1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Troubling signs from Woodson

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

I said he didn't look like he was trying too. He looked pathetic!!

I mentioned this after the game and possibly during the game. It was pathetic. He slowed down a bit then sped up then slowed down. It was classic Ahmad Carroll give up on the play crap.

Anothing thing of note on Woodson when he was asked why he chose Green Bay, his answer was "money".

2. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    He is not washed up (as I've heard before) he is lazy, if he would put effort in his work he would be fantastic (again)...he also sounds like a greedy bastard

3. majikman

majikman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hate to say it, but this was the knock on him all along in the NFL before he was signed.

Not sure why people are surprised by it now.

4. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You all are unfortunately saying the same thing that my friend the Raiders fan said.

When I heard Woodson signed with the Pack, I immediately called him to rub it in his face. Well, he came over and we had some dinner and some beers and he set me straight. "He has tremendous potential, and could be the best shutdown cornerback in the league," my friend the Raiders fan said, "but he never will be because he's lazy. He doesn't work out. He relies too much on his physical abilities. And he always gets injured."

Well, that wasn't the conversation word for word, but a summary of it. After our talk, I was bummed. I was thinking it was a big waste of money.

I sincerely hope my friend the Raiders fan is wrong and Woodson turns out to be the next Deion Sanders. But so far, my friend the Raiders fan seems to be right. :(

5. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I was pretty stoked about the signing. From what I heard his lack of effort was because of the coaching staff which numerous players came publically out against. I had hoped a fresh start for him would mean great things for he and the team.

I'm thinking I was wrong, big time.

Atleast he can return punts, right??

6. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    when I first heard the pack signed Woodson I remembered his years at Michigan he was good. I thought maybe he would do the same in Green Bay, and he still has time to do that, I hope he will.

7. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Heh, better than the last guy we had. I see Woodson breaking one this year.

8. PackFanInSC

PackFanInSC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Could his reputation as a "cover corner" and teams throwing at the other corner kind of lull him into complacency? Or does this sound to anyone else like attention deficit? Does he need Ritalin, Adderall, or Straterra to help maintain his concentration?

In light of Manuel's struggles, maybe we should go ahead and move Woodson to safety and let Carroll back in at CB - It would allow Carroll to get more experience since, due to his age, he will probably be here long after Woodson and Manuel are gone.

9. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Funny, I was thinking that too. Move Woodson to safety and put Carroll back at CB. A lot of people on this forum hate Carroll, but I see him as someone with a lot of potential (and he's probably the fastest guy on the team) that needs to be coached correctly. Carroll was not a wasted #1 pick. When this kid matures, he's going to be good. He just needs time, discipline, and coaching.

Woodson needs a strong coach that won't put up with his crap. I think he would be great under Holgrem.

Manuel just seems like a waste. I'd rather see Woodson and Collins back there with Harris and Carroll our CBs. Get these guys to communicate properly and we'll have a decent secondary.

10. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Dump Manuel.
    Move Woodson to Saftety.
    Move Carroll to CB.
    Fire Schottenheimer.
    Hire anyone not named Schottenheimer to replace him.

11. Lare

Lare Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If Woodson has problems with attitude, ambition and aging, moving him to safety isn't going to help. I say chalk this one up to another TT free agent miscalculation and move on. We're better off with a young player getting experience than an old player getting overpaid.

As the old saying goes, why throw good money away after bad?

12. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    An athlete with a lot of talent who doesn't work at it, is simply a talented player who doesn't work hard. A talented play who works hard, prepares well, gives his best all the time is a superstar. Woodson may have Hall of Fame talent, but he lacks the one thing that could get him there, it's called character. He's selfish, self-centered with a "me first" attitude and guys like that can be dangerous on a team that needs leaders. Unfortunately, too often the young players look at guys like this as role models because of that talent.

13. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting article. In the off season, I was surprised to hear that Thompson was even considering signing Woodson, because he seemed like such a bad fit for this team due to his age and attitude. I wasn't even sure that he would be an upgrade over Carroll. Woodson has been okay at CB, but nothing special. I think he has much more potential as a punt returner. That job is a better fit for him because it's more about using his natural talents and instinct. I think he will pay some dividends there, but it won't be enough to make him worth the money unless he really steps it up at CB.

14. Yared-Yam

Yared-Yam Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Woodson is a hardhitting corner? When did that happen

15. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I stated this all along and was bashed over and over for it.

16. majikman

majikman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Possibly could have signed Hutchinson for that kind of money.

17. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Golly that would have been nice!! Two big plus's from that. One, the Vikings dont have him and obviously the second is we would! The big negative though we'd have Carroll starting :( Not to mention who would be taking Carrolls place. Jason Horton?

You're bashed over and over because... well no one likes negativity, no one.
    You say you said Woodson would suck, imagine that. You saying something negative about the Packers (whom u state r not a fan of)!

After three games an a poorass pre-season showing you sir are correct. Woodson has lost a LOT. I hope he turns it up a knotch, but it really doesn't look like he wants to. He gives me the impression of someone whos jus going through the motions and collecting a huge paycheck.

I think Woodson is not our biggest concern on defense. I have to say one of Ted's other signings, Marquand Manuel is far worse. Followed by one his draft picks, Brady Poppinga.

I've seen positives out of every starter when reviewing the games except those two. Poppinga is fair against the run, Manuel isn't too bad against the run. But against the Pass we might as well only field 9 guys out there.

18. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    So true but again looking back most NFL people and you hear this all the time on ESPN would agree that spending the money on a CB was the right move. Usually on the offensive line it's your tackles (mainly your QB's blind side) that gets the big bucks.

With that said if you could go back in time then Hutch as of now would of been the guy.

19. majikman

majikman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Could you imagine if the offensive line was...

Clifton, Hutchinson, Wells, Wahle, and Tauscher?

Man, that would be awesome.

With a normal blocking scheme, that is..

20. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Hell yes! Even Herron could get 1,000 with that OL lol

21. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Mc Ginn mentions in his article that Woodson is a hard hitter.

I have yet to see any evidence that Woodson is a hard hitter.

Going through the motions is a perfect description of this money grabbing primadonna.

Move him to safety and watch the problems begin, he will become a cancer.

22. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    By fire Stchot,,, you mean a firing squad???

I vote for that !!!

23. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    What a change since this article, huh guys?

24. ~TheJoker~

~TheJoker~ Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't pay any attention to his rambling ;)

25. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Woodsons best season. (his rookie year)
    62 Tackles, 0 Sack, 5 INT's, 1 TD, Passes Defensed 15

Woodson's season after 14 games.
    53 Tackles, 1 Sack, 6 INT's, 1 TD, Passes Defensed 12

Missing out on the Pro Bowl hurts Charles more than Al, lol.