Tremaine Edmunds

D

Deleted member 6794

I figured so probably a 3rd or fourth maybe?

The Packers would most likely receive a third rounder by moving back five spots.

With the team having 12 picks I would prefer Gutekunst to use the 14th selection on a prospect possibly having an immediate impact and therefore don't see the need to trade back to assemble even more picks.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I figured so probably a 3rd or fourth maybe?
You just never know. What I am looking at is the next few picks, AZ and Baltimore are both likely to draft a QB in this draft. A team like Buffalo at 21 and 22 may be very interested in jumping ahead of them. Maybe they would trade both 1s for #14 and our 3rd. Sadly, I no longer think Edmunds will be there for us. As such, unless a player is there i didnt expect, trading back is fine with me. I would use extra picks to get more picks in the 2nd and 3rd.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because I believe he is gonna run in the 4.7 range. This is the NFL. I know you like how he "flips his hips" but he is going to be trying to do so with the likes of McCaffery, Kamara, J. White Etc Etc. Teams will match him up appropriately and eat lunch. I don't see a 3 down player and that's what you would like to potentially get with pick 14 at ILB.

R. Smith sign me up at 14. Run from Edmunds at 14. It's that simple. I could see some value in day 2 with Edmunds as posted.

First 40 of his day and he ran a 4.55 at 250 lbs.

Also have to mention Lorenzo Carter (Georgia) running a 4.46 at 250 lbs.

But man, ran as fast as Sutton. I can definitely say I saw that coming.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
First 40 of his day and he ran a 4.55 at 250 lbs.

Also have to mention Lorenzo Carter (Georgia) running a 4.46 at 250 lbs.

But man, ran as fast as Sutton. I can definitely say I saw that coming.

Yeah, lots of good LB prospects. Packers had formal interview with Carter.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@HardRightEdge
Historically, it is pretty rare for an ILB to run below a 4.6 40. Couple of them a year, tops. Last year, only one (I'm excluding Jabril Peppers). So I'm not expecting a 6'5 250 lb player to run a sub 4.6. I don't think you should either. I know what I've seen on tape though, and the kid is fast enough to cover TE's. Hell, he goes sideline to sideline easily with RB's, that's indicative of his speed and reaction time.

Unofficially 4.55 (1st attempt) and 4.56 (2nd attempt). Historically...impressive. Expectations...blown!!!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score
4.54X40? That’s blazing fast for a 253lb LB. I think he could gain 15 lbs and play Edge and still run a 4.6X40.
I personally think his draft placing on many boards is low and I feel we’d be fortunate to have him paired with Martinez. His combination of size and athleticism makes him a rare find. I think we would regret passing on him and I see him contributing out of the gate on a team similar to how Watt did last year or better. We could use that kinda player in the middle and he would instantly improve the short passing D, run D and our Pass Rush.
Edmunds is also very realistic at #14 if he fits what Pettine is trying to accomplish. (I don’t pretend to know that)

Go out and sign a solid Veteran CB to pair with King and Randall and we’ll be much improved just by default. Pettine said he liked versatile players.. he’s one (If not the) of the most versatile LBs in this draft.

Last edited:
Reaction score
He’s a hard one to predict because much of his rating is based on his pure athleticism. His stat history and on paper places him in some mocks as a later 1st day pick
I don't think he makes it past 9 or 10, most mocks have Oak, Mia picking him.
I could definitely see him falling to us with all the QBs projected to be taken early. There are several other picks like Saquon and Chubb that should go top 10 and even possibly a OL and WR and then there is always an emphasis on teams to pick at CB early.
I’m going to guess from what I’m reading that he gets picked between overall 11-20 range

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He’s a hard one to predict because much of his rating is based on his pure athleticism. His stat history and on paper places him in some mocks as a later 1st day pick

I could definitely see him falling to us with all the QBs projected to be taken early. There are several other picks like Saquon and Chubb that should go top 10 and even possibly a OL and WR and then there is always an emphasis on teams to pick at CB early.
I’m going to guess from what I’m reading that he gets picked between overall 11-20 range
If he is there, I would have to consider taking him.

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd put Ward in there too, with our CB situation. I feel we have a starting D line, we can roll with our linebackers.......until a hand or hammy breaks. We obviously need help in the back, so it would be hard to pass on the top CB......although I have no idea who that is. I think Edmounds can play 3 downs at ILB, and also can fill in at OLB.

Reaction score
Edmunds could be looked at as even more valuable than picking at CB, which I know sounds initially crazy until we lock down a Veteran CB. I see him as potentially the successor to Clay which could have massive Cap savings potential. Not to mention Edmunds production will conceivably ascend while Clay’s is descending.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The one thing that scares me a little about Denzel Ward is his stated primary weakness is the lack of ability to jam off the LOS. Redirection talent is coveted to me.

Everything I’m seeing about Pettine is focused on immediate pressure and pressing receivers is a huge part of that.
Don’t get me wrong Denzel is a great Corner but possibly not the ideal fit either.
You really want an ideal fit at #14. Jermaine Edmunds is so hard to quantify that they just threw a 7.28! Draft Rating on him because they said his talent ceiling is incredible.
As a comparison? Bradley Chubb is a 7.32 rating as the best Defender in the draft. That’s a full point over guys like Ward.
As a comparison Saquon and Edmunds hold the top ratings on some boards. They are 2 of only 5 players with a 7+ draft rating in this class. Some have Edmunds rated higher than Chubb. It just depends on the point of view I guess.
As a comparison Myles Garrett who held a 7.6 draft rating was picked #1 overall in 2017 DE Solomon was the next Defender picked and the top CB Marshon Lattimore (6.3) rating fell outside the top 10 in 2017. Edge/DE/LB position has historically been more highly coveted in recent drafts, of course anything goes each year too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I see him as potentially the successor to Clay which could have massive Cap savings potential. Not to mention Edmunds production will conceivably ascend while Clay’s is descending.

I don't consider Edmunds lining up primarily at outside linebacker would be the smartest way to use him.

Latest posts