Tramon Williams signed 4 year extension on his Packer contract

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Tramon Williams signs $41 million extension

The Packers have locked up another young “core” player just set to hit his prime. Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports the team signed cornerback Tramon Williams to a four-year, $41.25 million contract that runs through 2014.** Much of the money is up front. Williams received a $6 million signing bonus and his salary*…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

bozo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Non-drafted free agent out of Louisiana Tech in 06...now, 4 years later, gets 41 Mil, & is off to a pro bowl season!

Now, who doesn't like Ted Thomson?

I, simply, LOVE, how we find good prospects, & then develop them...Sam Shields included!

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Wish we could have gotten a couple more years, but I'll take it! :)

Revis was 4 years 46 million, in comparison.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now, who doesn't like Ted Thomson?

Looks like we can cross another one off the list. Dang, the anti-TT crowd is going to have to come up with a new list.

Reasons Ted Thompson sucks:

X 1. Is very cheap and refuses to sign high dollar players
X 2. Refuses to sign FAs
X 3. Will never trade up in the draft
X 4. Hates playmakers
X 5. Drove Brett Favre away
X 6. His sole purpose is to destroy the Packers
X 7. Will never trade for players

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, great signing. Congrats to Tramon and the Packers for working this deal out.

This is how you build a team that's going to be a contender for years to come- By finding quality players through the draft, or even un-drafted, and developing them. NOT through fantasy, knee jerk trades, and NOT through high priced free agents, but though drafting and signing quality talent that will last for years to come.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I think the team did very well to get him at this price. I'm a bit surprised actually. He deserves every nickel.
Now we can get Sam Shields up to speed. Joe Whitt has already said he's gonna be a top corner.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a huge signing. Tramon is proving himself as a top 10 corner in the league and is eating receivers alive. I think this is excellent for the team and his development has IMHO made the defense so dominant, especially in the absence of Harris. As much as I hate to say it, that injury may have been a tiny blessing. Tramon is an awesome player and I think the Packers got someone special on that team.

I do get sick to my stomach whenever he takes punts though. Anyone else, please.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am really excited about this. Now I hope they turn their attention to Jenkins, who also deserves a deal. He has been playing lights out just like Williams.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great move front loading the whole thing since we dont have a cap this season. I expect this to happen to Jenkins soon as well.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I 100% agree Ivo, dude's a beast. Hopefully Neal will be fully recovered next year, a really nice 1/2 punch to any team.

Members online

Latest posts