Tretter has significant knee injury

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Honestly, I read so many of the same articles if I had to back up my statements It would be redundant..( Triple tap of the feet and a Billy Crystal spreading if the arms)
In all seriousness It was either packernews.com ? Or ? Lol.
I normally make stuff up as I go along so.. Believe what you choose-I -don't even like football anyway. But with that behind us, that same in anonymous, un-identifiable, unreliable source said Linsley was like 9-1 against the those stated in drills.. Raji was the the 1
And of course to make the hypothetical unreliable rhetorical article worse... josh Sitton said Corey was incredibly strong.. (500lb bench press+) and athleticly impressed him.

Last edited:

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Believe what you choose-I -don't even like football anyway.
I think you're confused: First, you quote easyk83's post without answering it; then you do kind of answer it except the question was addressed to me; and finally you're posting on a Packers board but post you "don't even like football anyway." :D

Reaction score
It's from the Demovsky story: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11403107/jc-tretter-green-bay-packers-multiple-weeks-knee-injury

I think in a "normal" year, the second team OC would have taken snaps with Rodgers, but they were going out of their way to get Tretter as many snaps as possible. Also, that's why he stayed on the field after the rest of the first team OL went to the bench in preseason games.

Again, I don't think this means the Packers will lose at Seattle, but losing the two players who man the middle of each line (although Raji did so part-time) isn't good. And "poor" Aaron Rodgers - Linsley will be the 27th 5th OC he's worked with over the past four seasons.
Ok. I can see why you doubted me.. This contradicts the ESPN article you cut and pasted directly. Since it was apparent you went out of your way to disprove me... Im stubborn so I found if not "the" source to prove he took reps against 1st string. Here's another source that states it... By the way, I learned this not until my 40's.. But at least I learned it.. "Always give others the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise" I had difficulty pasting I apologize you'll have to take a minute to see the facts and learn the truth.
Www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/insiderblog/2014/07/30/packers-insider-rookie-Linsley-looks-like-a-pro/13386863/
By the way.. I didn't name that article either.. Thanks for giving me the benefit if the doubt. Now you know the rest of the story.. Paul Harvey

Reaction score
I
I think you're confused: First, you quote easyk83's post without answering it; then you do kind of answer it except the question was addressed to me; and finally you're posting on a Packers board but post you "don't even like football anyway.

Reaction score
Well quote this.." Im sorry you don't have a sense of humor.. Or maybe you just don't recognize humor when if presents itself. Either way.. You should concentrate on being kind rather than attacking people"
I agree, it was probably my serious username that implied I was very serious

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Ok. I can see why you doubted me.. This contradicts the ESPN article you cut and pasted directly. Since it was apparent you went out of your way to disprove me...
I wasn't doubting you. I wasn't responding to you. I was responding to easyk83 asking me for the source of information I quoted. My post #53 which you quote in #56 has nothing to do you. Your post makes it look as if you have a persecution complex.

Also, look at posts #52, #57, #58 and #59 (apparently responding to yourself and then agreeing with yourself). Doesn't that poster look confused? And finally yes, I have a sense of humor. And as soon as you post something funny, I'll acknowledge it. Otherwise don't assume every post as response to, or attack on you. Or do.

Reaction score
L
I wasn't doubting you. I wasn't responding to you. I was responding to easyk83 asking me for the source of information I quoted. My post #53 which you quote in #56 has nothing to do you. Your post makes it look as if you have a persecution complex.

Also, look at posts #52, #57, #58 and #59 (apparently responding to yourself and then agreeing with yourself). Doesn't that poster look confused? And finally yes, I have a sense of humor. And as soon as you post something funny, I'll acknowledge it. Otherwise don't assume every post as response to, or attack on you. Or do.
Lighten up Jack. Let's concentrate on football. And as advice if you don't have anything nice to say to other Packer fans Well you know the 'OL saying

H

HardRightEdge

Linsley will be fine. He's played a lot of major college center. The O-line may forgo some of that fancy pulling but I would not expect this substitution to be a factor. Rodgers is perfectly capable of directing traffic, and was doing some of that anyway.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Linsley will be fine. He's played a lot of major college center. The O-line may forgo some of that fancy pulling but would not expect this substitution to be a factor. Rodgers is perfectly capable of directing traffic, and was doing some of that anyway.

Yep. This guy was blasting holes for "Carlos Hyde"

H

HardRightEdge

If were had to lose somebody on the O-line, best it be Tretter.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard that the Packers have called Marshall Newhouse to see if he'd quickly learn how to play center for us...

I kid...I kid...

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pack is going with a rookie center for most of the season. You have to stay healthy to play and Treyter looks like he can't. If a player gets injured a lot when they are young and can't stay on the field then the hope that they can get healthier as they age and take more wear and tear is dubious. One of the main reasons why the Packers keep leading the league in injuries is that they keep sticking with young fragile players hoping that they will get healthier as they age. That misguided wishful thinking is wasting one of the best quarterbacks in MFL history. SF won 5 Super Bowls with their back to back hall of fame qb's. The Pack has just two and the clock is ticking on Rodgers.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pack is going with a rookie center for most of the season. You have to stay healthy to play and Treyter looks like he can't. If a player gets injured a lot when they are young and can't stay on the field then the hope that they can get healthier as they age and take more wear and tear is dubious. One of the main reasons why the Packers keep leading the league in injuries is that they keep sticking with young fragile players hoping that they will get healthier as they age. That misguided wishful thinking is wasting one of the best quarterbacks in MFL history. SF won 5 Super Bowls with their back to back hall of fame qb's. The Pack has just two and the clock is ticking on Rodgers.

It was a totally different league back then and each decade had a dynasty like team, including a Dallas team that probably kept the Packers from winning another title. Before 1992 when free agency like it is now started, it was much easier to keep a team together. Dallas was fortunate enough to assemble most of their talent before then and keep it together for just a few years.

Can't compare the Packers to a San Francisco dynasty and therefore call them unsuccessful.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I just don't think a lot of people understand the "size and speed of the game" today. It's always been a physical game but players are just getting bigger and faster. We have actually done pretty well compared to many teams out there this year thus far in terms of injuries.

I could of guaranteed before camp that guys were going to get hurt and I can guarantee everyone now that more guys are going to get hurt from here on out. Deal with it. I feel like I am repeating myself over and over again when I say "that's why you have to have a great 53 man roster." I believe ours is good enough to win a super bowl.

To sit here and say TT drafts fragile players is crap. Like other's have posted as long as our key guys stay healthy we will be fine.

Last edited:

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I won't lie Tretter going down concerns me about a scale of 3 out of 10, and here's why. IMO, Linsley should've been starting the whole time. I'm of the school that a player is unable to stay healthy until they prove they can if they have been previously injured as a rookie, and with Tretter last year I was just waiting for it to happen again this year. Now we've lost Tretter for "multiple weeks" and we have to start Center who is a rookie, but the smartest of the 3, and who comes from a power running conference. Where is my concern you ask? It's that he's never played a single in game snap with Rodgers, and won't before he's fed to the lions den which is Seattle in week 1. If I'm McCarthy I trot the 1s out for 1 but no more than 2 series just to give Linsley some work with Rodgers and the rest of his line mates so that the Packers know for sure whether they have their guy until Tretter returns, or whether they have to move Lang/Taylor inside to C or go find a guy. To me not having them play together is like working without a net, something you don't want to do on the road in Seattle.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

I don't know if anyone has posted this before, don't have a lot of time this week reading all the stuff here, but at least it doesn't seem Rodgers is too concerned about Linsley starting at center. Here's what he had to say:

"The luxury of being center in this offense is you’re playing with myself."

BTW it seems like the Packers are preparing Sitton to back up Linsley at center.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I read that right you're saying Linsley is the smartest of the 3. I'd disagree with that. Tretter is the smartest of the 3. The main reason the Tretter injury doesn't bother me as much as it seems to bother others is that he is inexperienced. Even if Linsley does turn out to be worse, Tretter was going to make plenty of mistakes. It's not like we're losing a stud or even a good player. Tretter was going to be average at best, and any good team can survive losing an average player.

EDIT: I mentioned before that Sitton has made line calls before. Well, it looks like the Packers are taking that one step further. Sitton is working as the backup C to Linsley now: http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common...121&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

1.) Linsley did better on the Wunderlic

2.) Linsley played Center prior to this year at SOME level.

3.) Linsley played in the Big Ten, not in the ivy league like Tretter did.

So yes, Tretter isn't the smartest of the 3. Football/Center play wise Linsley is.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
1.) Linsley did better on the Wunderlic

2.) Linsley played Center prior to this year at SOME level.

3.) Linsley played in the Big Ten, not in the ivy league like Tretter did.

So yes, Tretter isn't the smartest of the 3. Football/Center play wise Linsley is.

I think both these guys are pretty smart and committed guys. I don't see intelligence or football IQ being an issue with either. I see it pretty even and almost neck and neck between the two as Linsley is a rookie but Tretter has never really played in a big time environment coming from a very small stage.

If I had to put my money on one guy turning out to be better then the other I would roll it on Linsely.

H

HardRightEdge

I believe the Wonderlic scores were 32 (Tretter) to 33 (Linsley). I'm not going to put a lot of stock into that 1 point of difference. Tretter went to an Ivy League school, played TE and was able to successfully convert to LT. He grew up in a football family as well. Even Linsley has talked about how intelligent Tretter is. Everything I've ever read about him is that he is smart, not only generally but also having football smarts. He had a 3.4 GPA at Cornell. I couldn't find Linsley's college GPA, but his high school GPA (3.3) was lower than Tretter's GPA at an Ivy League school. I also couldn't find Tretter's ACT, but Linsley's was 25, which is just okay. I guess neither of us know for sure, and nobody REALLY knows for sure as it's a very subjective argument, but I wouldn't say Linsley is smarter than Tretter.
My research shows they both got an "A" in gym class.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll wager Linsley was paid a lot more at Ohio State....

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Wilde posted the article linked below a few days ago. After relating Rodgers wasn’t happy about having to work with his fourth OC in four years when OTAs began he writes,
“Contrast that with what Rodgers said just last week, when someone asked him if he was surprised that Tretter had been so impressive in the first two preseason games and ended any talk of a competition for the starting center job long before the Sept. 4 regular-season opener at Seattle. “I think ‘surprise’ would be disrespectful to JC,” Rodgers said last Tuesday. “I think he's done a great job. I have no worries about him, no reservations with him starting the season as the guy and moving forward in that direction. He's a smart guy. He's done everything the way that we want him to do it. He's gained the trust of T.J. and Josh, which is hard to do, and myself. “I think the three of us are important for the center because it's his two sideboards and the guy that's in his ear the most in myself. I'm really proud of JC. He's done a great job and he gives us absolutely zero cause for concern at the position.”
It’s fine for us fans to say Linsley should have been starting all along, but the staff disagreed as Linsley hadn’t taken a snap with the ones until three days ago. It’s difficult to earn Rodgers’ trust and that’s something Tretter had accomplished so I’ll bet if you asked Aaron, he’d say he’d much prefer Tretter at OC in Seattle.

Again, I’m not saying it will be a disaster; I’m just disagreeing with the notion that Linsley will do better than Tretter would have done in Seattle, or that somehow it's preferable Linsley will be starting. Like others, I do prefer Linsley starting rather than shuffling the OL. Lang talks about preparing with Linsley:
“Corey’s a guy who’s shown physically that he’s capable of doing the job. It’s about making sure mentally that he’s sharp,” Lang said. “We’ll definitely spend some extra time. The timing kind of sucks just because it’s so late in training camp that we haven’t had a whole lot of reps together. This week, especially the fourth preseason game, I think history shows the starters won’t play a whole lot. “It’s going to be extra stuff we’re going to have to do on the practice field and meeting rooms, making sure we’re trying to build chemistry in other ways outside of actually playing games together, because we won’t have that opportunity [until the opener]. It’s just going to take a little extra work by everybody to make sure that he’s 100 percent comfortable going out there.”
http://espnmadison.com/common/page.php?feed=2&id=15411&is_corp=1

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
All good points but it's not like Tretter is a proven player yet so as you like to say we haven't really seen either of them when the "real bullets fly". I think it's fair to say the jury is out on both of em. Some probably prefer Tretter and others Linsely. Tretter was picked last year and he spent the whole off-season in the system so he got first shot at it and didn't do anything to lose the position.

This is nothing like last year when Bulaga got hurt and we had to throw Bakhtiari out there at left tacke on a crash course against some of the NFL's best rush ends. Opening day last year in San Fran probably isn't a way you want to start your rookie career at Left Tackle. The drop off with this situation isn't nearly what that was.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts