Tretter and short yardage packages

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if we'll use him on goal line packages and short yardage situations as a blocking TE? Or maybe a second blocking full back? Surely there are ways to use him even if he doesnt start for us. I see him being a bonus for us in our running game, especially in those short yardage situations.

Reaction score
Trotter getting injured was a blessing in disguise because now we have 2 young talented centers which guarantees us to have a bright future at that position.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trotter getting injured was a blessing in disguise because now we have 2 young talented centers which guarantees us to have a bright future at that position.
He played left tackle in college. Maybe they can "coach him up" to play tackle in the NFL. We haven't had a dominant one since Clifton and Tauscher retired. Regardless, if he's as good as the coaches seem to think, he's a valuable guy to have at any position.

Pack12TX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I miss the days of Clifton and Tauscher. Always could count on them.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
It'll probably take Tretter some time to get up to speed, but once he does if McCarthy wants to try the 6 OL formation again, I'd prefer Tretter to Sherrod as the extra OL/"TE" - he'd probably be more likely to catch the ball, too!

60six

DIE HARD
Reaction score
Why is everbody so high on Tretter, he hasnt played a snap in a NFL reg season game yet.....a totaly unknown when it comes to what he brings to the table. He maybe good, but nobody really knows.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Why is everbody so high on Tretter, he hasnt played a snap in a NFL reg season game yet.....a totaly unknown when it comes to what he brings to the table. He maybe good, but nobody really knows.
We did see him in a couple of preseason games, but the reason "everybody" is so high on him probably has to do with the lack of depth on the OL. Tretter is about the same size as Barclay.

60six

DIE HARD
Reaction score
We did see him in a couple of preseason games, but the reason "everybody" is so high on him probably has to do with the lack of depth on the OL. Tretter is about the same size as Barclay.

I do understand the enthusiasm for O-line depth.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Having average depth for an average line doesn't make me feel enthusiastic. But maybe he'll turn into a dominant o lineman. We need about 4 of 'em. 3 if you count Linsley, who appears to be very, very good.

Latest posts