1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Trip to Kiln Mississippi

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by carol k, Nov 6, 2007.

1. carol k

carol k Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We are leaving tomorrow for a road trip to Kiln Mississippi. We thought it would be fun to go to the Broke Spoke--we met the owners last Feb. on a cruise--to watch the Pack slaughter the queens. Looking forward to that.

2. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Enjoy the trip and the weather..

3. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Have a fun, and safe trip!

4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Have fun!
    Someday i hope to be able to go down there. If you take pictures, be sure to post them for us to see!

5. carol k

carol k Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks to all for the safe trip and fun wishes. I am sure we will have both. Someone just told me there is a nice motel just 4 miles from Kiln. Hopefully, they will have a room for us.

6. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Carol, just follow the sign.................. :p

[​IMG]

7. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Have a great time Carol!! Can I come along? Just kidding. I have been talking to Edder about going to Mississippi that trip will have to wait a few years. Our trips consist of coming back to WI every chance that I get. And those trips mean the most to me right now..But someday I will go.

8. BlueMoose

BlueMoose Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm from central MS...feel free to drop me an email if you need any tips on places to go, etc. I went to GB last year and was most impressed with the hospitality...always glad to return the favor;).

Heck, here's an offer for you. If you're near Hattiesburg this weekend, I may be able to fix you up with tickets for the Southern Miss vs Memphis game. It would be a good chance to see where ol' #4 got his start. Let me know if you're interested.

Tal

9. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Went there for the Super Bowl...should be a blast! If you meet Brian, a big red headed cat who lives a mile up the road, or "Insane" Shane, who supplements his income as a male stripper, be sure to take them up on a sip of their moonshine. WOW!!!

Plus, the local sausage, their version of the Brat, is great.

Have fun....

10. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Man your lucky, can I come (and I'm not kidding. LOL)
    I'd like to head down there someday. I find it cool how great an athelete must be that people plan trips just to see his hometown. I always like reminding people it's pronounced Kill. Just like Favre they don't understand how you can say it that way.
    Speaking of visiting hometowns, my cousin went east in summer with his family and decided to see Sidney Crosby's hometown since he was close. He stopped at a cardshop to ask how to get there and it turned out the guy there workedout with him so he took him there and actually introduced Crosby himself and the kids all got autographs. Hope you could be so lucky

11. carol k

carol k Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Got back from the Kiln this p.m. What a ball we had. If anyone ever has a chance to go there, take it. Mabel and Stevie are absolutely fantastic. They had made venison stew, rice, corn, and some kind of chocolate cake with ice cream, whipping, cream, and a cherry on top. Delicious!!!!!!!!!!!! Everytime, the Packers scored, Mabel rides this tiny John Deere tractor around the bar. She rode it quite a bit on Sunday.

The sad part of our trip was the destruction we saw that was caused by Katrina. Mississippi really got hit hard. Beautiful homes were destroyed as well as three different churches. And this was only in Bay St. Louis and Kiln. We never made it anywhere else. We did buy two books showing the before and after pictures the areas in Miss. that were hit.

Enjoyed our trip, but it is nice to be home--although going from 84-39 above zero is a shock.

12. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Glad you had a good time. Hopefully I can have a turn next. Did you go see Favre's old house. I know it was destroyed I was wondering what's there now

13. carol k

carol k Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The old house was destroyed, and they built a new one. Favre's On The Bayou--the restaurant--was also destroyed, and they have no intention of rebuilding it. I had heard that the business wasn't that good.

14. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Glad you are back Carol!! Sounds like you had a great time, I do one day want to go to Mississippi. Its sad that Favre's On The Bayou isnt going to get rebuilt. Did you get to see where Brett lives now?

15. carol k

carol k Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No, we did see where his mom lives, but he lives in Hattiesburg, and we just drove through there. BTW, I just purchased Deanna Favre's book that she wrote about her breast cancer. Have just paged through it,but some of the things about which she wrote brought tears to my eyes.

16. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    wow, i wish i could travel there