Tramon Williams Retires

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tramon Williams is retiring. Not surprising news at all, but it is sad nonetheless, given how long he has been with the organization. I'll always remember his clutch interceptions in 2010, especially the pick six off Ryan going into halftime. Thank you for being a classy player, your many years in Green Bay, and for helping us bring a title home.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No joke been a lot of sadness in these bones of late...Jamaal's joy will be elsewhere...now Tramon retiring...I swear if Big Dawg retires or signs somewhere else I'm probably gonna break my lenten fasting of giving up alcohol.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No joke been a lot of sadness in these bones of late...Jamaal's joy will be elsewhere...now Tramon retiring...I swear if Big Dawg retires or signs somewhere else I'm probably gonna break my lenten fasting of giving up alcohol.

I always do lent lite that way I only have to stop for 3 weeks.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I always do lent lite that way I only have to stop for 3 weeks.

Rookies!!! I gave up giving up anything for Lent decades ago ... So every Lenten season, I successfully complete my Lenten obligation.

This is what happens when you grow up in a strict Catholic household - you limit yourself to one half pound burger on Friday.

Yes, it's abstinence from abstaining.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Rookies!!! I gave up giving up anything for Lent decades ago ... So every Lenten season, I successfully complete my Lenten obligation.

This is what happens when you grow up in a strict Catholic household - you limit yourself to one half pound burger on Friday.

Hey bud, you`ll appreciate this being a fellow catholic. One year my late wife and I spent Easter with my parents. Being a staunch catholic, I explained that on Good Friday we didn`t eat meat at all. My mum made us cheese and pickle sandwiches as I expected and then tucked into a ham sandwich herself....hahaha She did it completely innocently but nearly choked when we pointed out her actions. Three times we had to make sure she knew what she was doing. When we pointed out ham was meat, she nearly choked trying to spit it out :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:. It still makes me chuckle 20 years later.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Hey bud, you`ll appreciate this being a fellow catholic. One year my late wife and I spent Easter with my parents. Being a staunch catholic, I explained that on Good Friday we didn`t eat meat at all. My mum made us cheese and pickle sandwiches as I expected and then tucked into a ham sandwich herself....hahaha She did it completely innocently but nearly choked when we pointed out her actions. Three times we had to make sure she knew what she was doing. When we pointed out ham was meat, she nearly choked trying to spit it out :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:. It still makes me chuckle 20 years later.

So for lent, do you give up coffee for tea? Back on topic; Tramon Williams has been a joy to watch. One can't blame him for retiring. These guys take an unbelievable beating year after year and those of us who are "seasoned" understand the feeling of the body not being able to take the punishment we once gave it.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My big 2010 memory was the endzone interception to win the wildcard game against the Eagles. Tramon was a Grade A Packers player.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pick 6 against the Falcons in 2010 is one of the best Packer moments ever

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What makes Tramon's retirement especially sad for me is that the players from the 2010 team are now almost gone. Just Rodgers and Crosby remain on the team. And around the league, the only other active player I can think of is Bulaga.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
What makes Tramon's retirement especially sad for me is that the players from the 2010 team are now almost gone. Just Rodgers and Crosby remain on the team. And around the league, the only other active player I can think of is Bulaga.
Clark Harris is still active I believe unless he has announced his retirement. Not positive he was still on the Packers roster in 2010 though.

Edit: My bad. Re-read your post. “On the team”.

PS: Marshall Newhouseis still floating around yet too. He was on the 2010 team.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually abot

Actually about 30 years ago I made a new year's resolution to not give up anything for Lent. It worked so well I've been doing it ever since. No cheating, no guilt, no problem.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pick 6 against the Falcons in 2010 is one of the best Packer moments ever
And Joe Buck for all the flak he gets did pretty good here. "They tried to bite off more yardage, and they just got burned!"

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

So for lent, do you give up coffee for tea? Back on topic; Tramon Williams has been a joy to watch. One can't blame him for retiring. These guys take an unbelievable beating year after year and those of us who are "seasoned" understand the feeling of the body not being able to take the punishment we once gave it.

I`m a massive fan of Tramon Williams and I don`t usually do the hero worship of individuals. I can only wish him well for the future and thank him for all his service to the Packers.

Reaction score
Actually abot

Actually about 30 years ago I made a new year's resolution to not give up anything for Lent. It worked so well I've been doing it ever since. No cheating, no guilt, no problem.
Nice.
Well it might be the Polish in me, but in the past I loaned $. But this season I went ahead with tithes n offerings and gave up loaning $.. because i kinda feel like I’ve already lent

Last edited:

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was really hoping he'd get a redeeming moment this past year after the final play vs Seattle in NFC Championship game, even though it really wasn't his fault, just perfect execution by the opponent. Also wish he didn't get that shoulder injury week 1 in 2011. He was a stud corner in 2010 and while he had his moments, that shoulder injury really limited his tackling ability from then on. Great career considering he was undrafted. Can't forget he had the clinching play of the Super Bowl!

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was really hoping he'd get a redeeming moment this past year after the final play vs Seattle in NFC Championship game, even though it really wasn't his fault, just perfect execution by the opponent.

We signed the guy this year and never played him! If he had played instead of King, we would have made the SB.

D

Deleted member 6794

We signed the guy this year and never played him! If he had played instead of King, we would have made the SB.

Most likely, Williams wouldn't have been able to make a difference in that game at that point in his career.

Members online

Latest posts