him for the bad o-line in 2005. good try though. A for effort. :thumbsup:

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I tried AADP but it turned into this from Packnic

just because you use words like 6 inch power step and technique doesnt mean you know what your talking about. it just means you once read a coaching for dummies book and barely understood it. I think id rather listen and trust the coaches that get paid millions than a guy posting in a forum ....

And this from Trom, 1 minute after I submitted my 4 paragraph post

You should be a scout for GB!

This is ridiculous. Look no further than this thread to find the problem with this whole forum!

Reaction score
slackerbacker said:
"We had some teams inquire about (Davenport) but nothing ever came to fruition," Thompson said. "It was difficult. He's done everything we asked. He battled through injuries. I'm sure Najeh will be working somewhere tomorrow."

Call me stupid (easy Mackie and Lazy), but wouldn't something for Davenport been better than nothing?? Or, why not keep Davenport until you find someone you like better??

"I'm never going to be reluctant to help our team," Thompson said. "We haven't had those offers over the last couple of days. People normally call you with people they're going to release and try to get something for that. We haven't had that option.

Really, well actions speak louder than words TT. Frankly, I think you've been very reluctant to help this year's team based on the lack of moves thus far. The Vikings cut a veteran OL (Liwienski) that could provide some depth @ RG and LT, why not give this guy a look. I know; he doesn't fit the scheme. Earth to TT, none of our guys fit the scheme either!

"Certainly we value draft picks, I've said that over and over."

And how's that philosophy working for us?? Answer.....

"The departure of Hawkins in the near future leaves just five of Thompson's 11 picks from his '05 draft on the 51-man roster. Nick Collins and perhaps Brady Poppinga are starters; Aaron Rodgers, Mike Montgomery and Junius Coston are backups; Marviel Underwood and Kurt Campbell are on injured reserve; Terrence Murphy was forced to retire; and Will Whitticker and Craig Bragg were cut."

So much for building through the draft hu?? Oh it sounds good and looks good on paper but.....

"The departure of Peterson, a third-round pick, leaves Nick Barnett as the only player left from Sherman's nine-man draft class of '03. Peterson finished with four sacks in all games, including three last year when he was somewhat effective as an inside rusher in the 4-1 defense."

Dittos, it's just not that easy to do it solely through the draft.

"He will not, however, be adding someone the caliber of a starter."

"The list of players released Saturday bore very few big names, so the odds are Thompson will be picking up someone young and full of potential."

Wow, that's encouraging!

Discuss.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
haha keep up the good fight aadp!

you hear that trom. two green bay packer fans, who happen to believe the team is a lot better than most "fans" are thinking they will be.... are the problem with this whole site.

we should be ashamed of ourselves... . how dare we cheer for our team!

back to the pile!!! i mean topic

davenport had his chances, and looked like crap this preseason.... we may miss him but i feel ok with ahman and gado, and noah herron looks solid as well

and whats wrong with picking up someone young and full of potential. you guys wanna sell the future of the franchise for one, quick run at the playoffs... and with the shaky foundation we have... young and full of potential sounds great to me!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
way to contribute, pyle.

im comfortable with ahman,samkon,noah...davenport can poop in another teams locker room.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
comical, not interesting, not packers related, comical

I ... personally can not WAIT til we starting playing GAMES THAT COUNT so this non sense will have some supporting proof.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
im comfortable with ahman,samkon,noah...davenport can poop in another teams locker room.

Your comfortable with:
Ahman - coming back from major injury and showed he had slowed down before the injury.
Gado - Had a couple of good games last year with a minor fumbling problem.
Herron - Rookie / undrafted???

?????????????????

You must think that the rest of the teams in the division have Pro-Bowl backfields. Maybe it is the O-Line that lets you rest assured.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
back to the pile wasnt a reference to you *******

its a quote from south park

if i address you it would be pYle... or wrong... you respond to both by now

Members online

Latest posts