Training Camp... Who will you be watching?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Three things I'm honing in on:

-Green, how is he looking coming back from the injury...I honestly feel he potentially is a bigger cog in the offense then some think by providing a change of pace back, and his hands on 3rd down could be priceless for Rodgers on check downs.

-Tackles: Newhouse...he does well I feel the O-Line does well, almost entwined together. Also Datko, this kid intrigues me more than any late round O-Lineman we've drafted in the past 4-5 years to be honest. He's got the size, the skillset, the ability and seems to have it mentally....can he overcome the shoulder issue is the only thing.

-Safeties: Obviously with Collins no longer here this is a key spot. This spot is crucial to the fluidity and communication of the D. No single player is gonna keep my eye but the entire group. Can M.D. seriously take over like some think, is Peprah finally gonna be the man now that he's got other breathing down his back?! We'll see...

*Honorable mentions: Will Dale Moss get a practice squad spot? Developement of backup QB's. Can Hawk truly earn his spot at LB? Is T. Manning going to be the special teams stud I have a hunch he'll be? Can Cobb take that next step towards making GB make a decision on JJ's future? Is Tramon back this season?

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
*Honorable mentions: Will Dale Moss get a practice squad spot? Developement of backup QB's. Can Hawk truly earn his spot at LB? Is T. Manning going to be the special teams stud I have a hunch he'll be? Can Cobb take that next step towards making GB make a decision on JJ's future? Is Tramon back this season?

Yes, I think that either one or both Borel and Gurley could be singed by another team barring injury to the Wr corps. With those two young prospects out the door Moss should look to take over that role.

As far as Hawk goes, I think the team is still high on him. It would take a monstrous preseason and training camp from one of the young guys to unseat him to start the year. I think this off season is going to be a very good thing for a lot of young guys on the team including Cobb. But his emergence as a weapon is this offense will not really affect James Jones. They bout serve different roles with Cobb being a inside slot WR, whereas James Jones is more of an outside threat. Look for Cobb to start to take a bite out of Drivers playing time early and often.

The only recent Tramon Williams news I have heard wasn't very good. The shoulder injury really bothers him to this day, and nerve injuries take a long time to heal. I hope he is using this next 20 days or so until training camp starts to really finish off his rehab. His participation in training camp will probably be limited early but I think it will be important for the secondary to get some real practice time with the whole group together to really resolve a lot of the communication errors and being out of position we grimaced through last year. For me Tramon Williams returning to 2010 form is one of the top 3 most important things that will determine the outcome of the 2012 season.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The one no one mentioned but might be the most important is our back up QB, Harrell.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

The Green Bay Packer Cheerleaders are all of legal age. ;)

Can't speak for the linemen, can you. :cool:

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Perhaps you (66) could offer some suggestions to remedy the Cheerleaders poor ranking.
Would you perfer boys instead ?
:sneaky:

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Tackling last year was sometimes poor. I will be watching for improvement in that area.:ninja:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you finish 32nd on defense and get rung up for 37 in a home playoff game the starting eleven posiions on that side of the ball will be wide open. So if you are a rookie or 2nd year player there is a golden opportunity. Neal may get bumped out quickly or if he stays it may only be til Hargrove gets activated.
Back up QB will really be the mystery spot. What if both flop? Do we look elsewhere?

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Were back ! Hears to better tackling this year !!! GO PACK GO !!!

CheeseHead87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be watching the secondary. We all know that they are all ballhawks, but can they also cover?

Oh and the OLB crop is always interesting.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

TACKLING, WE NEED BETTER TACKLING!!!

CheeseHead87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back up QB will really be the mystery spot. What if both flop? Do we look elsewhere?
If they both flop, I think TT has got to look into acquiring Colt McCoy from the Browns. Has experience, no problem with being a backup, and most importantly: he'd be dirt cheap to acquire.

Only thing I'm not sure of is if his contract is also cheap. If it's not, screw it.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

I recently heard the the Packers still have 11.5 million in cap money left to spend. McCoy maybe, a RB maybe, reserve to plug injury holes maybe. Have all the draft picks been signed ? We shall see soon enough. :confused:

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I recently heard the the Packers still have 11.5 million in cap money left to spend. McCoy maybe, a RB maybe, reserve to plug injury holes maybe. Have all the draft picks been signed ? We shall see soon enough. :confused:
All signed. I doubt we'll spend any more cap than we need to with 2014 when we re-sign half the team coming soon. Besides, It's only the top contracts that determine cap, bring in a guy at league min and the cap space don't change

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All signed. I doubt we'll spend any more cap than we need to with 2014 when we re-sign half the team coming soon. Besides, It's only the top contracts that determine cap, bring in a guy at league min and the cap space don't change

Yeah all the contracts we have running out plays a huge factor in how TT and the organization do things. I'll be honest Hawk needs traded after this year unless he because a STUD (to save money), Jones is making too much to potentially stay our 4th reciever if Cobb does what he can, Finley becomes expendable at his price if Jones starts producing IMO...and there are more.

We are getting some guys for super cheap right now (Burnett, Mathews, Bulaga) and others not cheap (Woodson, Hawk, Jones, Pickett)....be interesting to see how all this shakes out in the years to come.

* How many years does Woodson have left contract wise anyone?

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

I say keep an eye on Nick Perry ! The #1 draft pick is going to have people saying WOW !!!

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Yeah all the contracts we have running out plays a huge factor in how TT and the organization do things. I'll be honest Hawk needs traded after this year unless he because a STUD (to save money), Jones is making too much to potentially stay our 4th reciever if Cobb does what he can, Finley becomes expendable at his price if Jones starts producing IMO...and there are more.

We are getting some guys for super cheap right now (Burnett, Mathews, Bulaga) and others not cheap (Woodson, Hawk, Jones, Pickett)....be interesting to see how all this shakes out in the years to come.

* How many years does Woodson have left contract wise anyone?
CWood2015.

Pickett is probably the reason Daniels and Muir were brought in, He is getting up there, and Raji needs a new back-up. Pickett is one of those 2014 guys.

"Burnett, Mathews, Bulaga" All still on first contract, of course they're cheap. They're not underpaid, they're under CONTRACT. There is a huge difference.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts