1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

True Blue Brew Crew: The 2010 Milwaukee Brewers

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Jess, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    Baseball fans, we needed a thread to discuss the Crew.

So, what's everyone's outlook for 2010? I'm thinking wild card or bust. Randy Wolf and Doug Davis are in the fold, now, so our pitching shouldn't suck as bad as it did last year. Obviously we're going to score runs with Fileder and Braun. Hopefully Hoffman has another year in him. I really like this team this year. I don't think we'll compete for the division because St. Louis looks to be a World Series contender, but I will be disappointed if we aren't at least in the Wild Card race at the end of the year.

2. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    We should be a Wild Card contender I believe, and yea, I doubt we can keep up with the Cards. They made the big moves that I wanted the Brewers to make, but oh well, I'm still very excited. Possible lineup? --

SS - Escobar
    2nd - Weeks
    LF - Braun
    1st - Fielder
    3rd - (McGehee) Gamel
    RF - (Hart) Gerut
    C - (Gomez) Gerut
    Catcher - (Zaun) Kottaras

The lineup seems about the same to me as last year (Still very powerful and potent, but lacking near the bottom). Only major difference is this lineup is really really fast. I expect to see us stealing a lot of bases, and being much more aggressive on the bases this year. I am not looking forward to watching Hart again this year though, this guy is a weak link batting, and the outfield, and I just don't like his approach. I still think him and Gamel could be traded for an outfielder or prospects seeing as how we have about 4 guys who can play 3B. And the Brewers have yet to agree with Hart on arbitration/contract talks. So we could be saying bye to him.

Rotation:
    Gallardo
    Wolf
    Davis
    Parra
    Suppan / Bush

As all Brewers fans know, the starting rotation last year was absolutely pathetic. Only the Nationals were worse in the NL. People see Suppan and Parra battling for the 5th spot, but I see it this way. Hopefully Manny wont be a head case this year. Overall, this lineup has improved a ton from last year, and it looks like we have a decent 1-2 punch, with Doug Davis returning as a very solid starter. Like I said, Parra could show us this year what we had a tiny glimpse at last year, or he could be a full-time headcase again. And well.. Bush and Suppan are just themselves...

Bullpen:
    Closer - Hoffman
    Set Up - (Coffey)
    Hawkins
    Stetter
    Vargas
    Villanueva

The bullpen on paper seems to be a rock. This is a really strong group assuming Hoffman can hold up as he is getting up there in age. Probably the strongest part of the team. Now lets just hope the Starters don't give up handfulls of runs all the time and force Macha to wear out the BP again.

3. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    What team is this lol?

The Brewers?

Im a Cleveland Indian enjoy your thread, Ill be back at the end of the season when we win the World Series!!!!!!

4. AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan Section 121 Row 47

Ratings:
    +339
    Can't see us contending for a playoff spot. Gallardo needs to step up and be an ace. Not only that we need a decent number two pitcher in our staff. I just don't see this happening. Too many holes in our line up as well. Sadly I think this year will be more of the same thing we saw last season. I think the Cubs will be much better this season than they were last season, unfortunately. Nevertheless.....GO CREW!!!!! Hopin' to get to a few more games than I did last season.

5. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    What do you think Wolf is for? lol

6. charlotte

charlotte Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Such a long season and so much can happen. I would hope we get at least a wildcard. How much farther we go largely depends on our health and the health of the stronger (richer) contenders.

My main area of glee is our owner. Dude's not afraid to spend money and put that money where his mouth is. I love his "everyman" quality - sitting in the stands with the peeps, being just a regular guy. Plus the deals and packages they have for the fan are pretty good. Attanasio is more than aware of just who the fanbase in Milwaukee is.

Gonna be a fun ride! Hey, at least we all think we have a shot!

7. Tecmo

Tecmo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    Suppan to the bullpen please. What a wa$te.

8. monkeyracer43

monkeyracer43 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The brewers, at least on paper, have decent depth in the starting rotation. Gallardo and Wolf will be a nice 1-2. If DD returns to his 2008 form, we could have one of the top 5 rotations in the NL. If they can duplicate their offensive production from last year, they'll be at least in the running for the card. If Parra or Bush can step up and have a decent year, watch out...

9. AllouezPackerFan

Ratings:
    +339
    Sheets just signed with the A's. I wish we still had him. I liked him. Suppan HAS to go.

10. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    I don't see Suppan in the rotation this year. I think that's going to limit the damage he can do.

1. Gallardo
    2. Wolf
    3. Bush
    4. Davis
    5. Parra

Bush isn't a number 3 starter in this league, and that worries me. Otherwise, if Parra can finally live up to the hype, I like the rotation a lot.

11. AllouezPackerFan

Ratings:
    +339

I would like it a lot better if Gallardo and Parra started pitching to their potential.

12. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    Let us all say hello to the new Road Alternates...

[​IMG]

I LOVE these jerseys. Love them. They're better than their normals by a mile. I still prefer the old-school 80's style pinstriped jerseys, but these are now firmly in 2nd place.

13. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    Great news today, 157 of 162 games will be televised. I don't remember the number being that high last year, but it could've been. The better news is that every single game on FS Wisconsin, all 136 of them, are in HD this year. And thank god.

14. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    In 17 minutes, it's OPENING DAY!

One of the best sporting days of the year. I'll be watching Milwaukee during the day, and I'm looking really forward to Twins/Angels as the nightcap.

15. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Go cubs go!!!!!!!

Cant wait to take over chicagos largest suburb, milwaukee!!!

16. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    This topic needs more Cleveland!

17. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273

Actually this topic needs more cowbell

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4royOLtvmQ]YouTube - CowBell[/ame]