Trom's Breakdown

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
There is a difference between desperation and making poor throws.

He made poor throws :(

The passes to Driver were far from poor.

Zero2Cool said:
It was the first game of the season with two rookie guards. Hell, he was probably scared shitttless of getting slammed around like the last two times the Packers played the Bears lol

That wouldn't surprise me, especially if he thinks the interior line is as crappy as the rest of us.

Zero2Cool said:
Hopefully the next game is in your viewing area so you can understand where I am coming from!!

Not sure where you are going with this. I have Sunday Big Ticket, pal. However, Jennings was pretty much invisible from what I can see. Favre hit Driver most of the time with good passes. Favre's long bombs when he was getting desperate were bad, but they didn't start until the 4th quarter. Then again, you are the one who blamed Favre's 2 picks for losing this game. I have a different opinion:

The Secondary couldn't cover a 6 year old with a blanket. Harris is probably pissed about Woodson's contract so he is ******* it (thanks again, TT) and Woodson looks way overpaid.

Manuel did not live up to his hype at all. Christ, it may as well have been Roman out there.

Collins looked OK.

Barnett looked good.

Kampmann looked good.

I didn't see KGB, Pickett or Cole do alot against the Bears offense. Ditto for Hawk and Poppinga. However, I didn't see either of them mess up.

Driver looked as per norm. A good receiver all around.

Jennings was invisible, and dropped the one pass I did see go his way.

Gado was going nowhere.

Green looked in his old form.

Special Teams leave a LOT to be desired. In short, they are a bloody mess.

It was obvious to anyone watching this game that Favre was not the reason they lost, as it certainly wasn't him who gave up 26 points. Hopefully next game you will pay attention when it is on so you can understand where I am coming from.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
For what it's worth, zero wasn't blaming the loss on Favre throwing those 2 INTs.

Zero2Cool said:
The pass defense and Brett's INT's are what sealed the fate of this game folks.

Sure looks like it.

Brett's INT's sealed the fate? They were down 26-0 with 12 minutes left and no Defense to get the ball back.

Sorry AADP, thats exactly what he said

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
For what it's worth, zero wasn't blaming the loss on Favre throwing those 2 INTs.

Exactly!
I never said Brett's two INT were the reason why we lost. I said those two turn overs sealed the fate. Since some people are so frustrated they can not think clearly I will explain. I believe the two INT's ended any possible chance of the Packers coming back to win the game.

Anubis said:
The passes to Driver were far from poor.
I was speaking about the two INT's, pal.

Anubis said:
Not sure where you are going with this. I have Sunday Big Ticket, pal.

Wasn't referring to you, pal.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
ok, i missed the entire friggin game & to be honest, part of me is glad that i did. when i saw the score & favre's stats, i thought 'oh boy - the favre bashers will be on the prowl'. i have been pleasantly surprised because other than zero, most of you seem to agree that the game was out of reach when favre started 'pushing it' & threw those INT's.

i didn't catch his attempt/completion ratio for today - anybody know??

Brett went 15/29 for 170 yards 4packgirl. The two picks did not come until we were losing 26-0 in the fourth and he finally decided he had to try and force plays if we were to have any chance at all. Not Brett's fault IMO !!!

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
4packgirl said:
ok, i missed the entire friggin game & to be honest, part of me is glad that i did. when i saw the score & favre's stats, i thought 'oh boy - the favre bashers will be on the prowl'. i have been pleasantly surprised because other than zero, most of you seem to agree that the game was out of reach when favre started 'pushing it' & threw those INT's.

Brett went 15/29 for 170 yards 4packgirl. The two picks did not come until we were losing 26-0 in the fourth and he finally decided he had to try and force plays if we were to have any chance at all. Not Brett's fault IMO !!!

Nope, what effect did the 2 INT'S have on this team. Oh wait, instead of losing 26-0 we would have lost 26-14. If that would have happened we would have more "positives" and thats what its all about! Screw winning we just need POSITIVES, baby!

But yeah, those 2 INT's sealed the deal I tell ya

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not gonna sit here and say "oh it's not as bad as it seems' because we did in fact stink this one up pretty badly. There were silver linings, but the fact is we weren't effective at all in all 3 phases of the game and got spanked on our turf.

-We didn't convert 3rd and 4th and short downs.

-We still can't get a pass rush

-Favre still has no time to throw the ball on a consistant basis

-What the hell has become of our secondary? Good gawd.

-I don't think the question is wether or not Favre is done...I think it's wether or not Chad Clifton is in fact done.

-Had to keep the TE's on the line in order to help protect Favre which took away more recieving options and kind of paralyzed us even more in the pass game

-We don't have a KR

-Woodson may be the only viable option as a PR

-Green looked good, IMO. But no matter the numbers the run game wasn't effective in how we needed it to be. We had spurts.

-The rook guards played well for rookies.

-Our run D was solid. Not great and needs improvement, but solid none the less.

-At least the Oline is showing improvement in the zone blocking scheme. Still have our miscues of course, but definite improvement.

-Good Gawd that was a horrible miss on the FG attempt.

-Ryan was "ok" but very inconsistant.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
WinnipegPackFan said:
4packgirl said:

Nope, what effect did the 2 INT'S have on this team. Oh wait, instead of losing 26-0 we would have lost 26-14. If that would have happened we would have more "positives" and thats what its all about! Screw winning we just need POSITIVES, baby!

But yeah, those 2 INT's sealed the deal I tell ya

That's assuming we would have scored at all anyways. Still could have been 26-0 with Favre having no ints.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Yea Cory. That miss on the FG was horrendous! Had some decent distance, but wow. That ball was aimed towards a different zip code!

Our pass defense was terrible!! And that's being polite about it.

kewlbeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre's overthrow of Jennings looked like there was a possibility that Jennings broke off his route and Brett didn't expect it. I'm doubting Brett accidentally threw the ball 10 feet over Jennings head.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
kewlbeans said:
Favre's overthrow of Jennings looked like there was a possibility that Jennings broke off his route and Brett didn't expect it. I'm doubting Brett accidentally threw the ball 10 feet over Jennings head.

Another excellent point. Was that one of the INT's?

I'll have to review the INT's and see if I can dissect the error! (yea right lol)

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kewlbeans said:

No matter who's fault it was it did look like you a miscommunication you're right and I remember seeing Driver "lecture" Jennings on the sideline. Who cares, though. The whole entire game was just freakin' horrible.

edking

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

It was the first game of the season with two rookie guards. Hell, he was probably scared shitttless of getting slammed around like the last two times the Packers played the Bears lol

Hopefully the next game is in your viewing area so you can understand where I am coming from!!

Some people around here really don't understand the game of football.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
edking said:
Zero2Cool said:

I would agree. When you are down by 26 points in the 4th you are going to be going against Defenses expecting the pass. You HAVE to take chances when you are down by 4 scores and 12 minutes left. That it called DESPERATION TIME. Making poor throws is the result of DESPERATION. It is the same thing. Oh wait, he should have thrown it out of bounds and stuck to the gameplan that got him in the 26-0 hole to begin with.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
edking said:
Zero2Cool said:

Couldn't agree with you more.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
edking said:
Zero2Cool said:

I would agree. When you are down by 26 points in the 4th you are going to be going against Defenses expecting the pass. You HAVE to take chances when you are down by 4 scores and 12 minutes left. That it called DESPERATION TIME. Making poor throws is the result of DESPERATION. It is the same thing. Oh wait, he should have thrown it out of bounds and stuck to the gameplan that got him in the 26-0 hole to begin with.

Wow, Pyle. We agree on this issue completely.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
pyledriver80 said:
edking said:
Zero2Cool said:

Wow, Pyle. We agree on this issue completely.

Cory, You are not the only one that agrees completely. The game plan was not working and was not going to work so Brett had to take shots, end of story !!!

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

i coulda swore zero said the 2 ints & something else (pass defense?) cost us the game. :-? if that's NOT what he said or meant, maybe HE should explain what he did mean?!? :wtf:

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
btw: the first time i read the title of this thread 'trom's breakdown' i thought OMG - the dude finally cracked!! LOL, trommykins! :)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
4packgirl said:

i coulda swore zero said the 2 ints & something else (pass defense?) cost us the game. :-? if that's NOT what he said or meant, maybe HE should explain what he did mean?!? :wtf:

I said what I meant. Not my problem some people refuse to pay attention.

The pass defense I feel is the main reason we lost. They kept giving up big plays.

The last prayer we had was taken away with the INT's. Some counter saying he had to force somethings at the end there. Well, that is true, but look at those passes. He had WR open and jus over shot them both.
Thankfully its one game and hopefully things change around. Hopefully lol

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thanks for the explanation, zero. :)

since you apparently have the playbook in hand & know the routes, i guess favre really DID suck by overthrowing the WR's. shucky darns!
lol
lol
lol

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I haven't yet looked at the film. If I get a chance to after class I will.

I think Brett was jumping on someone's *** on one of the picks though.

On the radio and TV they were saying they were Brett's fault 100% but I don't know. My first impression is Brett just made two bad throws there and they took advantage of it.

No one is perfect. I'm not sure why people are getting bent out of shape on this. Guess the loss is clouding their judgement.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a very mature response to a somewhat immature post on my part - i'm proud of you, zero. did i just SAY that?? :) :) :)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
a very mature response to a somewhat immature post on my part - i'm proud of you, zero. did i just SAY that?? :) :) :)

Thanks. :)

It's all good. Just like Brett, we all have are good times and our bad times. Just gotta hope for a better week showing against the Saints.

Okay that's misleading. WEEK showing? lol

Ok. A point filled showing in favor of the Packers to get them in the W column!!

Members online

Latest posts