Tramon Williams Named NFC Player Of The Week

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yay Tramon:
Packers punt returner Tramon Williams was named Special Teams Players of the Week for games played the 11th week of the 2007 season (November 18-19), the NFL announced Wednesday.

Williams set the tone early with a 94-yard punt-return touchdown in the Packers' 31-17 victory over Carolina to help Green Bay improve to 9-1. In the first quarter of a scoreless game, the Panthers lined up for a field goal but instead executed a pooch punt. Williams fielded the bouncing ball at his own six-yard line and sprinted up the right sideline for a 94-yard touchdown to give the Packers a lead they would not relinquish. Williams' return tied for the second-longest punt-return touchdown in franchise history, one yard shy of the team record (95 yards, STEVE ODOM, 11/10/74 vs. Chicago).

In his first season from Louisiana Tech, this is Williams' first career Player of the Week Award. He is the second Packer to be named Special Teams Player of the Week this season, joining rookie kicker MASON CROSBY (Week 1).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who woulda thought Tramon would get this honor? I didn't although it got my PLAY OF THE GAME honors, which matters(to me). This team is nuts.

I wonder if he returns punts tomorrow. I know McCarthy said he is happy with Woodson, but that could be lip service to the veteran. Put the guy back there who can go the distance and keep Woodson healthy!

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we are winning some serious awards this year....only one that matter is the lombardi though

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts