Trivia challenge!!!!

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your right TOPackerfan. Hammer, hand the cigar to TOPackerfan :( and he gets to ask the next question. I didn't catch that. Nice Heads up!

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Hey Cheez..

Watch your mouth...!! :shock:

(whatever your feelings for the man are...that was uncalled for..!!)

LOL :D Yeah I guess some people thought he is a little cocky(WHOOPS, no pun intended) :wink:

Hey P@ck66, did you happen to know the answer to the Nitschke Trivia?

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cheesehog said:
Your right TOPackerfan. Hammer, hand the cigar to TOPackerfan :( and he gets to ask the next question. I didn't catch that. Nice Heads up!

'Tis OK, I don't care for cigars. I knew I missed it because I looked it up as soon as I posted. Lots of ***** down here, they can't exploit the double entendre enough.
There's gotta be a few Monica Lewinsky jokes somewhere in this thread.
Hammer

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
Cheesehog said:
Yes, Hammer nails it! Sterling was a Gamecock. Hammer gets a.....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Hammer gets to ask the next question!

You're right, he was a Gamecock, but that means he went to South Carolina not South Carolina State. I guess that means I get to ask the next question. I'll go really old school.

What was George Calhoun's job?
Nice job TOP!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It may have been buried in the other post but the next question is what was George Calhoun's job?

I also don't know the Nitschke answer, but he played and retired well before I was born.

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
It may have been buried in the other post but the next question is what was George Calhoun's job?

I also don't know the Nitschke answer, but he played and retired well before I was born.

:Insert "Jeopordy" theme song music here: :kickcan: c'mon somebody, Bruce? PWT?

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cheesehog said:
TOPackerFan said:

I am not sure I understand the question -- checking into this thread pretty late.

What was George Calhoun's job? Well he was a player and one of the original organizers of the team. He originally named the team the Indian Packers. I know that he was also a writer. Did he have any other jobs? I am not sure without looking it up.

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:
Cheesehog said:
TOPackerFan said:

I am not sure I understand the question -- checking into this thread pretty late.

What was George Calhoun's job? Well he was a player and one of the original organizers of the team. He originally named the team the Indian Packers. I know that he was also a writer. Did he have any other jobs? I am not sure without looking it up.

I am playing poker tonight so I have to go. In case I was correct I will ask a question -- if I am wrong please ignore.

Why did the team drop the Indian from their name?

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce you're right. He was the sports editor of the Green Bay Press Gazette in addition to being one of the founders of the Packers.

In response to your question, Indian was not so much dropped as it was amended. When the Indian Packing Company was purchased by the Acme Packing Company, the name was changed to the Acme Packers.

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
Bruce you're right. He was the sports editor of the Green Bay Press Gazette in addition to being one of the founders of the Packers.

In response to your question, Indian was not so much dropped as it was amended. When the Indian Packing Company was purchased by the Acme Packing Company, the name was changed to the Acme Packers.

Yes you are correct, TOPackerFan you are up to submit the next question.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, this is a two part question. What was the original seating capacity of New City Stadium and what was the paid attendance at the first Packer game played there?

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
Okay, this is a two part question. What was the original seating capacity of New City Stadium and what was the paid attendance at the first Packer game played there?
1. 32,150
2. 32,132 ( not sure all paid)
I got these numbers at Lambeau when I took my wife and kids to the Packer-Lion game last December. I was showing my kids what the stadium looked like in the "olden" days.

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
TOPackerFan said:
1. 32,150
I got these numbers at Lambeau when I took my wife and kids to the Packer-Lion game last December. I was showing my kids what the stadium looked like in the "olden" days.

18 seats unused! :shock: I'm disappointed about the "so called" diehard Packers fans! :shock: :shock: How could this happen??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

:wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: 8) :lol:

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
TOPackerFan said:
1. 32,150

Correct Yooper. You're up.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bavpb said:
yooperfan said:
TOPackerFan said:
1. 32,150

18 seats unused! :shock: I'm disappointed about the "so called" diehard Packers fans! :shock: :shock: How could this happen??? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Those 18 went to old city stadium out of habit LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

:wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: 8) :lol:

Heelntoe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, so I seemed to have screwed this up. I managed to add pic to Funny Pictures gallery rather than a private gallery I created for myself. If an admin would like to fix my messup and post the pic properly, i'd appreciate it.

Topps 1977 GBP Team Leaders

Name the players...

Members online

Latest posts