TT Cut Comments

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
yep
spitz are solid players

Spitz is solid huh? I guess you missed him getting dominated on everyplay against the Bengals. The other guys were not even brought in by TT.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if dominated means he didnt pancake guys every play, yeah, he got dominated.

and i said he didnt bring the others in. read what i write before you reply, please.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

and i said he didnt bring the others in. read what i write before you reply, please.

Trom: I think Spitz has the potential to be a solid player, but he is a rookie and you have to be kidding about the Cinnci game.

You are damned straight "he didnt pancake guys every play" more like he got the offensive player equivalent of pancaked -- thrown around like a rag doll.

He owned up to having a bad game, as did the coaching staff -- feel free to take off the 'Teddy-Thompson-all-is-good-glasses' any time.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:
tromadz said:

Trom: I think Spitz has the potential to be a solid player, but he is a rookie and you have to be kidding about the Cinnci game.

You are damned straight "he didnt pancake guys every play" more like he got the offensive player equivalent of pancaked -- thrown around like a rag doll.

He owned up to having a bad game, as did the coaching staff -- feel free to take off the 'Teddy-Thompson-all-is-good-glasses' any time.

I was pretty sure thats what I saw Bruce

OP
OP
S

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Driver,

Good perceptive posts; I bet you played the game past the H.S. level...yes.

As you pointed out, Spitz and Moll have shown no ability to play @ an NFL level thus far. Each has been consistently bull rushed to the point where most running plays have been blown up before they can get started. This whole zone scheme thing is a bunch of crap as well. 9/10 times, our Guards and Tackles will be covered against a 4/3 Def. They might be inside shoulder or outside shoulder, but essentially they are covered. Therefore, our Gs and Ts are blocking the person right in front of them w/ some help from the C, TE or FB at times. It still comes right down to getting a hat on a hat, your head on the right side, turning and then sealing the DL and then having your Center, TE or FB getting to the 2nd level. The point is our guys can't get step one down yet let alone worry about getting to the second level. We desperately need OL help, but TT's ego won't allow him to do it even though there is some available.

When you get right down to it, things are looking pretty sad this year. It's not that TT couldn't get help if he wanted to, it's that he won't!

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
slackerbacker said:
Driver,

As you pointed out, Spitz and Moll have shown no ability to play @ an NFL level thus far. Each has been consistently bull rushed to the point where most running plays have been blown up before they can get started. This whole zone scheme thing is a bunch of crap as well. 9/10 times, our Guards and Tackles will be covered against a 4/3 Def. They might be inside shoulder or outside shoulder, but essentially they are covered. Therefore, our Gs and Ts are blocking the person right in front of them w/ some help from the C, TE or FB at times. It still comes right down to getting a hat on a hat, your head on the right side, turning and then sealing the DL and then having your Center, TE or FB getting to the 2nd level. The point is our guys can't get step one down yet let alone worry about getting to the second level. We desperately need OL help, but TT's ego won't allow him to do it even though there is some available.

When you get right down to it, things are looking pretty sad this year. It's not that TT couldn't get help if he wanted to, it's that he won't!

yeah your right... TT hates the packers, he wont help them. Its not like his job is on the line or anything... in fact i think they brought him in, just to tear apart the team and make us look stupid.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yep, Harlan said "who should I bring in to destroy the packers?" you know...cuz he hates them, and then decided on TT, who oddly enough helped put together a superbowl winning team in seattle. Odd strategy by harlan, we'll see if it works out for him.

lol

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
High quality, fully developed offensive linemen are not just passed freely around the league from team to team. Even if Thompson was willing to trade for one, who would he be willing to trade? Could we get a good O-lineman for someone like Cullen Jenkins? I doubt it. Jenkins is not even a starter.

At a certain point, a GM has to put his trust in the players he's drafted. Thompson has invested three first-day picks in interior O-linemen in the two years he's been GM, so I don't know how he can be accused of not trying to improve the line. We'll find out in the next two or three years whether or not those picks were good ones.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
slackerbacker said:
Driver,

yeah your right... TT hates the packers, he wont help them. Its not like his job is on the line or anything... in fact i think they brought him in, just to tear apart the team and make us look stupid.

Great post Slacker, I agree with your assessment. The ZB scheme isn't all that different from a regular scheme but relies on your O-line to try to double at the POA and gain control of the DL and then scrape off to the second level. The problem is that these guys are using terrible technique. They are raising up too much instead of using the conventional 6 inch Power Step up and in. At thier size bad technique will result in them getting manhandled as they have been most pre-season. They just lack aggressiveness and don't have the Footwork and Power to give them the chance to be successful againt NFL calibue D-Lineman.

This results in them being unable or too late to get to the second level and the LB's are just filling up the gaps. If they release to soon the D-lineman stuff the RB. It's just pretty much more than they can handle at this time.

GregC, it is not about finding Marquee O-Lineman but more about finding guys who are technically solid and experienced in the grand scheme of the NFL. These guys are just overwhelmed by the game at this point. They got away with in College because the competition wasn't the best in the world. They made up for bad technique with power or quickness. It won't work up here.

TT had a ton of options. He did invest alot of picks on the O-line but he drafted some raw guys. I don't have a problem with that as long as you are not expecting them to comein and make thetransistion to an NFL starter in 4 months. Thats bad leadership and bad forsight. It renders your offense near useless and experienced veterans pay the price. TT has handicapped this entire unit and has not given them the tools to succeed.

There were other options, TT chose perhaps the worst one. I think this is why I and others on here are questioning his ability as a GM.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
pyledriver80 said:
There were other options, TT chose perhaps the worst one.

You should be a scout for GB!

Hmmm, my post was submitted at 4:25 and you read it all and responded with more USELESS non-football junk at 4:26.

You are getting ridiculous man, I am debating Packer football. If you are unable to do so, quit following up on everyone of our posts with some childish baiting ********, and go play video games or something.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
High quality, fully developed offensive linemen are not just passed freely around the league from team to team. Even if Thompson was willing to trade for one, who would he be willing to trade? Could we get a good O-lineman for someone like Cullen Jenkins? I doubt it. Jenkins is not even a starter.

At a certain point, a GM has to put his trust in the players he's drafted. Thompson has invested three first-day picks in interior O-linemen in the two years he's been GM, so I don't know how he can be accused of not trying to improve the line. We'll find out in the next two or three years whether or not those picks were good ones.

good stuff.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:
pyledriver80 said:

Hmmm, my post was submitted at 4:25 and you read it all and responded with more USELESS non-football junk at 4:26.

You are getting ridiculous man, I am debating Packer football. If you are unable to do so, quit following up on everyone of our posts with some childish baiting b.s., and go play video games or something.

no, you obviously know more than people who work in the NFL, and we all want GB to win, so you working for GB is a win\win.

dont call me ridiculous, please.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem is that these guys are using terrible technique. They are raising up too much instead of using the conventional 6 inch Power Step up and in. At thier size bad technique will result in them getting manhandled as they have been most pre-season. They just lack aggressiveness and don't have the Footwork and Power to give them the chance to be successful againt NFL calibue D-Lineman.

just because you use words like 6 inch power step and technique doesnt mean you know what your talking about. it just means you once read a coaching for dummies book and barely understood it. I think id rather listen and trust the coaches that get paid millions than a guy posting in a forum ....

and
and go play video games or something.
making fun of someone for playing video games, while typing on an internet forum, is the equivalent of one ********** calling another ********** a *****.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:
pyledriver80 said:

You are getting ridiculous man, I am debating Packer football. If you are unable to do so, quit following up on everyone of our posts with some childish baiting b.s., and go play video games or something.

no, you obviously know more than people who work in the NFL, and we all want GB to win, so you working for GB is a win\win.

dont call me ridiculous, please.

Replying to a multi paragraph post within 1 minute with something so immature and childish as "you should be GM of the Packer" is well.....Ridiculous, thus rendering you ridiculous and unable to have the ability to have a sensible debate.

We as fans, are aloowed to criticize or praise any moves TT makes. Thats what this forum is for. If you want to speak of facts only than I offer up a 4-12 season and a 1-3 preseason in which GB was completely embarrassed by the Bengals. This is fact, so what do your base your TT loyalty on? Please makeit FACT since this is the only thing we are allowed to use, so says you.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
The problem is that these guys are using terrible technique. They are raising up too much instead of using the conventional 6 inch Power Step up and in. At thier size bad technique will result in them getting manhandled as they have been most pre-season. They just lack aggressiveness and don't have the Footwork and Power to give them the chance to be successful againt NFL calibue D-Lineman.

just because you use words like 6 inch power step and technique doesnt mean you know what your talking about. it just means you once read a coaching for dummies book and barely understood it. I think id rather listen and trust the coaches that get paid millions than a guy posting in a forum ....

and [quote:3bb6mz28]and go play video games or something.
making fun of someone for playing video games, while typing on an internet forum, is the equivalent of one ********** calling another ********** a *****.[/quote:3bb6mz28]

And replying with nothing more than useless garbage that has nothing to do with Packer football and is directed solely at me is equivelant to baiting.

Me and Slacker were discussing football techniques. It's something I enjoy doing with other people who have played/understand the game. Noone mentioned you yet you felt the need to chime in. I don't get it?

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

making fun of someone for playing video games, while typing on an internet forum, is the equivalent of one ********** calling another ********** a *****.

i HATE it when that happens!!! :wink:

seriously guys, let's just say it's gonna be a rough season, throw back some cold ones, & call it a day.

football is supposed to be fun & entertaining - let it be, ok?? :)

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im cool with that girl..... but why do we have to accept that we are gonna be a bad team.

i beat you to the cold one though

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
seattle seahawks played in last years superbowl

built by ted thompson.

FACT.

Fact! Ted Thompson was with the GB Packers last year!

Fact! Ted Thompson was the their vice president of football operations. A virtual branch on a tree. Bob Ferguson was the General Manager after Holmgren

Fact! Ted leaves and Seattle goes to the Super Bowl.

Is this really the best you have got?

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why do we have to accept we're gonna be bad?? cause at this point, there's nothing we can do about it!

we can moan, groan, complain, *****, & whine about why it happened forever or we can accept the fact that it did, live through the next few seasons as TRUE packer fans, enjoy the last games with favre, & drink heavily to drown our sorrows. i choose the latter.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
name a GM that took his team to the superbowl in his first year....

that fact that ted left seattle and they went to super bowl is rifreakindiculous.

Members online

Latest posts