Travel Advice - Milwakee to GB - Giants vs Packers Oct. 9th

Sean Confreyt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello All -

Trying to coordinate the logistics of my October excursion to GREEN BAY from New York for the October 9th Giants vs Packers game and would appreciate some feedback/suggestions:

Friday, Oct 7th - Fly to Milwaukee in the AM and pick up rental car.
-No plans except begin the journey to Green Bay - Suggestions of things to do/what city to stay?? (Manitowac, Two Rivers??)
Saturday, Oct 8th - Arrive in Green Bay (Hotel Booked)
- Certainly would like to do a stadium tour, any other suggestions??
Sunday, Oct 9th - GAME DAY (Hotel Booked)
NEED TAILGATE ADVICE
- We definitely want to tailgate at Lambeau with the locals rather than attend a sponsored "event". What is my best bet for joining a tailgate?? Walk around with a case of beer and just talk to people?? (Although I am a Giants fan I have been determined to go to GB for years, my girlfriend is a diehard Packers fan anyway!)​

Monday, Oct 10th - Recovery / Drive back to Milwaukee
- No plans but to make the trip back towards Milwaukee.

Any and ALL suggestions/comments are greatly appreciated and I am beyond excited for our first Lambeau experience.

THANK YOU

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Any and ALL suggestions/comments are greatly appreciated and I am beyond excited for our first Lambeau experience. THANK YOU
Milwaukee airport to Lambeau is at best a two and a half hour drive. Depending on Milwaukee and Fox City traffic. Your route is dependent on your lodging plans. If you don't have reservations yet you might be staying close to Milwaukee by now. Every hotel within an hour of Lambeau including every little town you find on google maps is most likely booked or getting there. Most start filling up within hours or days of the schedules release. Plan on premium pricing and a two night minimum.

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Milwaukee airport to Lambeau is at best a two and a half hour drive. Depending on Milwaukee and Fox City traffic. Your route is dependent on your lodging plans. If you don't have reservations yet you might be staying close to Milwaukee by now. Every hotel within an hour of Lambeau including every little town you find on google maps is most likely booked or getting there. Most start filling up within hours or days of the schedules release. Plan on premium pricing and a two night minimum.

If going on a non game day, I can make it in hour and 45 mins..I live 10 mins from airport... I take 43 North as of now no construction... And it shouldn't have any in Oct..

41 45 North lot of construction just out side of downtown Milwaukee... This will last for another year

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

As poppa said, if no room reserved now maybe hard to find one..

I did one year get a room in a city called Kewaunee wi 1 week before a game. But that was about 30 min drive at least and that was in 2005 when they weren't doing to well...

But doesn't hurt to call all around... Appleton, Menasha, Neeha, New London... Or do a search on price line or travigo? But as poppa said expect to pay a lot...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
https://www.packerforum.com/threads/come-here-for-help-questions-and-answers-on-green-bay.22613/

That also has a ton of info..

Tailgating.. Can you bring a local craft beer? Walk around the lot and walk up to a group that looks fun.. Offer your beer and I'm sure they will accept you in.

FYI, I believe you can't Park in lot, unless a pass or handicapped tag. Last time I did was with handicap tag and was 40$

All houses around will have parking on grass, and some allow you to use their bathrooms.

Don't forget to look at all the party houses on Lombardi Ave during game day.. That is where the fence is that is painted for the season.

When you enter a tunnel on game day have some one take your picture as you soak in the mystic that is Lambeau

OP
OP
S

Sean Confreyt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If going on a non game day, I can make it in hour and 45 mins..I live 10 mins from airport... I take 43 North as of now no construction... And it shouldn't have any in Oct..

41 45 North lot of construction just out side of downtown Milwaukee... This will last for another year

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

As poppa said, if no room reserved now maybe hard to find one..

I did one year get a room in a city called Kewaunee wi 1 week before a game. But that was about 30 min drive at least and that was in 2005 when they weren't doing to well...

But doesn't hurt to call all around... Appleton, Menasha, Neeha, New London... Or do a search on price line or travigo? But as poppa said expect to pay a lot...

Thanks for your advice! I do have a hotel about a mile from the stadium for both Saturday & Sunday night so that is a plus.

OP
OP
S

Sean Confreyt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
https://www.packerforum.com/threads/come-here-for-help-questions-and-answers-on-green-bay.22613/

That also has a ton of info..

Tailgating.. Can you bring a local craft beer? Walk around the lot and walk up to a group that looks fun.. Offer your beer and I'm sure they will accept you in.

FYI, I believe you can't Park in lot, unless a pass or handicapped tag. Last time I did was with handicap tag and was 40$

All houses around will have parking on grass, and some allow you to use their bathrooms.

Don't forget to look at all the party houses on Lombardi Ave during game day.. That is where the fence is that is painted for the season.

When you enter a tunnel on game day have some one take your picture as you soak in the mystic that is Lambeau

Thanks for the link and comments. I will certainly be carrying a large stock of good beer so we will definitely try our luck! I was planning on taking a taxi/UBER as close as possible since I do not want to drive due to drinking/parking/drinking again/etc..

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your advice! I do have a hotel about a mile from the stadium for both Saturday & Sunday night so that is a plus.

Ahh all ready have a room..

Then you can walk to stadium.. Do the tour on Saturday if you can.

If you fly in on Friday in Milwaukee my suggestion is a fish fry.. Go to Amelia's

http://ameliasmilwaukee.com

I'm. Sure there are tons of great fish fry from. Here to Greenbay

But Amelia's is a cross street from Milwaukee airport.. And is very good.. Just ask for the all you can eat fish fry.

Do you have a room for Friday night? Should be no prob to find a room in Milwaukee then.. Prob cheap.. Hilton Garden Inn,, Menomonee Falls is right off freeway, 25 mins north of airport

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link and comments. I will certainly be carrying a large stock of good beer so we will definitely try our luck! I was planning on taking a taxi/UBER as close as possible since I do not want to drive due to drinking/parking/drinking again/etc..

Uber is in greenbay but not sure how they handle drop off and pickups... Arrange your ride and call your driver..

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Hotel is only a mile? Sheeyit do a pub crawl on the way back after the game. Shot or two in every bar you walk (crawl) past.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Is your hotel east, west, or south of the stadium? East side has a majority of the entertainment district action at the moment. West side has some but most of the area is now a construction zone with the titletown district going up. South has some but is mostly retail and residential. North is ALL residential.

OP
OP
S

Sean Confreyt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is your hotel east, west, or south of the stadium? East side has a majority of the entertainment district action at the moment. West side has some but most of the area is now a construction zone with the titletown district going up. South has some but is mostly retail and residential. North is ALL residential.

Just checked the map, my hotel is actually a couple miles away from the stadium on the east side (other side of river).

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i also am going to that game. rented a house near the stadium with 14 of us (half gb and half ny fans). the real question is it just you or do you have a dd? if yes on the dd i would suggest the lakefront brewery tour in milwaukee...excellent beer and well worth the $7 i believe it is. near that is the harley museum, i think the pbr mansion is there as well (not a great tour but something to fill time). those are just a few that i can remember doing in milwaukee.

Matt Molinari

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am driving to this game from NJ - wondering what time tailgates around the stadium start for a night game?? Staying in Chicago on Saturday and wanna get to Green Bay around noon. Last year I went to an awesome bar before the game but I dont even remember the name. Is Stadium View Bar the best one to go to?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I am driving to this game from NJ - wondering what time tailgates around the stadium start for a night game?? Staying in Chicago on Saturday and wanna get to Green Bay around noon. Last year I went to an awesome bar before the game but I dont even remember the name. Is Stadium View Bar the best one to go to?
The bars will start hopping in the morning for the early games. None of the area bars are a bad choice. I've done the night before deal once or twice. I've not done gameday. There are also other commercial tailgating sites nearby. Lot opens I believe 4 hours b4 kickoff. Gates 2 hours before. Visit me in my beer stand in section 106. Or I might be in the brat stand next door. Haven't been told yet.

Members online

Latest posts