Tramon Williams

D

Deleted member 6794

We should have never let go on Davon House. I loved that guy.

While House would currently present an upgrade over the Packers cornerbacks the team made the right choice to let House walk away in free agency and not match the contract the Jaguars offered him at that time.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's it. :rolleyes: I just suggested him because I know his name. Not because our cornerback position was a house of horrors last year, or because he knows the defensive system already, or because the secondary lacks any veteran depth, or because he'd be cheap and short term and I know TT is unlikely to spend much in FA, or because he was a decent corner here and wouldn't count against the comp pick formula.

Seriously, not every familiar name suggested needs to be dismissed and blasted, some of them if you actually think about them do make sense on many levels. If you disagree, state your reasons why, don't just mock it. It's not like I am suggesting adding Ryan Fitzpatrick here. Obviously I'd love to add Malcolm Butler and AJ Bouye but I'm trying to be realistic about who Thompson may kick the tires on.
Did you see him play this year?

I saw a few and he is slower and always had issues trying to tackle. I recall a few times his hips don't seem so fluid when turning..

We would get the same results as we have now..

Besides, we have fa coming up and I think we all can agree there is some one
Better in that group.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Williams was in serious decline while still here. He's been done for a couple of years now.

OP
OP
A

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you see him play this year?

I saw a few and he is slower and always had issues trying to tackle. I recall a few times his hips don't seem so fluid when turning..

We would get the same results as we have now..

Besides, we have fa coming up and I think we all can agree there is some one
Better in that group.

Fair enough. Outside of the few times I saw him on red zone, I didn't, so I'll have to take your word for it. I am just counting on losing Hyde and figured Tramon at the worst could cheaply fill a slot corner/hybrid role.

I agree better options are available but even with 12M extra cap space freed in the last 24 hours I don't expect that we will pursue one.

D

Deleted member 6794

Fair enough. Outside of the few times I saw him on red zone, I didn't, so I'll have to take your word for it. I am just counting on losing Hyde and figured Tramon at the worst could cheaply fill a slot corner/hybrid role.

I agree better options are available but even with 12M extra cap space freed in the last 24 hours I don't expect that we will pursue one.

PFF graded Williams at 67.3 last season which was better than every qualified cornerback on the Packers aside of Hyde.

Members online

Latest posts