1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Trivia Contest.. Who is it..

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Pack93z, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    [​IMG]

The photo is from the Press Gazette.. however the question was asked at a different site..

Who is the young gent in the photo taken during the construction of City Stadium?

Hint.. someday he would be involved in a piece of history not yards from where he stood in this photo.. the photo is taken prior to Lombardi being hired and the kid was here when Lombardi got here.

2. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That could be none other than Bart Starr.

3. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,486
  4. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    I actually remember this game... I think I remember that they caught the character that brought it to the game. Could you imagine if they tried that today... can you say "locked" up for some time..

[​IMG]

more photos

5. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't get the picture up, but I'm guessing it's Pierre LaFollette. No?....
    ok, how about Cheesey? :shock:

6. vike4life

vike4life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Darn, Cheesey lost his pet. :lol:

7. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I like the one where brett jumped from the squirrel the best lol

8. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    From the picture, it looks like Curly Lambeau himself.

But I didn't know that he was a part of the Packer organization when Lombardi arrived.

9. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    It is Bart Starr. Curly was WAAAAAY too old in 57 when the stadium was built.

10. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    It looks like Curley too. He looks young enough here.

11. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    HEY!!!! Whats that VIKING FAN doing on the field???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

12. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Lambeau would have only been in his mid 50's when this photo was taken, so i think it might be him. He died in 1965 at the age of 67. So he wasn't that old.

13. PWT36

PWT36 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    From the looks pf this photo of at this stage of construction of new City Stadium , It would have to be taken in 1956. That would make Earl "Curly" Lambeau 58 years old and Bart Starr who was drafted in early 1956 as a 17th round draft pick out of Alabama which had a 2-7 record in Starr's senior year. Bart would have 2nd semester senior in 1956 and would be 22 years old . This man in the photo looks quite a bit younger that 58 years old and quite a bit older tha 22 years old. I would think neither Lambeau or Starr are the man in the photo

The only man I know who might know who this man's identity, is Packer Historian Lee Remmel, who in 1956 worked for the Green Bay Press-Gazette as a sports reporter. He has great memory recall when it comes to the Packers.

"Curly" Lambeau left Green Bay "under pressure" from Packer's Board of directors in 1949 to take the job of Head coach for the Chicago Cardinals (now the Az,. Cardinals) . The Green Bay Packers honored Earl "Curly" Lambeau in 1965 by naming City Stadium --Lambeau Field. Earl Louis "Curly" Lambeau died June 1, 1965.

By the way Vince Lombardi took over the Packer HC and GM position in 1959, a full ten years after Earl "Curly" Lambeau left Green Bay. In those 10 years after Lambeau left the Packers, the Packers had three HCs, Gene Ronzani 1950-1953 ,Lisle Blackbourne 1954-1957 and Ray McLean 1958. All had losing coaching records for the Green Bay Packers and all were fired by the Packers.

14. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
  15. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Man....never would have guessed Starr. It looks more like John F. Kennedy then Bart Starr.