Tromadz Family Night Scrimmage Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
(mods, if you wanna move this to another thread, do what you have to do!)

* The Kickoffs by Cundiff and Raynor were VERY good. Whoever kicks off should get the job dnoe easy there. Raynor had a kick off go THROUGH the endzone!

*A-Rod ....looks great. When did this happen? He was hitting guys perfectly and they would drop them (thats why you have to look beyond numbers,etc). He looked calm in the pocket, and made GREAT decisions and some really good throws. I was very surprised to see him do so well.

*David Martin still looks crappy...Donald Lee seemed to catch almost everything close to him though.

*Jason Hunter, a backup DE, made some really good plays, he blocked a pass, and he forced a fumble. You like to have a guy like that on your team. Ive said it before and will one more time: Our Dline depth is great

*DB Fontenot(NFLE) is not very good. He had a penalty, and got beat a couple times. Just a poor showing.

*Driver was double teamed, Favre threw it anyway, jump ball, Driver catches it. I think we will see that a lot this year.

*Corey Rodgers caught a simple slant, and turned it into a 40 yard(ish) gain! It was cool. Wishom brought him down though.

*The offense had a lot of motion, and a lot of tight, cluster packages. NOt a lot of spread out sets it seemed.

*Gado looks to have added like 15 pounds, but he looks good. So did Herron, who broke a couple good gains. Gado\Herron will make really good backups to Ahman\Najeh.

*Hodge made some GREAT stops, even better stops than HAwk. Hodge is a monster.

*On an A-Rod to Martin deep pass attempt, Carroll interfered(not called, I will have a clip of it shortly, nonbelievers)

*UNderwood had an int, and an allaround good night. I heard his name a bunch(in a good way)

*Jennings was interfered\held, caught it anyway, and went 20 more yards!

*Pass D doesnt look too good though

*Field goal kicking is going to give us all heart attacks. 20 bucks says Edinger is signed before wednesday.

*Gado had a great TD run, and a good block by jennings on it.

Thats basically it. I am gonna get some clips (dvd recorded) and put them up or something.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trom,

Carroll brought down Rogers on that slant play.

I was a little worried about the pass defense. Do you think it's a combination of C-Wood not suiting up and the D-Line not going as hard because they can't sack the QB? There wasn't a lot of QB pressures....

I agree with your take on Rodgers. He looked damn good tonight. He was in total command of the offense and led the 2nd team down the field and to a score against the 1's...impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts