Trom's Breakdown

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
-our run D was good

-our pass D was garbage

-our run offense was good

-our pass offense was garbage,

-our o-line wasn't bad at all(ask ahman and his 100+ yards). Favre had times where he was under pressure, no doubt, but there were a lot of times where he had time.

-our punter was ok. they returned a punt for a TD on his BEST punt(that doesnt make sense!)

-rayner missed his first attempt at 53. that sucked. :(

-We ran too much. We shoulda passed more. i like staying honest to the run, but we needed to pass more, even though our QBs and WRs werent on the same page.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
-our run D was good

-our pass D was garbage

-our o-line wasn't bad at all(ask ahman and his 100+ yards). Favre had times where he was under pressure, no doubt, but there were a lot of times where he had time.

-our punter was ok. they returned a punt for a TD on his BEST punt(that doesnt make sense!)

-We ran too much. We shoulda passed more. i like staying honest to the run, but we needed to pass more, even though our QBs and WRs werent on the same page.

guess there were some silver linings after all. I cant get over how awful this game was. Lets get rid of Ted Thompson before theres any other damage to be done.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Um Seeing how we are in the rebuilding mode this is expected dont get me wrong i love the pack and sometimes that love can lead me to believe that the are better then they are. This was to be expected since we are in the rebuilding mode. As of now we are lucky because we have only had 1 losing season and probably counting as the Bengals have had losing seasons for like 10-12 years in a row.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope MM says the same thing after the game Trom, then we can really be the laughing stock of the NFL!!!!!
Keep looking through tose TT shaded glasses you have on, this season will be much easier for you.
Terrible game plan, no fire in the coaches, it looked to me that most were just going through the motions the second half.
I am hoping next week is much better, usually a young team can improve between week one and week two.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerChick said:
guess there were some silver linings after all. I cant get over how awful this game was. Lets get rid of Ted Thompson before theres any other damage to be done.

Trom forgot to mention that Special Teams are an absolute mess as well.

The only silver lining coming out of that debacle is that Green is back. For a guy that was being called "washed up", "over the hill" and "on a decline", I must say that 100+ yards is pretty good against what is one of the best defenses in the league. On that note, I would have to say Driver was looking good as well, and made some nice receptions.

The defense made mistakes, but they are correctable IMO. I hope to god they continue to improve. Offensive play was garbage... Not even one trip to the red zone, despite Green's 100+ rushing yards.

What a way to start the season at home. The first scoreless game of Brett Favre's career against our most hated rivals in a 26 point blow-out. Great job, TT!!! :roll:

One more thing... WTF was that annoying sound Fox was playing everytime the QB took a snap, the ball was kicked or the referee made a call??? That was annoying me more then the crappy play on the field!!! :evil: Please tell me Fox isn't broadcasting a lot of Green Bay's games this season...

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i have a feeling the packers are really going to suck next year with out favre.

i dont think rogers can get the job done.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
umair said:
i have a feeling the packers are really going to suck next year with out favre.

i dont think rogers can get the job done.

With TT in charge, I doubt even Vince Lombardi himself could get things done.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
-our run D was good

-our pass D was garbage

As funny as this is whats even funnier is that Trom has now gone into hiding. He will pop his head out when the supporting cast favors him. I love how he picks his spots

subin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched pretty much all the games today, and judging by week 1, we are fans of the worst team in the NFL.

But it's only week 1! Maybe we can end Reggie Bush's season next week or something productive.

Just kidding, I like Reggie Bush.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
So you guya are alright being shut out for the first time in Favre's career.

Shut out at Lambeau is OK with you?

Not alright with me DePack, Teddy's got's lot's of explaining to do !!!

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:
-our run D was good

-our pass D was garbage

As funny as this is whats even funnier is that Trom has now gone into hiding. He will pop his head out when the supporting cast favors him. I love how he picks his spots

what are you babbling about? hush up, coach.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:
-our run D was good

-our pass D was garbage

what are you babbling about? hush up, coach.

No, Trom what happened to this team? You come off with this "know it all" attitude andyousaid this team would be competitive. What the heck went wrong out there?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
The pass defense and Brett's INT's are what sealed the fate of this game folks.

We had a decent running game and our run defense was solid 80% of the game.

Special teams were awful. Missed FG. PR for a TD.

The defense stopped the bears four times forcing them to kick a FG.

But those picks by Brett late in the game really hurt the Packers chances of scoring any points to avoid the shut out.

Anyone who says he threw them because he was hurried didn't watch the game. He had time on both INT's. One was a roll out and the other he was standing in the pocket by his lonesomeness.

To next game fans, next game.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
The pass defense and Brett's INT's are what sealed the fate of this game folks.

We had a decent running game and our run defense was solid 80% of the game.

Special teams were awful. Missed FG. PR for a TD.

The defense stopped the bears four times forcing them to kick a FG.

But those picks by Brett late in the game really hurt the Packers chances of scoring any points to avoid the shut out.

Anyone who says he threw them because he was hurried didn't watch the game. He had time on both INT's. One was a roll out and the other he was standing in the pocket by his lonesomeness.

To next game fans, next game.

zero.....he didn't throw a pick until the game was over. It was 26-0. The goal is to try to win, not just work on your stats or avoid an int. Christ if scoring was the goal then blame MM he still had two timeouts left at the end of the game, I believe.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Relax your attitude kind sir. No Packer fan is pleased with the loss. I understand your frustration. I feel ya.

First pick was with 14 minutes left in the game is hardly saying the game is over. It would have taken a MIRACLE to score four times against the stout Bears D, but to say it was over is ...

Second pick was with 9 minutes left. At that time. It'd have taken more than a miracle.

Remove BOTH those INT's and throw TD's. That cuts the lead down to 12 with more than six minutes to play.

That makes the game winnable.

I mentioned the lack of time out being taken to spare the shut out during the play by play. I apologize I did not restate everything I went over during the play by play. You did make a valid point though.

I should make this perfectly clear before someone blows a gasket.

I don't fault Brett for the loss. It was not SOLEY on him. The packers secondary was awful, jus as awful as the pre season bengal game.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Relax your attitude kind sir. No Packer fan is pleased with the loss. I understand your frustration. I feel ya.

First pick was with 14 minutes left in the game is hardly saying the game is over. It would have taken a MIRACLE to score four times against the stout Bears D, but to say it was over is ...

Second pick was with 9 minutes left. At that time. It'd have taken more than a miracle.

Remove BOTH those INT's and throw TD's. That cuts the lead down to 12 with more than six minutes to play.

That makes the game winnable.

I mentioned the lack of time out being taken to spare the shut out during the play by play. I apologize I did not restate everything I went over during the play by play. You did make a valid point though.

I should make this perfectly clear before someone blows a gasket.

I don't fault Brett for the loss. It was not SOLEY on him. The packers secondary was awful, jus as awful as the pre season bengal game.

Are you kidding me?

Brett played the game the way "you should" for 3 quarters. It resulted in a 26-0 football game. You are saying he should have just kept playing that way.

26-0 with 12 minutes left and no defense to get the ball back is DESPERATION TIME. Sorry, if you think otherwise.

Brett was hurried almost the whole game. Jennings was invisible. No 2nd WR could be found on the field. Saying Brett's 2 INT's sealed the game is obviously ignoring reality.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
zero, I don't have an attitude and being the biggest Favre fan in the world I would have loved going to the office tomorrow and being able to say Favre threw zero picks when I catch **** from all the eagle fans. But Favre is going to go down swinging every time. The game really was over at 26-0 in the 4th quarter. He's always going to try to make the impossible happen. The key is we have to stay in these games, then he can stick to the game plan.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks
pyledriver80 for expressing the facts so well !!

"Brett played the game the way "you should" for 3 quarters. It resulted in a 26-0 football game. You are saying he should have just kept playing that way.

26-0 with 12 minutes left and no defense to get the ball back is DESPERATION TIME. Sorry, if you think otherwise.

Brett was hurried almost the whole game. Jennings was invisible. No 2nd WR could be found on the field. Saying Brett's 2 INT's sealed the game is obviously ignoring reality".

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:

Brett was hurried almost the whole game. Jennings was invisible. No 2nd WR could be found on the field. Saying Brett's 2 INT's sealed the game is obviously ignoring reality.

Maybe if TT had of brought in a quality FA receiver rather than TC fodder Gardner and Boe, Favre could have made something happen.

Wait, I forgot. TT only builds through the draft. :roll:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
There is a difference between desperation and making poor throws.

He made poor throws :(

It was the first game of the season with two rookie guards. Hell, he was probably scared shitttless of getting slammed around like the last two times the Packers played the Bears lol

Hopefully the next game is in your viewing area so you can understand where I am coming from!!

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ok, i missed the entire friggin game & to be honest, part of me is glad that i did. when i saw the score & favre's stats, i thought 'oh boy - the favre bashers will be on the prowl'. i have been pleasantly surprised because other than zero, most of you seem to agree that the game was out of reach when favre started 'pushing it' & threw those INT's.

i didn't catch his attempt/completion ratio for today - anybody know??

Members online

Latest posts