Tromadz 2006 Mock Draft! Come one, come all!

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we get Darnell Bing and Mario Williams I would be satisfied, also I really want Mark Setterstrom, he would fit right in and hasn't missed a start in 4 years!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Based on the recent noninterest in Chatman. We will not draft Williams....oops.....Brandon williams. MM wants big WR's. 175 pounders don't cut it with him.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is what i think will be available and best for the Packers. Davin Joseph keeps rising on draft boards and will not be there for the Packers 3rd pick. I don't like a lot of the receivers available at the 2nd pick.

1st Round

A.J. Hawk LB Ohio State Williams is gone before the Packers draft.
The new rebuilt Packers will need some leadership on defense. This guy has no weaknesses. Barnett along side and Thomas/Taylor FA and end of year battle for the other starting spot. Poppinga(inj) and Manning are depth.
Plan B- trade down with Raiders and or Cardinals and take Chad Greenway

2nd Round

Davin Joseph OG/OT Oklahoma 6'2.5" 311 and one of fastest OG's in the draft. This guy is mostly a Guard but can play Tackle. Ideal for zone blocking and pulling. This is Klemm's replacement. He is a great lineman unlikely to last to the Packer 3rd pick.

Plan B - The Packers could go with a WR here and wait on OG. If so Demetrius Williams or Dereck Hagan may be the best available.

3rd Round

Hank Basket WR New Mexico 6'3" 224 lbs. Big as Ted like his WR's. With all the uncertainty and Gardner and Boerigter on one year contracts, this guy is certain.

Plan B - If WR in second was chosen then I see Taitusi Lutui OG taken here.
Setterstrom, Giles, and Joseph will be gone.

4th Round

Dave Thomas TE Texas Not the Great White North guy. 6' 3" 252lbs. 4.67 40. This is a sleeper in the draft. Certainly an upgrade over David Martin. This guy makes this a great draft. Can catch the ball and block.

Plan B - Best available DT

5th Round

Matt Bernstein FB Wisconsin 6'0" 260 lbs. 4.90 40 Bumps Leach off the roster and is eventual long term replacement for Henderson.

Plan B - If TE not taken yet go with one here.

5th Round Compensatory

Kedric Golston DT Georgia a DT project. Well, anybody is better than Washington and with Cole, Williams, and Jenkins RFA's net year the Packers will likely lose one of them. This guy is 6'4" and 300 with potential to get bigger and stronger. Could be a somebody in 2-3 years. More penetration and disruption with pass rush than stout run stuffer. Could be good next to Pickett and Cole. Has had trouble staying low but some good coaching will make him much better.

Plan B - FB or WR here.

7th Round Compensatory

7th Ben Jones K Purdue perhaps he comes through and gives Cundiff the boot. It is good to have competition.

Plan B - QB developement project kind of guy.

Yes I allowed some wiggle room with the Plan B's. WR in second may be a strong possibility. If The first round is messed up(neither Hawk or Williams is available) and a trade down occurs then a CB first day will occur.

If they all make the roster, the Packers will be in very good shape.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its definitely looking like we will (have to) draft a guard in the 2nd round.

there are no good FA guards (was only 1) so this is where TT will prove his worth as a draft master(he likes the draft).

The #1 pick we get, mario or hawk, they should be ok regardless...

but that #2....that better be a guard, and he better be a starter.

BrettFavre4MVP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
but that #2....that better be a guard, and he better be a starter.
Are there any guards who would be quick and athletic enough for the zone blocking scheme..I think Max Jean-Gilles will be a good guard, but he's a little bit "portly"....

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The draft is over-rated...

if you get 50% of your draftees making the team and being good enough to start after 2-3 years...you are lucky...

and damn lucky if a draftee makes a 10 year career where he was drafted..!!!

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Williams has been improving as the year went on, he'll be a competent NFL DE but no way worth the no1 pick considering the draft class he was part of.

Members online

Latest posts