Troy Vincent

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Troy has expressed that he would like to play a year or two more, what are the thoughts of the forum on adding him to help fill a void for a year or two?

He brings:
* High Character - head of the players association
* Great field presence and football knowledge
* Still has pretty good range and ball skills
* Would be assignment steady
* Is a vocal leader

PS - Wisconsin alumni - okay that is being a homer:)

Thoughts?

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he is like 36, to old I dont want him. How about Ken Hamlin???????????????????

I really think the Packers should consider coverting Woodson over to FS. It would extend his career, and we would have the natural ball hawking FS, that Sharper was a LOOOOnng time ago.

In order for this to happen though, there has to be a replacement for Woodson at CB, which I don't think is on the roster.

So I think what we are going to have is a good camp battle between Manuel, Underwood, Culver, and a possible rookie. If Manuel or Underwood win out, I think Collins plays free safety. However, if Culver earns the spot, Collins gets to play the SS position where I think he is most suited.

Bringing in an old veteran like Vincent or to a lesser extent, Hamlin is unnecessary in my opinion.

Reaction score
IMO, the reason Collins was so good his rookie season was because of Roman.

I think Roman is a better leader compared to Manuel, and he can better communicate. I'd have to think Vincent is also a better leader than Manuel, so he would certainly be an improvement in that department.

However, I'm afraid Troy Vincent is no longer a starter. He'd be a over priced backup with his regressing skills. There I'd have to say I don't think he'd be too much use on the Packers.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
However, I'm afraid Troy Vincent is no longer a starter. He'd be a over priced backup with his regressing skills. There I'd have to say I don't think he'd be too much use on the Packers.

I agree, but I think he will be a vet min. type player that could be used for depth or spot starter.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:
he is like 36, to old I dont want him. How about Ken Hamlin???????????????????

I really think the Packers should consider coverting Woodson over to FS. It would extend his career, and we would have the natural ball hawking FS, that Sharper was a LOOOOnng time ago.

In order for this to happen though, there has to be a replacement for Woodson at CB, which I don't think is on the roster.

EXACTLY!

Perhaps this is why the P.F.T. Mock Draft has the Packers drafting Drafting CB Chris Houston out of Arkansas with the 16th pick.

Now you can respond and trash P.F.T. and if you do you are not looking at the whole picture and closing your eyes.

Two people on this forum that know "FIRST HAND" about Woodson at F.S.

CelticRaider and R.P.

It is not that we are smarter than you, because we are not. It is just because Woodson has been a big part of our focus for a lot longer than many here.

I am sure Celtic would agree with me... Woodson at FS is the future, if not next year it is the year after for sure, and drafting a stud at CB like Houston would make it a formidable horror for any NFL QB playing the Packers.

R.P.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but woodson is moody, that's the long and the short of it. would he be happy to play FS? Wasn't a main part of the reason he signed with GB because we'd actually let him play CB and not make him play safety? I am not saying that the organization should cater to every whim of every player but a happy woodson is a productive woodson.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
I really think the Packers should consider coverting Woodson over to FS.

EXACTLY!

Perhaps this is why the P.F.T. Mock Draft has the Packers drafting Drafting CB Chris Houston out of Arkansas with the 16th pick.

Oh god, please tell me we did not just shell out 50 million for a wannabe safety in Woodson. Woodson is an awesome cornerback. People talk about extending his career but, the guy has an incredible talent to play corner, putting him at safety is not getting the most out of his talent. In my opinion, if the guy cant play cornerback, we need to cut him.

We didnt not bring him here @ 50 million to be a converted safety. It would be like putting Ladanian Tomlinson at full time receiver because he can catch pretty good. Rather than outthinking ourselves, why not just get a good safety and have an awesome defensive backfield.

Its not as if we have no room under the cap!!!!!!!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chris Houston is great at press coverage. He'd be a great fit for the Packers. I really believe he's going to turn out to be the best CB in this Draft Class ahead of Leon Hall. I don't think he falls any farther than the Giants. I am very high on him. I would not mind Woodson at FS but Collins played there last year. Collins played SS his rookie year. You can't keep moving Collins around in my opinion so the Packers are better off doing it now or not doing it ever in my opinion.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

EXACTLY!

Oh god, please tell me we did not just shell out 50 million for a wannabe safety in Woodson. Woodson is an awesome cornerback. People talk about extending his career but, the guy has an incredible talent to play corner, putting him at safety is not getting the most out of his talent. In my opinion, if the guy cant play cornerback, we need to cut him.

We didnt not bring him here @ 50 million to be a converted safety. It would be like putting Ladanian Tomlinson at full time receiver because he can catch pretty good. Rather than outthinking ourselves, why not just get a good safety and have an awesome defensive backfield.

FLA... I am sure, or would hope that you did not mean to do it... But that is NOT my quote above that you posted as Quoted By Raider Pride.

What you just did was take some of Dakota's post and some of my post, merger them together and post it as my post..... Quoted as RAIDER PRIDES POST.

(Anyone can scroll up and see that.)

Do you work for the National Enquirer? Are you a former Bill Clinton, or George Bush speach writer?

If you want to quote a member here then quote them verbatim, and do not do a mix and match two individual peoples thoughts to fit your point.

R.P.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Collins suffered by moving over and needs to go back and that we should not change things around this year but consider that after a CB like Blackmon or Houston or whom ever is ready.

Until Woodson is no longer as good of CB as the guy behind him it does not make sense to me to move him.

Put the best guys in their best positions. We got away from that with Collins last year and it does not work.

This move is in the cards but pressing the button now is too soon.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Raider Pride said:

EXACTLY!

FLA... I am sure, or would hope that you did not mean to do it... But that is NOT my quote above that you posted as Quoted By Raider Pride.

What you just did was take some of Dakota's post and some of my post, merger them together and post it as my post..... Quoted as RAIDER PRIDES POST.

(Anyone can scroll up and see that.)

Do you work for the National Enquirer? Are you a former Bill Clinton, or George Bush speach writer?

If you want to quote a member here then quote them verbatim, and do not do a mix and match two individual peoples thoughts to fit your point.

R.P.

Yea sorry bro, i was having a little problem with the quote thingy. No offense :)

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He signed with Rosenhaus which means, hands off. He's a player I'd have loved to have had five years ago. but not today.

Members online

Latest posts