TT 2006 Draft In review

Weissman1989

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, So I've been away for a while but I tend to come back and checkup on everyone and at least read what you all have to say cuz i like just hearing about my football team. (and yes I refer to the packers as, us, my, we because I am apart of the team in my head). But rarly do I post my Ideas, so be kind.

All the talk about this years Draft Class and the optimism in TT decisions had me a wee bit flusterd too. But lets take a look at what he did last year.

1st off the Pack was lucky as **** to get the #5 pick, they were way better than their record, if you remember they lost 3 games by 4 points I think. So they were a good team with a good pick in the Draft.

Lets review the selections.

1. A.J. Hawk
Ok, so pretty much a stud, not a reach, a to be All-pro. Point TT. (1)

2. Daryn Colledge
Good, smart, fill a need player, cuz apparently TT doesnt believe in filling holes this year, but he certainly did last year by drafting 3 lineman when we knew the Line was terrible that year. Just calling TT out on his ******** excuse of not filling needed positions. Im going to say no point as he wasnt a shocking talent. TT (1)

2. Greg Jennings
I love it, Jennings has a great skill set and we all saw how he did his ROOKIE year with a bum ankle, shows great potential. What a pick, somewhat of a sleeper out of the WR class because he was a Western Michigan. Great pick TT, point TT (2)

3. Abdul Hodge
I like Hodge a lot, Solid MLB, stepped in and played well, returned a fumble recovery for a touchdown, and could be a great trade value in a year or two since we have Barrnet locked up, and if not, a solid backup. Great 3rd round Pick TT, point TT (3)

3. Jason Spitz
Young Athletic gaurd, played like a 3rd rounder, but still a great value pick, I think, it was a good pick looking back. point TT (4)

4. Cory Rodgers
Dont know much, so HELP

4. Will Blackmon
I love him, I love him so much i forgot that he was a late 4th rounder, good scouting TT, point TT (5)

Well I think TT did a great job with the beginning and I dont really consider any picks after the 4th round because i think it becomes a "needle in a haystack" type thing. but feel free to comment on these last ones if you wish.

5. Ingle Martin
5. Tony Moll
6. Johnny Jolly
6. Tyrone Culver
7. Dave Tollefson

Overall, I remember last year I was kinda pissed on the reaches and the linemen from "flippin BYU?" but looking back, it was a great step. He proved himself one year, and I trust him this year.

Thanks for listening to my 2 cents

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory Rodgers was cut, cuz the egomaniacal proud TT seen it wasn't going to work out (gun incident, couldnt return kicks,etc)

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brady Poppinga was from BYU. I think that's worked out nicely.

The 2006 draft was pretty damn good. 4 starters in one draft? Yes please.

OP
OP
W

Weissman1989

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:

Oh hells yea it has, and Amen TT. That is why we should all have his back this year.

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Out of the first 7 picks, 4 are starters, one is a key depth guy and another was hurt last season and should compete for a spot in our DB. I think most GMs would take that without question.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:

Oh hells yea it has, and Amen TT. That is why we should all have his back this year.

I'm not saying YOU did this, but people *****ed about last years draft very similar to how they are now.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Out of the first 7 picks, 4 are starters, one is a key depth guy and another was hurt last season and should compete for a spot in our DB. I think most GMs would take that without question.

I would rather had M. Rivera and M.Whale protecting Favre & clearing running lanes for green than colledge and moll

and Jennings looked completly lost in games during the second half of the season in '06

i would rather have Walker than GJ

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arles said:

I would rather had M. Rivera and M.Whale protecting Favre & clearing running lanes for green than colledge and moll
Moll? I take it you mean Spitz? Rivera's on his last legs and is starting to slow down. I think GB's interior line will be very good this season.

and Jennings looked completly lost in games during the second half of the season in '06
The fact he was hurt probably had an impact on that.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I agree that a lot of TT's draft picks from 2006 are contributing, I wouldn't necessarily think that that is any indication that the same thing will happen this year. There's a huge difference between picking at #5 as opposed to picking at #16.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
5. Ingle Martin
5. Tony Moll
6. Johnny Jolly
6. Tyrone Culver
7. Dave Tollefson

Martin - some good attributes, not a bad pick to add a 3rd stringer to develop.
Moll - great pickup. He contributed well at guard and RT. Should develop into a solid player
Jolly - solid pick that got stuck at the bottom of a deep set of DTs. Hopefully will develop into a solid backup.
Culver - flashed potential, but needs to gain experience. Should push for more playing time this year.
Tollefson - cut, 7th round miss

Out of 12 picks there are 4 starts and 6 backups on the roster. I know the team lacked depth, but anyone would be hard-pressed to get better results.

This year I believe the TT didn't see that many holes on the roster. There are several young players fighting to fill each of the holes at TE, WR, RB, S, etc. Therefore the montra for the this draft was BPA in order to improve depth. Last year there were so many glaring holes that TT had to draft for need.

This is a very talented, but inexperienced team that has been assembled. It will be interesting to see how they put things together on the field.

GO PACK GO!!!

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arles said:

are you sure about that...

Mike Wahle had a terrible season last year. and he helped the panther limp to an 8-8 season. so youd rather have an old guy steadily decling or a young guy with potential.

because their teams had the same record last year, and ours is going up while theres is going down. and bringing in guys like him is part of that.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arles said:

Let's assume Wahle and River's cap space went to Pickett and Woodson.

Which foursome would you rather have:
Wahle, Rivera (career is probably done btw), Allen/Williams, Carroll
OR
Colledge, Spitz, Pickett, Woodson

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you are living in today you are damn glad the change over of the interior "0" line has happened AND gone as smoothly as it has.

I think a team to look at how it reacts to change will be KC this year. They have lost that bigtime "0" line thru age and would bet they will be happy as hell to transition to a new group as well as we have faired.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
Arles said:

OR

Whale, Walker, Green, Colledge, Colin Cole, Woodson, Gamble, Cory Williams.

Did the fact that the Packers had two rookie Gaurds in 2005 have something to do with a 4-12 record.
You have a solid line, a great qb, 1000 yrd back, 1000 yrd WR, ProBowl TE, and you don't sign your starting G's. you let them go.
and drop from 10-6 to 4-12
to me, it was outright disrespectful to a Hall of Fame QB.
Why not build on the 10-6 team? keep the key players

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
Arles said:

Mike Wahle had a terrible season last year. and he helped the panther limp to an 8-8 season. so youd rather have an old guy steadily decling or a young guy with potential.

because their teams had the same record last year, and ours is going up while theres is going down. and bringing in guys like him is part of that.

I don't feel Moll, or spitz has more potential than Whale

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
dhpackr said:
Arles said:

And why is that? Cuz they were rookies? Didn't have a pro bowl year?

And as we all know, if you aren't a pro bowler in your first 2 years, you suck and will never be good ever ever.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
Packnic said:
dhpackr said:
Arles said:

And as we all know, if you aren't a pro bowler in your first 2 years, you suck and will never be good ever ever.

No, b/c Whale is a gifted athlete. Whale played TE, could dunk a basketball, was extremly mobil on plays where he had to pull. Whale is just more athletic than Moll, or Spitz.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
dhpackr said:
Packnic said:
dhpackr said:
Arles said:

could dunk a basketball

Well that seals it then.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
tromadz said:
dhpackr said:
Packnic said:
dhpackr said:
Arles said:

could dunk a basketball

Well that seals it then.

lol dunk a basketball, how many basketball hoops do you see on a football field?if you have ever been on other sites where there is cowboy fans they were b**ching up a storm at how bad Rivera sucked, and Wahle yes he was good but some say he did bad for Carolina. O-line is all about chemistry we have our LG C RG locked up with us for a long time and Clifton and Taushcher should be here a long time as well.

uwbadger12000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MassPackersFan said:
dhpackr said:
Arles said:

OR

There is this called a salary cap. Evidently the National Football League has it.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
MassPackersFan said:
dhpackr said:
Arles said:

OR

There is this called a salary cap. Evidently the National Football League has it.
:rotflmao:

Members online

Latest posts