Tramon Williams expected to sign with the Packers

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd put him on punt return right now. I was surprised to see him with baltimore the other night i didn't know he was playing this year. Was glad to see him out there still battling. he's one of the good guys.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like it won't be Veldheer who will be the first player in history to play for 2 teams in the same postseason, but Tramon Williams.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The punt return game is such a disaster, if he could just fill that role effectively, this signing would be more than worth it.

Last edited:

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking he'd automatically be an upgrade to Josh Jackson in our roster....but statistically Josh's best game this season was vs Bucs in week 6!

Still good depth signing.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it gets Tavon Austin off the field in any capacity(punt returner) I’m all for it.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Can’t like him in deep coverage to many bad memories for me, just me, when Seattles Baldwin beat him deep for game winner loss to SB, durability he’s there speed no

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought he wasn't eligible to play with us. I thought Veldheer was only eligible because he was a practice squad guy. Really not sure how all this works. It never happened before in NFL history now twice in 2 weeks?

Voltron

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought he wasn't eligible to play with us. I thought Veldheer was only eligible because he was a practice squad guy. Really not sure how all this works. It never happened before in NFL history now twice in 2 weeks?

I think is was allowed because he was cut.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not sure how it works. If he was cut, i'm sure there were waivers to clear, but he's at the end of his career. Nobody is really going to claim him. I'm sure the Ravens cut him because 1) he's not in their future plans at all. 2) they cut him right away because he had another opportunity to play and get another ring. 3) we're kind of a natural fit. Could use a bit of depth and he was here in this defense with us just last year. He's not signed to be a starting corner.

odd it happens twice in the same year for the same team that a situation like this arises.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It has happened before. Living in San Diego, the only time I liked them was when Marty coached them. He claimed Prime Time when he was waived so he couldn’t sign with the Raiders. Anyone could have claimed Tramon but since no one did we can sign him.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Jared didnt cause any issues and I hope they learned from it...

I think we got extremely lucky that he didn't. Imagine if he had simply passed it to A-Rod during that Tuesday practice before his Wed. positive test. But you are right, let's hope they double up on the precautions that they used with Jared.

I love this signing if nothing more for super experienced veteran depth and maybe even more importantly, a familiar veteran face in the locker room and sidelines. A guy that has been here before, as a Green Bay Packer.

Is Randall Cobb available? :whistling:

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh man...I can see it...dime with tramon covering Gronk...and Buggar bill stepping in to punt instead of JK Scott...:sneaky::laugh::mad:

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It has happened before. Living in San Diego, the only time I liked them was when Marty coached them. He claimed Prime Time when he was waived so he couldn’t sign with the Raiders. Anyone could have claimed Tramon but since no one did we can sign him.

It has been mentioned when Veldheer was signed that no player has played in the playoffs in the same year for two different teams. That's what I was referring to.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Why sign him if you don't play him and use his experience and sure hands? Tramon makes that pick before halftime. Probably returns it to set offense up in FG range or close to it.

Members online

Latest posts