Trivia Contest.. Who is it..

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

The photo is from the Press Gazette.. however the question was asked at a different site..

Who is the young gent in the photo taken during the construction of City Stadium?

Hint.. someday he would be involved in a piece of history not yards from where he stood in this photo.. the photo is taken prior to Lombardi being hired and the kid was here when Lombardi got here.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I actually remember this game... I think I remember that they caught the character that brought it to the game. Could you imagine if they tried that today... can you say "locked" up for some time..

Pressgazette said:
Thanksgiving was still a couple of weeks away when this turkey wandered onto the field, causing a 2-minute delay at the start of the second quarter of the Packers’ 20-13 loss to the Indianapolis Colts on Nov. 13, 1988. A Brown County Sheriff’s Department officer carried the bird, apparently smuggled into the stadium, from the field. Press-Gazette archives

more photos

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually remember this game... I think I remember that they caught the character that brought it to the game. Could you imagine if they tried that today... can you say "locked" up for some time..

Pressgazette said:
Thanksgiving was still a couple of weeks away when this turkey wandered onto the field, causing a 2-minute delay at the start of the second quarter of the Packers’ 20-13 loss to the Indianapolis Colts on Nov. 13, 1988. A Brown County Sheriff’s Department officer carried the bird, apparently smuggled into the stadium, from the field. Press-Gazette archives

more photos
Darn, Cheesey lost his pet. :lol:

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From the picture, it looks like Curly Lambeau himself.

But I didn't know that he was a part of the Packer organization when Lombardi arrived.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack93z said:

Pressgazette said:

more photos
Darn, Cheesey lost his pet. :lol:
HEY!!!! Whats that VIKING FAN doing on the field???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lambeau would have only been in his mid 50's when this photo was taken, so i think it might be him. He died in 1965 at the age of 67. So he wasn't that old.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From the looks pf this photo of at this stage of construction of new City Stadium , It would have to be taken in 1956. That would make Earl "Curly" Lambeau 58 years old and Bart Starr who was drafted in early 1956 as a 17th round draft pick out of Alabama which had a 2-7 record in Starr's senior year. Bart would have 2nd semester senior in 1956 and would be 22 years old . This man in the photo looks quite a bit younger that 58 years old and quite a bit older tha 22 years old. I would think neither Lambeau or Starr are the man in the photo

The only man I know who might know who this man's identity, is Packer Historian Lee Remmel, who in 1956 worked for the Green Bay Press-Gazette as a sports reporter. He has great memory recall when it comes to the Packers.

"Curly" Lambeau left Green Bay "under pressure" from Packer's Board of directors in 1949 to take the job of Head coach for the Chicago Cardinals (now the Az,. Cardinals) . The Green Bay Packers honored Earl "Curly" Lambeau in 1965 by naming City Stadium --Lambeau Field. Earl Louis "Curly" Lambeau died June 1, 1965.

By the way Vince Lombardi took over the Packer HC and GM position in 1959, a full ten years after Earl "Curly" Lambeau left Green Bay. In those 10 years after Lambeau left the Packers, the Packers had three HCs, Gene Ronzani 1950-1953 ,Lisle Blackbourne 1954-1957 and Ray McLean 1958. All had losing coaching records for the Green Bay Packers and all were fired by the Packers.

Members online

Latest posts