TT and MM looking a little smarter now...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The Packers were expected to win, and did not let us down..

In fact they performed very very well from what I have been seeing and reading..So what that they were the Cards, look at it this way..

The team is ABLE to do what it takes to win..Knowing the plays, how to execute them, and play error free football..Which to me is something that was missing the 1st few weeks..

Now lets see how they do vs teams thaqt have more talent or better coaching then the Cards had..That will tell us how much this team has come since week 1..

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the job that MM is doing. His play calling has been good and he has gotten Favre and the offense to take care of the ball better. As far as the GM goes I am still on the fence. I'm not sure he has really upgraded the talent on this team. The defense is playing worse than last season. The offensive line IS playing well but I think that is a great tribute to Jags and his system.

Let's just all remember that we have beaten 3 1-win teams, and we haven't faced the plethora of injuries that we saw last season.

We ARE still in the running to accomplish my 12-4 prediction!!!!!

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
for the most part, i am liking MM's coaching style better & better every week. not just because we're winning but because he's aggressive. i LOVE going for it on 4th down & short. even if we don't make those, it's better than punt city, imho! TT? don't know yet.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are doing what they should do. Beat the teams you should beat. Every year everyone looks at the schedule and goes that's an easy win. Well that's probably a lost. That's a toss up.

Green Bay is winning the games that we all thought they could. They are playing very well this year and you can argue that they were the better team on the field in 2 of those 4 loses. Give credit when it's due and it certainly is due now. Consistency is what the Pack need. Frankly Buffalo scares me a little bit since we've struggled there in the past but the Packers "should" win that game. I also feel better about GB beating the Vikings now as long as they take care of the ball in that game.

Overall though nobody thought GB would have a chance at 4-4 during the bye week. The fact is they do and McCarthy deserves a lot of credit.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I am impressed with is that these guys are sticking with the committements regarding what they were going to strive for.

MM said he was going to restore the running game in Green Bay. Now we have all heard 32 other HC's stand at the podium and say they are committed to the running game.

"We want to be able to run the ball effectively". They ALL say it.

MM hires Jago to install the Zone Blocking scheme. TT drafts "body types" that can make that scheme successful.

They don't panic and keep working until it pays off and will continue to strive to make it better.

Now that's putting your committement where your mouth is. It's not all just talk and "hope" that it gets better.

They engaged whole heartedly in making this a reality.

I like that.

Members online

Latest posts