Tryone Calico, Peter Warrick, Charles Rodgers

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, Warrick is a stud KR/PR. Seatlle just cut him loose because they're deep at the position, and they have other KRs. To my knowledge, he's been fine in camp.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
kmac said:
Yeah, Warrick is a stud KR/PR. Seatlle just cut him loose because they're deep at the position, and they have other KRs. To my knowledge, he's been fine in camp.

They're deep at WR? Why the interest in Deion Branch? Jackson injured?

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've heard that DJ Hackett has been a plesant surprise.

But yeah, I was wrong. They're not that deep at WR, just average or maybe a little better.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish the Packers would have made a move for Raidahs WR Doug Gabriel. Gabriel is a big target down field and has speed (21 yards per kick off return with 4 over 40 yrds.)

The Patriots took him though and you watch what he will do when Brady is throwing him the ball.

Missed the boat on this guy!

R.P.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need one more receiver. But right now I'm all for developing Jennings and letting him play. The key for these receivers however isn't Driver or Jennings, it's Ferguson. If he can't or won't go across the middle, can't get ope and doesn't start catching some balls, then you have to move him and find someone who can If he however finally grows up into the receiver many thought he could be, then we might be ok. This is all provided the line can protect Favre long enough to get him the ball.

Ninerzownu

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Calico has a little potential. Only because of his speed though.

Charles Rodgers is so young and the Lions were so sold on him he must have really shown them he doesn't want to play football. I'd stay away from him.

Peter warrick is short. On top of being short he's not going to burn many DBs. Usually you want a big guy as a possesion reciever so he can go up for the ball or just be a big target in the middle. Gotta give him credit though he's stayed in the NFL a lot of years as a slow short guy.

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if calico could stay healthy i would take a look but hes been hurt sense coming to the nfl and cant stay on the field

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Taking a WR that was cut by the Eagles is like someone taking an OL from us after we cut them.

When a team has a weakness and is cutting players, you don't target them.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:shock: Deion Branch may be headed to Seattle per the rumor mills; he's accepted the offer and now it's up to Bellichek and Co. Hopefully TT and Mm will bring ina Wr or two for a look see this week?

fondypackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think one of the reason's Warrick was cut was he was hurt a majority of camp. I like Calico he is younger, faster and taller then Warrick.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
fondypackfan said:
I think one of the reason's Warrick was cut was he was hurt a majority of camp. I like Calico he is younger, faster and taller then Warrick.

I'm liking Warrick as a returner. Bigger guys don't usually fair too well as returner.

Allen Rossum, Mel Gray, Desmond Howard are three of the better ones that come to mind and I believe each was under 6 foot.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Dariius Watts from Denver would be a good choice!

I like Watts as well. I think he's a good fit for the offense and he comes fron Denver which runs something similar to Green Bay. On the downside he hasn't been very productive. Last year he only caught a couple passes.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
pyledriver80 said:
Dariius Watts from Denver would be a good choice!

I like Watts as well. I think he's a good fit for the offense and he comes fron Denver which runs something similar to Green Bay. On the downside he hasn't been very productive. Last year he only caught a couple passes.

Could be worth a look, I always notice him in preseason.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know that there are people here that want Calico for his talent, but he's basically another Rod Gardner. A very talented, big WR that runs ****** routes and drops balls.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kmac said:
I know that there are people here that want Calico for his talent, but he's basically another Rod Gardner. A very talented, big WR that runs ****** routes and drops balls.

Yeah he doesn't have reliable hands. That was his weakness coming into the NFL.

Ninerzownu

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kmac said:

Agreed on Calico but he's the best available atm.

Your sig is false ! Hawk will be to tired from making every single tackle for your defense all year so vernon will pound him !

Vernon won't be tired because watching alex get sacked 100 times isn't very strenuous.

Latest posts